Guest viewing is limited

TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Oh Maria, I have just been having a read of your threads, many things have been happening with you, ouch sore hip etc..... Tapping for your knee, let me know how it goes. so the tape helps your knee pain? or stiffness ? you have probably all ready said in threads and I have not read properly. :what: I have so much catching up to do.
 
Knee pain, it does and she's decided to wrap herself up like a mummy, but in flying colors! I'm thinking that she'll be able to do the Thriller segment in our Flash Mob dance in 2015! :rotfl::rotfl: OR, We can pull some of that tape loose and she can spin around dancing while we sing, BABY YOU'RE A FI-IIIIIIIREWORK! :loll:Make'em go OH Baby! lol :rofsign:We're so glad you're back Loli :happydance::yay::egypdance::martini::cheers2::beer: :cheers::yes!::friends::mcoffee: That last smiley guy is for my lack of sleep last night. :umm:

Yep! This is me today :mcoffee::yawn: :mcoffee::yawn::mcoffee::yawn::mcoffee::yawn:
 
You guys are killing me! :headbang: My surgeon swears up and down I will be back to work by the 2 week mark. Now granted, I do a radio show, I live 1.5 miles from my studios and I sit. I can also get away with a 4 hour day for a couple of weeks.

Should I suggest he step away from the crack pipe? :heehee:
 
************Daughter Stalker STOP READING, and GO put on your Depends first!**********

My surgeon swears up and down I will be back to work by the 2 week mark.
:rotfl::rotfl::loll::loll::rofsign: Um, :umm:Yeah! He needs to PUT THE PIPE DOWN! Tell him, he can go back to work in two weeks when he has his knee done and send his crackhead behind:gaah::gaah: to Bonesmart.org :hissy::hissy:

:umm: Well... maybe not now that I just went all Mel Gibson on him, :sorry: but you get my point. Shaking my head at clueless professionals....KNOW YOUR D@%@ BUSINESS! Mercy me! :blush: Where did that come from? :giggle:

Seriously, I'm 2 weeks out and although I'm having a good recovery so far, I can't imagine sitting for and extended period of time, not to mention the lightheaded-ness. I can barely stand friends to visit me for more than an hour, and I crawl back to my bed after they leave.


Oh and :skep:... What's that? Did somebody say Narcotics? :scratch: Won't you still be ON DRUGS!? :rofsign:That's gonna be some radio program, what station??? PLEASE let me know when you're gonna be on. :rotfl: I hope I can pick it down here:beg:, make sure you reference your OS on the air... I AM LITERALLY :loll: Oh, and plus you have to drive! Wow! 2 weeks huh? Read the back of a prescription bottle lately buddy! :skep: Yep, he is definitely on some good stuff though. JDonovan, TRY and get a prescription for THAT when you have your surgery. :rotfl:

Speaking of Meds, I haven't had mine yet. I better get up, grab something to eat and take them now. :mcoffee: Coffee would be good too!

Yep daughter stalker, party on your page!:yahoo:But this is definitely a Re-post Pink number.
 
:loll:Hilarious. Funny thing is, my nephew had some left over Oxy after having his appendicitis. He dropped his pills all over the floor and I was tempted to take one. He then told me you don't want any of these auntie, they will have you trippin' :umm:This was before knee surgery when I was in arthritic pain, so I considered taking a chance. lol Now That I have my won script and I've experienced the ups and downs of Oxycodone, I totally understand him. Ready to wean of of these babies and get my clear head back.
 
Hi Toothfairy!

This is from the Kinesio Tape website:
Created over 30 years ago by Dr. Kenzo Kase of Japan, Kinesio Tape was a revolutionary alternative to rigid medical tapes that restricted movement and compromised circulation. Although its use grew steadily, it wasn't widely accepted until the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, when it became an overnight sensation. Since then, use of the Kinesio Taping method has exploded, not only in athletics, but also in the medical field. Its ability to quickly relieve pain and inflammation have made it a favorite therapeutic modality for injuries, overuse syndromes, recovery from surgery and even the aches and pains of everyday living.

Light and elastic with the same thickness as human skin, Kinesio Tape integrates naturally with the body's neurosensory system, rapidly relieving pain and inflammation. Rather than being wrapped tightly around an injured area, the KinesioTaping method involves applying the tape around the borders or directly over injured muscles or joints. This allows it to provide support and therapeutic benefits without restricting range of motion - a critical factor for athletes needing to remain active as they recover from injuries. Unlike traditional athletic tape or sports tape which can only be worn for brief periods of time, KinesioTape applications are generally worn for 3-5 days. This allows the therapeutic benefits to continue, 24/7, the entire time it's worn.

KinesioTape is made of cotton and contains no latex or medications. It has a light, medical-grade adhesive made from 100% hypoallergenic acrylic. The adhesive is heat-activated – simply apply to the skin and rub briskly to activate. It is easily removed and leaves no sticky residue. Moisture dissipates quickly through the porous material of the tape, allowing it to withstand sweating, showering and even swimming without coming off or irritating skin.

Boy, this stuff really sticks! :shocked: I love this tape!!! :kittykiss:

Good night my friends! Good morning my friends overseas!
 
Bionic woman2 You had a party on my page without me??? :shrug: Waaaaahhhh!!! :boohoo: And I was at work, too!!! :heehee: I would have been offended if you brought RestAssured and me not be here! It was okay to party with Leonie. :happydance:I am happy she is back! Well, I am glad you ladies had a good time! :yes: Come back and party anytime, but make sure I am also here. I love a good party! :dancy:
 
BUT, since I will be recovering at my Brother's over Thanksgiving weekend, it will be nice to drown out the family drama with a pill or 2 :snork:

Welcome to my thread JDonovan! :yes: You won't be taking a pill or two. It will be a pill or two every 4 hours. :blush: I haven't gone to read when your surgery is going to be. Two weeks? Really? I was told 4 - 6 weeks and I wasn't ready to go back in 6 weeks but I went back anyway. :rotfl::rofsign::rotfl: Oh Bionic woman2, we have a miracle getting ready to blossom with JDonovan! :heehee: Two weeks? :thud:

I hope you recover quickly JDonovan. :kittykiss:

Take care all :flwrysmile:
 
This OS is one of the Jet's docs (of course the way they've been playing, I don't know if that is a good thing :groan:.....I think he probably said my return to work could happen that quickly because he knows I have a ride to work (always good to have one of the young one's on our top 40 station to pick you up) and that it will be good for my head to get back, especially since I can call it a day after 4 hours.

He also said he does some "quad sparing". He doesn't cut through the tendon but rather cuts small holes in it to get a good visual and it helps with the healing process.

He did my rotator cuff 3 years ago and he knows I was climbing the walls after a week. You can only tell the cats what the time and temperature is so many times before they haul you off to the funny farm!! :spin:

Hey, if I can't do it, I can't do it....I'd rather have a good knee
 
Hello D.S,
I just wanted to wish you a happy Friday :) I hope your hip is feeling better.
Have a relaxing weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile: stay out of the O.D.I.C :no-fin: El Presidente, we need to impeach you :rotfl:
 
JDonovan we are here for you when you get to the other side. Please don't think that the cats are the only ones you can converse with. Truthfully I actually like conversing with my cat. :kittykiss: Bionic woman2 don't EVEN think about commenting on that statement! :no-fin: I thought that I would go crazy staying home for 6 weeks, but after surgery I couldn't see going back quickly. Part of me was chomping at the bit to have my normal routine and part of me wanted to stay home longer to take care of myself. I compromised by going back to work 20 hours per week at 6 weeks. It was difficult. I was tired, but my psyche was better. I had and still have sleep issues. I sure hope you don't have problems with sleeping. It plays havoc with thinking at work.

I had minimally invasive surgery (MIS) which is the quad sparing surgery. I had open knee surgery 2 times and 6 arthroscopies. I thought I knew what I was getting into. STOP BIONIC WOMAN2! Don't go there! :heehee: There is quite a bit of work you will be doing at home if your OS has you doing what my OS had me doing. I know I was on the CPM for 6 hours per day for 2 weeks. Stretches, isometric exercises, stretches and more stretches. Home PT visits. Icing and elevating was also in the mix. After the first three weeks I went to outpatient physical therapy 3 times per week. Icing and elevating has been a constant ever since. I worked via e-mail and phone, but I didn't go into the office. I was even on a conference call 10 days after surgery. It is a good thing there was a mute for the phone for the conference call. :shocked:

Have you read the beginning of my thread? :what: I am an overachiever and have a hard time sitting still. :headbang: I am considered to be the president of the Over Do It Club (ODIC) by many on this site. :egypdance:

I wish you the best in your upcoming surgery. Please come back to visit if you like. You are more than welcome back. Maybe you can even get silly with us, too. It helps take our minds off our knees and gives us some comic relief.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June Happy Friday to you also! :SUNsmile: I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hip is the same. The pain comes and goes. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday morning to see about this silly hip. Thank you for asking. :)
 
Seeeeeeeeeeeee, I can be quiet. :whistle: I take that as you confession.

JDonovan, DS is right. I forgot to add the physical therapy into play in my argument for more time off work. That basically IS your job for at least a month! It really doesn't matter how good the surgeon is, (mine was comes highly recommended from a top of the line hospital) IT'S THE KNEE that's in charge when he's done. I've had two knees done by the same OS, with two different approaches to P/T and recovery (on my part.) The knee that had the P/T who followed the Bonesmart approach is already leaps and bounds further along in recovery than my first knee. Lady, take your time healing, and as my former African dance instructor would say, "Do what you can do."

Once you're healed, you can swipe that ODIC card, long and hard. We'll even put you down for 2 somersaults, a Handspring and a Jean Claude Van Damme split in our upcoming Flash Mob Dance. Sorry patient 99, Carol, I get the feeling you may choke at the finale, gotta have back up. :rofsign:
 
Back
Top Bottom