Guest viewing is limited

TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Carol, I get the feeling you may choke at the finale, gotta have back up.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: Its a cruel, cruel world. After all the practice I've done. I can't begin to describe how sad I feel. I would rather die, DIE I say, than choke at the finale. Going to go to bed now, pull the blanket up over my head and cry myself to sleep :boohoo::cry::cry::cry::cry:

CC (Carol Child) that's sure to get the sympathy vote.
CP(Carol Parent) don't you think its a bit OTT?
CC Yes, but BW is a softie at heart, she'll be bending over backwards to make up to me. Just wait and see...
 
:umm: :scratch: :skep: :shrug: :umm: :spin: :beg: :bow: @patient, Carol I am thinking of ways to please you and regain your trust. I shall start with new knee in June's warriors, they are heading into your dream right now. Mmmhmm :sleep: When you awaken, you will have full use of daughter stalker's ODIC card because SHE BETTER NOT BE USING IT! :hissy: That's a start. I'm on the phone now with Whine11 brainstorming about what else I can do to appease you. :sos:

daughter stalker, How's that hip mama? No Merengue tonight okay Lala. :rotfl:
 
new knee in June's warriors, they are heading into your dream right now. Mmmhmm :sleep: When you awaken, you will have full use of daughter stalker's ODIC

Better than I thought. Why didn't I think of this earlier???????? Can't help but notice its NKJ warriors and DSs ODIC that you are offering. What prey are YOU offering Miss RaQia? How about you send me some of your VERY BEST funny stuff. Send it via Private Message, then I can put it out as my OWN stuff and get loads of laughs and applause.

OH THIS DAY JUST GOT SO MUCH BETTER.
 
Will do Carol. I'm preparing to head out now :happydance: but "I'll Be Back." Said in my best Arnold Schwarenegger voice.
 
The hip pain comes and goes. I put a heating pad on it and have rested today. I did do some shopping. May have been up on the leg a bit :shocked:but came home to rest, ice and elevate. So the ODIC card was in the purse dancing but I didn't let it out of the purse! :rotfl: I wouldn't do the Merengue. I would do a Hasapico! :yes!:
 
It really doesn't matter how good the surgeon is, (mine was comes highly recommended from a top of the line hospital)

I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone's surgeon not being top notch. I said that because he deals with athletes that are at a very high level of motivation and fitness and it may skew his opinion of how quickly us "regular folk" get back to our activities.

I apologize if it came across wrong.
 
JDonovan I don't think she took it that way. Bionic woman2 I am speaking for you here. :sos: I hope I am conveying what she actually meant. This is what I took from what she said...it really doesn't matter how good the surgeon is. When the surgeon assaults your bone the way they do to place the prosthesis your body will react to that assault. It doesn't matter if you have a 4 inch scar, 8 inch scar or a 12 inch scar. Some people have easy recoveries and others have difficult recoveries.

Have you watched a You Tube video of the surgery? Do you know what they do to your knee? It is an outright assault. If you don't need to know what the OS does to your knee with a TKR then please don't watch it. I watched it. I wanted to know exactly what my surgeon was going to do to me. My OS told me when he came to visit me after surgery that I had strong bones. I took it that he really had to work to fit that new joint on my bone.

It is our hope and wish that you have an awesome recovery and that it is exactly how your doctor described. If it is great then we want to hear about it. :SUNsmile: If it isn't then we are here to commiserate, listen, comment, try to help you through the difficult times, etc...:kittykiss:

Have an awesome evening! :flwrysmile:
 
Dear D.S,
Sorry it's so late ( just got out of work) Did you have a doctors app. Today ? How did it go ? I hope all is well :)
I hope your hip has been behaving....
Talk Soon,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
JDonovan, "What she said." :flwrysmile: Right now I'm having a great recovery with knee #2 and I keep forgetting ALL that was done to it and me in general. It's probably because my spirit is so high and I haven't watched the video yet. I'm waiting for my boys... we're gonna have popcorn. :rotfl:

Seriously, I was such a great recovery just 2 weeks out I was beginning to think I could be on "It's a Miracle" with Benny Hinn. Then I did one thing too many and my knee is now stiff and painful. :cry: Oops, I did it again for real! You wanna now what I did???? I was using my CPM machine while I had my laptop propped up in front of me as I posted on Bonesmart. That's the equivalent of "texting and driving." lol If that wasn't it enough, then stop the machine at some odd angle and continued to type like I had a book deadline or something. Then my girlfriend picked up and took me to run a couple of errands, the biggest of which was a trip to the grocery store. I rode in the Hoveround thing. I had a magnificent time, but the damage was already done before I left the house. I knew it, my leg felt different when I put on my jeans and by the time I got back home, I was in "rehab!" :sos:

THAT'S ALL, I held my leg in the wrong position too long, It doesn't take much in the beginning. :headbang: I bet I sat my multitasking behind down somewhere after that and sang, ICE ICE BABY! Oh, and I'll BE seated till my P/T get here tomorrow with her magic hands. :puppysmooze:

I think the fact that you have a renown OS is great. I do think that he may have a sports-timeline-healing-mindset, which will probably not be beneficial to your recovery, but who knows. All I know is my body NOT athletic, so I'm not about to race to recovery like the Giants need me on starting line-up next Sunday. lol Although it might help them. :rotfl: :cry:I'm a New Yorker... WHAT ARE WE DOING!? :gaah: Anyway, this is Roll Tide's thread, so I'll cry on mine. :boohoo:

JDonovan just like us, this recovery is trial and error. We never know what are knee is ready for until we try. We've just abused or ODIC card so much that we want to prevent anyone from going down the same path,:no-fin::no-fin: but it's your path to travel. We will be here with you every step of the way. :friends:
 
Good morning new knee in June!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. They gave me prednisone and a muscle relaxer. Within 20 minutes of taking the first two pills of prednisone the pain edge was taken off the hip. I had to take another one after lunch which helped me a little bit more then I took one after dinner and two at bedtime. I have the muscle relaxers for going to sleep. I barely feel pain in my hip right now. It is a beautiful thing. I will still do my stretches to help it ease out. Thank you for asking! I hope you are doing well.

Have an awesome day! :flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning D.S,
I am so happy your hip is feeling better :happydance: I am sure you are happy also :)
I hope work is going well.
Don't let B.W.2 know your feeling better, she will have you doing the "Can,Can in a chorus line :rotfl:
Take Care,
Diana.....June Sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Hello DS,
I am hoping you are getting a long weekend ( Monday off) so you can have a break from work :)
my hat is off to all the "Full Timers, who have to go back.
Bionic was kind enough to send me a few of her running " WARRIORS" :dancy: :dancy: I'm going to have a really
Good weekend :yes!:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Today is 16 weeks since coming to this side! WOW! How time flies! If you would have asked me before this TKR what I would be doing at this point I would have told you that I would be working out 5 days per week, losing weight and becoming fit again. BUT NOOOOO....that isn't happening. :no-fin: I've gained back the 10 lbs I lost before surgery and am daily working towards becoming more normal again. :yay: Slowly! :cry:Hold your tongue Bionic woman2! I wouldn't want you to ODIC your tongue, too. :rotfl: I'm just elevating and icing right now as I type.

I unfortunately am not off from work on Monday. :boohoo:It may be a federal holiday but not a Florida state holiday. Our schools are in also. :yay:I would hate for my kid to get off from school and me not to be able to take off, too. :heehee:

new knee in June thanks for checking in on me. I hope all is well with you. I will jump over to your thread in a few minutes.

Knee pain Yay! You are back online! BW and I missed you sooooooooo much! :cry:

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening! Morning for those overseas! :flwrysmile:
 
DS I hope your hip is still behaving and you get better every day.:)
Even though everyone on this site plus my os told me what I might expect I still had my own plan :hissy: and I'm quickly seeing my plan means nothing if thats not what the knee is going to do.
I hope you continue to heal and get to the gym and some relief from the unexpected obstacles.
 
Back
Top Bottom