Guest viewing is limited

TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Have a great Roll Tide Day!!!!!
 
amab I hope you had a great Roll Tide day!!!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?



Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Another week bites the dust! :yay: Wow! It has been 14 weeks + 2 days on this side of TKR. I've been back to work for 8 weeks now. The first 6 weeks I only worked 20 hours per week. :) The last two weeks I have been working a full week. :yikes: Well the first week I did, but this week I only worked 4 days as I had a bad ODIC day Tuesday and couldn't make myself go to work on Wednesday. :cry: I miss my Wednesdays off! :boohoo:

Fifteen weeks ago I thought I would be leaping tall buildings with a single bounce. I'd be sweating in the gym working off the many pounds I have gained since sitting around the house these past few years. I thought that I would be doing some kind of running again since I had not seriously run since I was 16 years old. :skep: I know...I wouldn't have done any running, but it was a dream! :angel: Please let me dream. :beg:I would not have guessed that my knee would still be swollen some and I would still over do things and have a limp after over doing it. :sos:

I have become the ODIC President and wear that title well. :headbang: Where can I get a knee meter? :what: Anyone know where I can buy one? You know one of those detectors that lets you know when you are close to swiping you ODIC card? :doh: I think I got a defective model from the Knee Store. :yikes: The Knee Store is that store where you buy the walkers, potty raisers, shower chairs, crutches and stuff?:heehee:

I think I still need another month before I can truly tell people that I am happy that I had this TKR. Right now I am still wondering what I got myself into. :shrug: I know it takes time to heal. Patience is not one of my virtues, but I am trying extremely hard to handle this like a trouper.

I go back to the OS Monday morning. I can't wait to tell him about my left hip. :hissy: I think it is a conspiracy these doctors have to drum up more business. :rotfl: Put in a knee get a new hip patient. :heehee: I guess after 50 the body starts going down hill rather quickly. It wouldn't be so bad if the hip that was bothering me was on the same side of the TKR. I've turned into a Weeble. I wobble when I walk now. :rotfl: It doesn't feel good, but it looks quite funny. :rofsign:

I did learn one thing from being the ODIC President. I learned how to say NO! :no-fin: I was supposed to be a chaperone tonight for my daughter's middle school band at the high school football game. Yesterday since I had not fully recovered from Tuesday night at the school's Open House I decided to tell the sweet band director that I couldn't chaperone tonight. She understood, but I feel badly that I couldn't follow through with a promise I made to help. :tantrum: The knee is large and in charge! :gaah:

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Take Care! :flwrysmile:
 
Dear D.S,
This recovery sure does take a long time :hissy: I feel it is in your best interest that I take that O.D.I.C card
Away from you :angel:
Please don't argue, just hand it over :whistle: now,go ice & have a :martini:
I hope your hip starts to feel better, that has to make walking painful :tantrum:
Have a wonderful 2 days off,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
At least you have kept your sense of humor.
Do you think you went back to work too soon?
I had to chuckle reading your post. I was hoping my limp would be gone :cry:Actually was counting on it. I only hope I can laugh about it like you. I call it a penguin walk....weeble is good too.
 
new knee in June I will tuck my ODIC card in a safe place. :SUNsmile: Bionic woman2 and I have good hiding places. :no-fin:

I'm icing, I'm icing!!! Diana you must know my ODIC card well if you want to take it from me. :heehee: Just when you think everything is good that sneaky card jumps back into your purse like it belongs there. :shocked: The party ensues with the other cards in there then POW!!!:yikes: It jumps out and you start swiping with both sides of the card. First the right hand then the left! WOW! Then you are in pain for days wishing you had not ever seen an ODIC card. :headbang:

crystals5 I believe I may have gone back to work too soon, but I would do it again if I had to.:doh: My teacher aide was left to do my work and I could hear the stress in her voice every time I spoke to her after 3 weeks of her doing it alone. :hairpulling: I think 6 weeks was about as much as she could handle without me there. I needed her to help me the other 6 weeks that I was going to be there part time.:kittykiss: I did both jobs for 3 1/2 months before and it was quite difficult. :shocked: I would only wish something like that on my enemy. :bicycle2:

I believe I started back full time too early. :sos: I went back full time because I am a GED administrator and knew that last week we were scheduled to GED test. We tested 28 people and it is necessary to have one administrator per approximately 10 people. There were two examiners available to test and I would make three. I am sure they could have done without me, but things would have been quite difficult. Neither of the other examiners are from my facility. It makes things difficult to administer a GED when you don't know the inner workings of a facility especially with that many people testing. Sorry for the lengthy dissertation.

I only limp after I have an ODIC episode. The weeble syndrome has only come about in the last week and a half. I don't wobble all the time, just when the hip acts up. I had been walking quite well from week 4 on unless I over did it. Remember JUST DON'T DO IT! :yikes: ODIC is not worth the pain it inflicts. :no-fin: I am a hard head and feel that I am invincible. :headbang: Wow am I wrong! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am singing as BW does ICE ICE BABY! Have an awesome weekend!
 
Maria,
Give yourself some credit. You've done great, and in my opinion you've done the best you could in balancing between work, other activities and the rest/ice/elevate routine.
I'm in almost the same boat. I went back to work at 8 weeks, and started business travel at about 12 weeks. I still have a little swelling in the quads and below the kneecap. And I show a little limp after walking the entire length of SJC airport terminal B !
I too thought that everything would be back to normal at 4 months! I have learned otherwise! But I think it's normal that it takes more time, especially for us over-achievers. Life goes on...
I hope you get your hip problem solved. I also have a little pain in right hip (and butt. Yes a real pain in the butt :)). I thought it was sciatica, but my GP says it's a strained piriformis muscle. He recommended NSAIDs, stretches and prescribed some anesthetic patches. I'm pretty sure that it is due to all the walking I've been doing, so I am trying to take it easy as much as possible. Next week I don't have any business travel, so it'll be a good time to rest. I'm also considering going to a biweekly schedule for business travel to our So Calif office. I think they'll be OK with that.
I'm willing to bet that your OS discharges you for 1 year at your next visit.
Take care,
Roger
 
Thanks Roger! I think my hip pain is the same thing you had. I appreciate your encouragement. I am just tired of hurting and am ready to get on with life. Overachiever's Anonymous (aka ODIC) is not a good club to be in with a TKR. It is a beautiful day here and I am going to try to enjoy it. I did finally find sleep two nights in a row. That is an accomplishment for me. Have a wonderful weekend!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Excellent news about two nights sleep Maria, I hope you can make it three.
Have a great weekend, hugs, Toothfairy x :sleep:
 
Go "BAMA" :yahoo: Go...Crimson Tide.... :yes!:
Beat "ole" Miss.
Could I have some "information" :martini: with my whine :rotfl:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hello D.S.,
I see you told B.W 2 your game was on at 7:30. In Massachusetts it's on at 6:30. Do you want to know
Who wins before you see it ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :loll: :loll: :rofsign:
Sometimes I crack myself up!!!!!!!!
 
I'm on some information. LOL. It started at 6:30 pm.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Maria,
Glad to hear you got sleep for 2 nights! That's great, and I hope it continues. It was a beautiful day here today, also, 85 degrees and clear as a bell. I went swimming and did a little hydrotherapy on my knee, which felt very good. It does a good job of relieving the stiffness.
I know what you mean about getting on with life. I'm looking forward to the cruise vacation my wife & I are taking in early Nov. That will be the 6 month mark for me. I'm hoping that I don't even notice the new knee then! And, if not, well then I'm going to totally ignore it!!

Roger
 
Thanks Roger and Toothfairy. I am hoping for more nights of sleep like I've had the last couple of nights.

Roger, I know you are looking forward to your cruise. I know it will be wonderful.

Good night! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@patient99 to answer your question my arthroscopic incisions were about 1/2 inch long and my first OS placed 3 of these incisions. My current OS only used 2 incisions. One on each side of my knee. My current OS used the same incision site to do each of my arthroscopies.

I hope you are doing well. Have a wonderful day.


Sent from my presidential platinum ODIC iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Good Morning D.S,
How are you this fine Morning ? Good I hope :) That's so great your sleeping has improved :sleep:.
I can' t imaging not sleeping & working full-time. I work p.t & find it tiring, I also work nights so can nap
During the day. Thank you for asking about my son...He missed a week off work, but is back now.
M.R.I is Oct.8. Very scary when a young person can't walk & is in so much pain :beg: I wonder how he will feel in his 40's
We think it's from high school football :hissy:
I hope you have a peaceful,relaxing Sunday !!
Diana...."June Sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom