TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! P/T people! :gaah: How dare you? DS practically lives there! They obviously have NO CLUE what it takes to GO to P/T after working all day! :hissy: That's why we need new knee in June working in P/T! :iagree: Minus the warriors and walnuts of course. Oh, and BTW DS D'Diana said she was trying on heels for her interview. I just knew a woman of her disposition wouldn't be caught wearing anything BUT Stilettos... My bad! :heehee:
 
Hey Roger,

Thank you! It is my choice to go to PT. I have 35 years of work to make up. My quads and hamstrings are so weak even though I do leg press at 150 lbs x 2 @ 15 reps. Leg extension is only at 15 lbs and leg curls are at 35 lbs x2 @ 15 reps. I have close to full range of motion for the type of knee the OS put in me (135) and can basically straighten my knee. (From the Zimmer brochure - Safely accommodates high flexion — up to 155 degrees —for patients with the ability and desire to do so.) It will take a L O N G time for me to get to semi-normal thigh strength. If I do it on my own I will just over do it and not want to exercise to strengthen my right thigh. I met my out of pocket maximum for health insurance and have up to 60 PT visits per incident. I don't have to pay anything until January 1st to go to PT so why not go?

I hope you are doing well.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Happy 4 month anniversary !!!!! :dancy: :happydance: :spin:
Speaking of weak thigh muscles....Do you know who has thigh muscles of steel ? :shrug:
My Mighty, Mighty, WARRIORS :yahoo: :yahoo:
Maybe you could start cracking a few WALNUTS, then you to could have Mighty Thighs :rotfl: :loll: :rofsign:
I crack myself up....
Have a great day tomorrow,
Diana....undisputed QUEEN :bow: :bow: of the WALNUT cracking WARRIORS :blush: :yes!:
 
Maria,
Cool. Yes, it sounds like the extra PT is a good decision for you. Build up the strength, and get the full flex out of that fancy high-flex knee of yours! :)
I'm doing well. Check out my recovery thread (link below). We had a nice long weekend in Phoenix, and this week we're preparing to take off for our big cruise.

Cheers,
Roger
 
OS visit was extremely uneventful. He wants me back in 2 months for an x-ray then back at the one year mark.
 
Hi, Everyone!

Just checking in on you daughter stalker! I see you are still up to your tricks and pursuing that platinum membership in the ODIC!:SUNsmile: Sounds like you are doing well and, wow, still going on with the PT! That is impressive! Not fun after working all day long, either!:flwrysmile: Hard to believe it has been more than 4 months, isn't it?
Hope you have a great Halloween and I have to run :loll: and get the door (not really run but I think you know that!) , kids are out trick-or-treating like crazy! Talk to you soon!

Becca
 
Good evening my lady. :cheers2: Just wanted to remind you that tomorrow is "Swap your medication for Information Saturday!" :martini: :egypdance:

Hope you had an easy day today and you're ready for a good weekend! :yes!:
 
Yes! the weekend is here---so
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
 
Hello D.S,
I am having a real hard time with this daylight savings :hissy: In work yesterday all the clocks were wrong.
One was 2 hrs. Off. I had to call hubby & ask what time it was :yikes: I was scared....felt like Seinfeld in
The "bazaro" world. I hope you are having a good Monday :) , just remember tomorrow is Tuesday :happydance:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June I am sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with changing to standard time. :sad: I'm still kicking, but not very hard. :heehee: Ah...Tuesday! I hope you have a better night tonight. How did the interview go? Have they told you anything?

I'm trying to decide whether or not I will stop going to PT. I used to like it until I was turned away last Tuesday. Last Tuesday was the only day last week I was scheduled for PT for the week. :scratch: I don't know how that happened, but I didn't get to go. I may go tomorrow and tell them it will be my last time. I really need to continue as my thigh is quite weak still. Decisions, decisions!

Good night all! :sleep:
 
PT the other day was interesting. I am working on strengthening exercises. Go figure! :umm: Got my measurement done and I am at 143 and 1. I don't think I will ever keep at 0, but we are still working on it. I guess when I got to 0 at 11 weeks it was a tease! :rotfl:

Work has been stressful and keeping me quite busy. My little boys keep coming and coming and coming like the Energizer Bunny!!! We aren't handing out cell phones and iPods! :hairpulling:

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening! :flwrysmile:
 
bottomshollow please change my thread to "Time to move on..."

I am almost at 5 months now and am at a point where I can truthfully say that I am a true graduate and need to move on. I will check back periodically to update. I thank all who have supported me and have dealt with my whining. I don't think I could have dealt with this major change in my life without all of you and this site.

Hugs to you all! :flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom