TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

@new knee in June it is going down to 34 degrees tonight here in Central Florida. I am a ninny when it comes to anything below 70 for daytime temperatures and lower 50s at night. I don't like cold or snow. It must be the Mediterranean blood. I won't go into my pool unless the water is in the mid 80s. Did I say that I hated the cold? My pool is way too cold for me to swim or even just walk in it.

Thanks and take care!
 
It's too bad that you don't have a gym with a pool! That has helped me with the flexibility to be able to pull my knees to my chest in the folded position! One thing I learned about this technique is that it gives a nice stretch to the lower back! That is great for the back surgery I had in 2005! The stretching feels great!:happydance:
 
Oh my...it is a good thing that I have an OS visit Monday. :sad: Today was awful!!! :yikes: I had to dress up for work. :sigh:I am usually dressed down. I put on a pair of shoes that I have worn two times post TKR with a very low heel without much trouble. I even wore my neoprene sleeve (brace) to work over my knee for extra stability. Oh my!!! :shocked:There has to be something wrong in the knee.:hairpulling: I shouldn't be hurting to the point I need to take a pain pill at 7 months. :sigh:
@new knee in June and @RestAssured for both your information I haven't exercised since Tuesday. :groan: I stopped knowing that something in the knee was not right.

Icing and elevating :)

Come on Monday!!! :cry:
 
@daughter stalker
I am sorry that you are in so much pain:sad: Don't forget to right down questions for your
O.S. Very important, so nothing is left out. I would lie if I said I was never in pain at almost
8 months:groan:The only time I have no pain is when I walk, if I exercise to much or my knee
Is sideways it is painful.( laying on my bed )
I will :angel:Your doctor says, All is fine...just give it some more time.
Have a restful weekend:console2:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
daughterstalker Hopefully you are off on the weekend which will give you plenty of time to rest. Good luck with your appointment Monday. Insist on some answers and testing as necessary. :angel: for you.
 
@daughter stalker ,
Maria,
I hope you get this worked out at your OS visit. No, you shouldn't have this much pain at 7 months out. It sounds like something is wrong. Hopefully, it's not the growth of scar tissue.
I'm 8 1/2 months out. I don't have much pain, just some minor muscle soreness because of the laxity in the knee. The spacer is too thin. I wear a supporting knee brace whenever I am out & about. I'm going to wait until the 1 year mark, or even longer, to re-evaluate & see if I can live with it.

Good luck on Monday.

Roger
 
Patella Tendonitis. That's all he could come up with. Also some scar tissue around the patella. Hmmm....
 
My OS suggested that I use a TENS unit, take anti-inflammatory meds and avoid stairs. :sigh: I don't have stairs so that isn't a problem. :yay: I have a TENS unit and I already take Celebrex. :scratch: He also stated that if I wanted to go back to physical therapy for ultrasound that he could send me back. :no-fin: I cut way back on exercise and am using the TENS unit along with the Celebrex. :sad: I have been taking Celebrex for years. :doh: I am seeing some pain relief, but still have the crunching. :groan: The OS told me that he couldn't give me cortisone shot for the tendonitis as it may tear or rupture the tendon. :yikes: That kinda makes sense. I will take a wait and see approach for now. I am just tired of it all. :zzz: Thank all of you for your concern and your input. I will consider seeking another opinion if resting doesn't do the trick. :ok:
 
Yes Im OK? Heaps has happened, not my health just family things. The knee still stresses me out, I think it may be only muscle problems, Im so over due for my 6 mths check up OS. I have had no time on the computer, or the time to be on it. Im sounding all mysterious, but when you call down under and stay with me we can chat. to much **** to type up, Im sounding very lazy no lol. Trying to log on every day. Must go now. Talk later. Also Noel has retired, so here every minute of the day. Good and bad..lol I will get use to it I guess. Going to start some serious travel overseas, look out nay spring you. Talk later. XOXOX
 
Thank you, Diana! One step at a time @new knee in June! I have better days and then I have not so better days. I can't say I have good days and I can't say I have bad days. Does that make any sense?

I go to a massage therapist once every two weeks to have her break up the scar tissue that has developed in my knee. Seems to help some. :yay: Now that I have backed way off from exercise it seems to be a little bit better pain wise. And I am packing on the lbs. :yikes: It is a viscous cycle! :headbang: The grinding still occurs. :groan: I guess this too shall pass.

Thanks for checking up on me. I hope you are doing well, yourself. :friends:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom