Guest viewing is limited

TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Knee crepitus is making me crazy!!! I thought by having this TKR that this would go away. It did for a while when my knee was still quite swollen. It began at 4 1/2months and is getting slightly worse. I have stiffness and some pain associated with the crunching that is going on there. I go to my GP on January 20th which happens to be my 7 month knee birthday. What a way to celebrate!!! I thought I was ready to move on... Guess not! :hairpulling:
 
Wow! I'm so sorry you are having these problems this far out from your tkr. I had to look up knee crepitus and read that if there is pain involved it should be checked. Good luck with this and keep us posted.:console2:I hope this gets resolved soon for you.
 
@daughter stalker
I am sad to hear about your pain:sad: I, like Crystal had to "Google" this terminology. Hopefully
Your Doctor will have an answer for you:beg:You will "Move On" but, first let's get this pain &
Solution settled. Could you get an App. With your O.S. ?
Thinking of you:console2:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Thanks! I can't wait to see my GP next Monday. I will keep my head up and continue but this grinding is really getting old. It is almost like the grinding before TKR. Only the pain isn't quite the same (not as bad) and my knee doesn't give way. I want the "I am soooo happy I had this TKR!" Hopefully it will come.
 
@new knee in June I want to see my GP first to see what he says. My OS seemed as if it was not a big deal when I saw him in November. Said that it was probably scar tissue around the knee cap and to ride a bike for exercise. It left a really bad taste in my mouth. I felt like a whiner at that point. :scratch: He then told me that I was doing quite well and that unless I had a problem arise that he didn't need to see me for 2 years. :hairpulling:
 
I'm so sorry about your os. It would certainly leave a "bad taste" in my mouth too. I went against the recommendations and instead of choosing the ortho who was supposedly the best in town (and could not put both feet into the exam room) and did hundreds a year I went with the 34 yr old newbie who worked for an nfl team and did one knee per week (he specializes in shoulders). Unlike other docs he wants to see me every 3 months for the first year and before surgery when I mentioned a sliver gives me problems and an infection and it worried me he said it worried him also. I would go for another doc who cares and hears what is going on with your knees and what your concerns are. So far, my tkr has been really perfect but I am not quite 4 months out and as I read on here problems can come quite awhile after surgery.

I really hope you get some resolution. From experience (and incorrect diagnosis over the years) I really believe we know our own bodies better than any doctor. Keep searching until you have a doc who will find out what is going on with your tkr. Good luck. I will say prayers for you.
 
@crystals5 Pam,

I really didn't expect to hear anything like this from my OS. I have been seeing him for 19 years now. He did the last 5 of my arthroscopies. I was kind of taken aback when he said the things he said. My OS is a matter of fact person. I've known this for many many years. He is one of the best in the area and well respected by all the hospital staff. I know he doesn't have a wonderful bedside manner. He never has, but I trust his work. OS didn't tell me to not come back, but to come back if I was having any problems. I thought what I told him was a problem, but apparently he didn't see it as a problem. Maybe he just wanted me to see if time would change things. I don't know. I haven't called back. After Monday I will see. I am going to see what my GP says and then go back to my OS if the GP recommends it. If I go back and get the same reaction then I will seek someone new. Thank you for the prayers and I am glad that you are doing well.
 
Oh @daughter stalker ,

It is sad that you don't feel comfortable enough to ring him up and say, I've got a problem that I need you to look at! You paid him a lot of money for his expertise, no matter how highly regarded he is. If the GP can't help you, which in my case I never asked them, if you don't feel comfortable, by all means find a different OS!:console2:
 
Dear D.S,@daughter stalker
I do hope you get an answer for your problem:) Do you still do the gym 3 times a week ?
I am at 7 & a half months, my knee still clicks & clacks, but, it doesn't hurt so I don't worry.
I heard if your knee clicks & you have pain to get it checked. So, you are doing the right thing to get
It checked:kittykiss:I hope you don't mind me saying.....maybe cut down on the gym & also do you
Do the same exercises every time ? I like to switch it up, I don't want tendinitis or any similar
Problems.
Attention....I am not a doctor, I only play one on Bone Smart:rotfl:
Take Care,:friends:
Please post an up-date, we care about you:angel:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
Yes, it is hard to stay away. I've made that change for you, @daughter stalker.
 
Thanks everyone! Went to the GP yesterday. He was happy with all my blood work numbers & blood pressure. :yay::yay::yay: He just didn't like the number he saw on the scale. This may have something to do with the pain that is occurring. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I guess I will need to retire the shovel. :heehee: AND the information!!! :martini::martini::martini:

My GP wants me to go back to the OS and tell him what is going on. The GP told me that I shouldn't be having much trouble at 7 months. He did mention that the weight probably was not helping the matter any and suggested that I lose weight. GO FIGURE!!! :hairpulling: How can I lose weight and not exercise the way I think I should (i.e. every day for at least an hour)? :scratch:

No Diana :no-fin: @new knee in June , I am not exercising every day!!! I go maybe 3 times per week and maybe 30 to 45 minutes. :sigh:

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!:flwrysmile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@daughter stalker,

Now you didn't tell me anything just Diana! So I feel safe in saying, if they have a pool where you go, walk in it! It might make the knee better. When I am fully healed from the surgery, I LOOK forward to Abby and I doing Cardio in the pool! She is a killer on land and sea, but at least I can catch a break for breath if I hold my head under water!:rotfl: So nope no breaks, but I love the water!
 
Well, I have an OS appointment Monday with my OS. :shocked: We will see what he has to say. :skep:

@RestAssured why would I fuss at you? :what: I just like fussing at Diana. She still loves me. :heehee: Most of the swimming pools here in Central Florida are outside. I sure wish we had more indoor pools so that I could do those types of exercise. It is kind of cold for Florida right now so I can't go into my pool. :tantrum: I hope you are feeling better.
 
@daughter stalker
You & only you are entitled to fuss at me:rotfl: Your right I still love ya !! I hope your app.
Monday goes well:angel:What do you consider cold in Florida ? Right now it is 0 degrees & 13 inches
Of snow:yikes: But, you know I love it:snow dig::happydance::yahoo:
Take Care,
Diana:friends: We have a group in Boston called the "L" street "Brownies" ( from Southie ) they go
Swimming in the Atlantic Ocean in 0 degree weather, Why can't you use your pool ?:loll::martini::rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom