TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Good morning new knee in June,

I am doing well this morning. :SUNsmile: 3 days in a row for decent sleep is a wonderful thing. I just hope it continues and isn't just a fluke. I hope you are doing well, also. I hope your son gets better soon. :)

I just made an admission to someone who is 2 months behind me in surgery not to be a member of the ODIC. and that I was an over achiever. :blush: I just hope that someone else doesn't follow in my footsteps. This TKR has kicked my butt. :yikes: I am going to try to keep things on the low down, but I can't promise anything. :headbang:

Have a wonderful Sunday! :flwrysmile:
 
Hey DS...
Glad you are getting sleep. I am getting better at sleeping the night through as well.

My doc told me that us (relatively) young 'uns can have a harder time and longer recovery because we may have been more active and fit prior to the surgery. Take that for what its worth, but I do see a bit of a trend to support that here.

All we can do is take it a day at a time, and enjoy the good days! They seem to be more often for me lately.

Bob
 
Thanks, Bob 50yrold! I appreciate your comments. I am glad to hear that you are having many good days. I am waiting for the day I can claim that. :) One step forward and two steps back. :doh:

I go back to the OS tomorrow morning at 8:15 am. We will have a prayer meeting about my hip and tingling toe at this time. :rotfl: I didn't sign up for the other leg/hip. :no-fin: Sounds like Roger also had something like I am having. I hope it is what Roger had and not something worse.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
 
Good night my friends! It is time for the daughter stalker to go to bed. Maybe I can make it 4 nights in a row of sleep! :sleep: We will see! :skep: OS visit tomorrow morning! :yay: I can't wait to have a good talk with him to see what is going on with my hip/leg. The hip hasn't been hurting like it was, but I still have that tingling feeling in my foot like the big and next toe are trying to wake from being asleep.

Have a wonderful evening and hope that whatever pain you have is minimal or non-existent.
 
OS visit uneventful. He thinks I am on schedule and doing well. I am ready to go home and cry but have to go to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Oh, D.S,
I'm sorry you are ready to cry :console2: Did you bring up your hip ? I was just telling someone on the forums
How I don't remember anyone saying anything about the muscles that ache while we are recovering. Weeks
Later. I think it's because we have been compensating for so long....limping, penguin walk, not walking straight.
I think I will see if there is anything in the bonesmart library.
I do hope you feel better, could you use a heating pad on your hip ?
Take care,
Diana....leader of the "June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
I did mention my hip problem to my OS and he made a statement that it is probably my back. I asked him if there was anything that could be done about it and he told me that if it persists that he could do an MRI, but that he didn't think it was anything. :what: Just blew me off! :hairpulling: This is why I wanted to cry.:boohoo: I haven't had any issues with him in the 15 some odd years I have been dealing with him. Maybe I am making too much of this. :shrug: My hip isn't hurting nearly as much as it did a week ago, but my foot still is tingling. If I wanted some pain pills he was more than happy to give them to me. :tantrum: Bionic woman2 did you want me to get a script for you? I could probably get him to write me anything. :snork:
 
Hi Diana,

I am using a heating pad on my hip. I just want feeling back in my foot. :hissy: The tingling is weirding me out! :yikes:
 
Hi D.S,
I am not a doctor, so take what I tell you with a grain of salt :heehee: my sons back problem left him with a numb
Foot. He felt better but still a numb foot :shrug: He hasn't had his M.R.I but everyone thinks Sciatic nerve.
You could ice your back or use a heating pad. I hope you feel better :yes:
I haven't heard from B.W 2 all day....I hope she's o.k.
Off to work, talk soon !!!!!!
Diana......"June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
BW is doing okay. She is just trying to get some rest. I heard from her earlier. She had another grandma got run over by a reindeer night last night. Had PT too. She should be on later.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you, Diana. I will try the ice instead of the heating pad.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi DS, just started reading your thread. I've only covered the first few pages, but clearly it hasn't been easy. Not that it ever can be I'm sure, but the lack of sleep and then having to go back to work Phew! I did send you a message asking about all your arthroscopies, but I guess you didn't get it - BS plays up sometimes.

Once I've caught up on the whole of your thread I'll have a better idea how you are currently, but in the meantime I just wanted to wish you well. Carol
 
Just zipping through to see if you updated your thread. :bicycle2: Sssh! don't tell daughter stalker... WAIT! :umm:You ARE Daughter Stalker! "Blame it on'the O O-O O O Oxycodone." :whistle: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

For your information:martini::martini::martini::martini::martini: I am ICING right now, so technically I have a little free time to do this. :skep: I'm jumping in the shower :eeeuw: as soon as I'm done and getting in the bed. :zzz:

Goodnight Lala :sleep:
 
Good morning DS, thank you for calling by my thread.
I am glad your OS is happy with the progress of your knee.
Sorry to hear he wasn't more helpful about your tingling toes.
Might be worth seeing a chiropractor. I see a very good one regularly and it has made a huge difference to my back and neck.
I would recommend him but its a bit far for you to travel.
Hope you are continuing to sleep better.
I have had a few nights of sleeping quite badly, must be my turn.
Have a good day,
Hugs Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi all! Yesterday I went to PT and I had the male PT this time. I really enjoy cutting up with him. After having the blah day I had in Monday and my hip hurting the PT had mercy on me and eased up on my exercises. He did some ultrasound on my knee and iced as usual. Then he placed some kinesio tape over my knee. I had seen this on television on athletes. I really didn't know how it works. Well it either works or it has worked psychologically. Wow this tape makes me feel better!!! Now if only he could tape my hip and make it feel better. I would have them tape me up like a mummy if it would help. This is what it looks like.
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?
. Ain't it purdy?

Have a wonderful night!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Toothfairy thanks for stopping by my thread. I am thinking about wrapping myself in kinesio tape. This stuff is awesome!!! If it makes my knee feel 75% better then it would make my hip better too. I just wonder if it is the same thing as when I was 5 years old. I had a boo boo and mom placed a band aid on it even though I didn't have a cut. I felt better because it was covered. . I have considered going to a chiropractor. I just don't know who to go to. I don't know anyone who goes to a chiropractor here. :(

Have a wonderful day!!!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
patient 99 to answer your question my arthroscopic incisions were about 1/2 inch long and my first OS placed 3 of these incisions. My current OS only used 2 incisions. One on each side of my knee. My current OS used the same incision site to do each of my arthroscopies.

Thank you, Carol, for visiting my thread. I hope you are doing well.

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi DS2, the kinesiology tape is interesting. What is the idea of using it? What does it do?
Glad it's helping anyway,
Have a great day,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom