TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Today is 4 months with my new knee. :yay: Am I happy I did this? Hmmmm..ask me next month. I am getting better and see a difference from last month. As for the hip, it is better. As for the knee, it is much better. I just can't get past the swelling. I still have a little swelling which causes me a little stiffness. I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :SUNsmile:

Thank you Bionic woman2, new knee in June, Ready, Becca, Knee pain, 50yrold and SFBaySailor for your support and encouragement to get me to this point. I still have a bit of healing to do especially since I don't have an ODIC thermostat. :heehee: Proved that I don't have an ODIC thermostat tonight.

I hope everyone has a good day!:flwrysmile:
 
Happy Birthday to your new knee :dancy: Thank you for the bag of walnuts :happydance:
Have a great Sunday.....I'm in the Atlantic Ocean, on a bed that BW 2 made for me ( no brakes)
With my "WARRIORS, cracking walnuts & sipping :martini:
Life doesn't get any better than this :wink: :yes!:
DDiana.....WARRIORS & WALNUTS....oh, ya !!!!!!
 
Enjoy your time at the ocean D'Diana! I envy you being at the beach! Not that I can't get there in an hour and a half or anything. :scratch: I would go to the Gulf. The water is much warmer and my hunks are there. :dancy: Thank you for the birthday wish! :SUNsmile:

Have a wonderful day! :flwrysmile:
 
Maria,
Congratulations on the 4 months!
I wouldn't sweat the stiffness. As I mentioned in my latest update, I still have some stiffness at 5 1/2 months. I think it's normal to have some fluid buildup in our knees for a while after this surgery.
Take care, and have a great Sunday!!

Roger
 
Interesting to see your comments at 4 months post op. good to see that you're aware you have made progress and can see a difference from last month and looking ahead. I think I know what you mean though - you can see progress but it's not as quick as we would like. I find it so reassuring to hear others, like you, on this forum telling 'us' as it is so that we know that it's 'ok' to experience swelling, stiffness etc some time after post op.

Keep up the good work and continue moving forward. I will be looking for further posts to see what to expect (although I know we are all different)
:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you speedy2! :kittykiss: I don't want to discourage anyone from doing this totally necessary surgery or make it sound like it is a piece of cake. There are some people who do well from the gate :) , people who do follow BoneSmart mantra and do fine, people who have problems :cry: and there are hard headed people like me who don't listen and do too much and pay for it. :headbang: I do learn, but I have to learn the hard way. :heehee:

I hope your recovery is an easy one and that you progress nicely! :flwrysmile:
 
Well I do listen, but don't necessarily act upon advice thinking that it doesn't mean me!!!! Very similar to you possibly, however, it is not because I know better, it is through sheer frustration at not progressing as fast as I would like and thinking If I just push a little more...then pay the price.
:SUNsmile:
 
:yay::yay:Congratulations on the 4 month mark! :yay: :yay:​

I know it hasn't been easy, but you've been getting it done. :egypdance: :martini: :cheers: :happydance: :headbang: :gaah: :dancy: :hairpulling: :boohoo: :hissy: :sorry: :bicycle2::cry: :tantrum: :mcoffee: :dancy: :doh: :thud: Well, :umm: maybe more done than appropriate ODIC Prez :skep: but you are our Hero! :bow: :bow::bow:

Sorry new knee in June D'Diana, you are Queen of the June Sunbeams, Mega-Queen of the Warriors and Chief Walnut Distributor, but DS is the ODIC PRESIDENT! :cheers2: They're may be a couple of folks coming up who unwittingly seek to dethrone you but until then... SWIPE THAT CARD BABY! :rotfl::loll: :rofsign:

RestAssured, since the emoticons were used in celebration of Daughter Stalker we're gonna charge this to your ODIC Black American Express card that you have been hiding my dear. :yes: YES! We are on to you! :skep:

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.
... and it's NOT a Train. :flwrysmile:
 
Since RestAssured is paying for the emotioncons when the site lets me back on to type responses I will use away. LOL :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
No ma'am. My ODIC card is open and has a high limit. :rotfl: I had to clear the cache so that I could get on the site. I have to do a little housework. Ice and elevate. Do a little more, then ice and elevate. It is so unnerving!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:cry: ODIC incident last night - I took my daughter last night to a Jazz Band performance at the airport for a group called Veterans Flight. This group takes WW II veterans to Washington DC so they can visit the memorial. My daughter's Jazz Band was asked to play at their return from DC. It was a wonderful performance and a wonderful thing that the school did allowing these kids play for these veterans. I was a chaperone for this event. The plane arrived an hour and a half late. I stood too long and walked around too long, but it was for a good cause and I am paying for it today. :cry:
 
A "Patriotic Ouchey"....... :thumb:

A wonderful cause......congrats to you!
 
You know, mama, it was worth every minute of having to deal with the ODIC to have my young one see and understand what it took for these men and women to do what they did and thank them for their service. :)
 
What a great honor for your daughter. A teaching moment is always worth a trip to the O.D.I.C club :angel:
Now, cut out the housework :no-fin: & ice & elevate...enjoy the rest of this wonderful Sunday !
Monday's come awfully early......take care,
Queen DDiana......owner of everything WALNUT related......have a :martini: on me
 
You ain't lying, Queen D'Diana...Owner of the WALNUT and Coconut gallery! You and BW are having way too much fun. :rotfl: I want some :martini: but I will have to drive to get some so that isn't going to happen. :hairpulling: I have PT tomorrow and I will get fussed at there too! :tantrum: I guess I will just have to get used to being fussed at!!! :gaah:

Party on you two!!! :yes!:
 
Yes, I have made an Executive decision! My ODIC card is always available for emoticons so charge them to my account! I am overdoing less and less these days so the card has lots of room on it! Now I am just out "testing" the limits of my knee and having a blast! :happydance:
 
You know, mama, it was worth every minute of having to deal with the ODIC to have my young one see and understand what it took for these men and women to do what they did and thank them for their service.

******Hadn't quite figured out how to quote on an IPad yet.****** but you're right! Definitely worth a swipe or three! Just recently I had a conversation about how Memorial Day has become "All about the BBQ" :skep: Um, what part of Memorial did we miss. :umm: I always cry my eyes on the 4th or anytime I hear the song, "I'm Proud To Be An American." I change the word proud to "thankful" since I didn't have anything to do with it, and as much as we complain... It could be a whole lot worse! :yes:

So GOOD FOR YOU DS for pulling off a SWP! Swiping With Purpose! :yes!:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom