TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

Oh no!!!! Don't even let me know this. I will have to be totally knocked out to sleep on my back:sick: I have followed your thread and am really inspired at your humor and the fact that you have returned to work so soon. I only hope I can also. October is almost here and you will not have to sleep on your back any longer.
 
crystals5 you will need to sleep on your back for a little while. I did get
To sleep on my side but for some reason recently I can not do it. :( It doesn't mean that you will have the same issues as me. Everyone is different.

Get some rest and don't worry about sleep right now.

Take care!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry mama. Totally understand. I am fed up with my knee too! Seems you can't do anything normal without it acting up. I think we've been "Hoodwinked" into thinking 3 months was the magic number. Well somebody LIED! :gaah:I WANT TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT ADDRESSED TO "THE HEALING TIMELINE THEY PEOPLE." I KNOW MY RIGHTS! :hissy: THEY WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS! :no-fin:

HERE... Have some CHEESE with me to go along with our WHINE. While we wait for a response. :rotfl:
[Bonesmart.org] May I have some cheese with that whine?

Hope you're getting a good night's sleep. I'm going to get some now. :yawn:
 
Good morning Maria,
Unfortunately your knee will follow its own path and its own timeline. :gaah:
You are working and doing a lot of chores etc and that will make your knee sore and stiff.
In an ideal world you would spend more time resting and icing but I understand that is probably not possible.
It might be better to take the tablets and get some sleep with their help until the magic time when you can sleep without them.
This recovery is a marathon, three months is only a quarter of that first year. Try to rest as much as you can and leave non essential jobs.
Lecture over!
Don't fight it or get fed up, just give in and take pain relief for as long as you need it. You will get there. :SUNsmile:
Hugs Toothfairy x :kittykiss: :spin:
 
Bionic woman2 I have had so much cheese with my whine that I am beginning to clog up, if you know what I mean! :rotfl:

I didn't know that I could register a complaint. :shrug: Why wasn't I informed??? :what: Did I miss it in the fine print? :headbang: Where do I sign up? :heehee:

Toothfairy thank you for stopping by my thread and leaving insight into my situation. I wish I could take it easy and do less, but I have a husband with no understanding and a 13 year old girl who believes that the world revolves around her. I hope you are doing well and are not in much pain.

Have a wonderful day and those of you overseas have a wonderful evening!

Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning d.s,
Sorry about the sleep issue :hairpulling: not good when you are working full- time. I know you have tried Tylenol p.m
( but took it a bit late ) I sometimes sleep with my ice machine on, it keeps my knee nice & wrapped up.
If you are off pain meds, maybe you could try something like NyQuil. They have a new product just for sleep. :sleep:
Maybe you could cut down on p.t & only go 2 times a week ?
Go back to the mantras & read the one that says, I will not die, if it doesn't get done.
Have your daughter clean her own room & help mom out whenever she can :thud: I know easier said than done :heehee:
May your first week back to work be smooth & pain free,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile:
 
Good idea new knee in June. Tylenol PM use to be my BFF.

Oh! DS, I forgot to tell you I use to take Melatonin for sleep before I became a drug addict. :rolleyes: I used it a couple of times Post-op once I came of Oxy and it worked for me. :sleep: You can get at the drug store... not the Crack-house, like a Walgreens or CVS. :rotfl:
 
Did melatonin already. It helps me fall asleep but not stay asleep. :(. Thanks Diana. I don't like sleeping with cryo cuff. My legs get tangled in the tube and I wake. I wish there was something cold that I can use that doesn't have a hose. I guess it is drugs for now until I have less stiffness love y'all.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Just envisioned you being all twisted up in your Cryo cuff fight for your life. :rotfl: Too many Anaconda movies for me. lol
Yeah, Melatonin puts me out for a few, but when I wake up I can go back to sleep. That was BEFORE surgery though.
 
Anaconda movies??? You are a scream, sweetie! :rotfl: It is a real problem for me. I sleep on the left side of the bed and my right knee is on the inside, so the hose/tube has to cross my left leg. AAARRRRGGGGFFF!!! :hairpulling:
 
Hello d.s,
I notice all your posts are in the wee hours of the night :shocked: maybe this could work out to my advantage
I need someone to watch over my party over night :mcoffee: since you are up any way, could you please
1,keep the warriors, cowboys & cabana boys occupied :yahoo:
2, make a clean sweep after the festivities, under tables, in closets, ( Alison, especially) :shrug:
3, stock the bar for the next day, stock body oils, make sure massage tables are wiped down :beer:
That's it...you will be paid in walnuts, once a week :happydance: they can be turned in for favors from the
" warriors" ( which they will crack between their mighty thighs) :yahoo:
This is a very special honor I am bestowing on you, don't mess up :no-fin: I'm counting on you !!!!!
Thanks your'e a sweet heart,
Diana....queen of the " June sunbeams" :SUNsmile:
 
Hi DS. Lovely new avatar you have. Tell your daughter that I am sorry, but the world doesn't revolve around her, it revolves around MY teenage daughter, or so she thinks.

I wish I could share my sleep with you. It has been lovely, and a LOOONG time coming--like since March. I have a friend who does all sorts of homeopathic things and she gave me coffea cruda and velarian. I like the coffea cruda for when I wake i the middle of the night. 5 tiny pellets under my tongue and I am back asleep. Of course, I don't know if it's the 12 hour days that make me sleep or those, but it is blissful. I also have a friend who swears by lavendar and has it in her room, a sachet under her pillow, and sprays her bedding with it. It would make me gag as I don't do well with scents ( and I have no sence, either as my frequent trips to the ODIC will prove).

Anyway, good luck. Hope you find relief.
PJ
 
Dear d.s,
Could you explain your new avatar, it is scary :yikes: is that an eye ball in a flower ?
Thanks,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
new knee in June it's her ROLL TIDE Flower. Sad but true. :rotfl: Ready Do you mind if DS comes over to my house to help w/my party after she's done with yours? I'm bound to have a BIG BASH momentarily. :groan:

Lala, I hope you get some sleep tonight. I'd give you some of mine but they keep interrupting it in the hospital. :gaah:

Bout to get back n the CPM machine.

Post to ya later :friends:
 
new knee in June are you making fun of my eyeball flower? :cry: Truthfully, it is a flower picture that a friend sent to me because she knows I love the Roll Tide! She is a yucky Gator fan, but I guess she is ok if she remembers me enough to send me this beautiful flower picture.

Thanks everyone about the sleep wishes! I had a 9 hour work day yesterday and a huge log for a leg. I decided that I needed to take an opiate so that I could sleep, but NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That wasn't going to happen. :hairpulling: How many people do you know that Norco keeps awake? :what: Well I am one of them! :sos:

Seems that Diana wants me to keep the party going all through the night. :happydance: Hmmmmm.....If I am up tonight I will earn my keep. :bow: I had another 9 hour work day today. I am totally ignoring the knee. :umm: My opposite hip is now acting up. I DON'T HAVE HIP PROBLEMS!!!:shocked:I have a pain at the hip and tingling numbness going down my good leg into my foot. Darn! :tantrum: I can't even get a pain in the rump right with out missing the target. :rotfl:

new knee in June I just got what you are asking me to do, Diana. I will keep all the guys busy all night long! :loll:They may be worn out by the time you guys wake. :rotfl: We will test the massage tables, look for BW's dust rabbits, dust everything with my orange tabby cat Mango. What else did you say I needed to do??? :rofsign:

Bionic woman2 sorry to hear they keep waking you. That's not really nice! :hissy: Sounds like they really are having a problem if they can't remember what your name is. :heehee:

Ready (PJ) my daughter woud beg to differ about the world revolving around your daughter. She knows it revolves around her and she tries to wear it out! My daughter is an only child. Need I say more??? Oh wait I forgot...she has a dad. I have two children. :heehee:

Thanks bunches!:friends:

Maria....the president of the ODIC! :headbang:
 
Yeah you have 2 kids. Lol :yes:

Sounds like you're having a rough time with the sleep, knee AND HIPS :yikes: Sorry Lala :console2:
Can you say: :whistle: "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Knees and Toes." :rotfl:

DON'T MAKE ME ROLL MY HOSPITAL BED ONTO THE HWY, and COME ALL THE WAY DOWN THERE TO SEE ABOUT MY BUDDY! :friends:
 
Maria,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues! I sympathize with you completely about log leg!:flwrysmile:I have had quite a few days of that brand of work-induced ODIC since going back to work on August 9. Is it almost Christmas yet? :sos: Just remember the advice you gave to everyone else! You recuperate at your own rate and things will get better, just not at the pace you want!

Probably that extra work day is throwing you off, too, both mentally and physically! Calgon, take me away!

Oh, let your daughter know that the world definitely revolves around the 105 teenagers I teach!:groan:

Tonight, instead of log leg, I hope you sleep like a log!:sleep: Have sweet dreams!
Becca
 
Maria,
Sorry to hear you are having sleep issues and have to go back on the opioids :sad:
I hate to say it, but I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I never had many sleep problems during recovery. Maybe it's because I'm a deep sleeper, and it takes a 5.5 magnitude quake to wake me!
Anyway, I empathize with you and hope that you can get some sleep.

Take care,
Roger
 
Back
Top Bottom