March Musketeers 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
walkagainV..... you will never be alone whilst on BoneSmart, we are an international family... I am in Australia and we love supporting each other..

My Father came from Newport in Wales, so I am 50% Welsh!
 
Newport was about 30 minutes from where I lived! My sister in law was from Newport.

Thank you for all the support and information you give everyone! I'm so glad I found you!

V
 
I have brought the list forward..

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers :)

Feel free to post in this thread and I will add you to my list, however please start up a thread of your own in the Pre Op Hip Section and share with us your journey towards a hip replacement :)

1 Mar 13 bellaroma and smrt2run
4 mar 13 shoesister and ByGosh
5 Mar 13 jojouk1983 and octopus
6 Mar 13 ukisgr8
7 Mar 13 mrpounds
11 Mar 13 Duffer71
12 Mar 13 walkagainV
16 Mar 13 Littlejem
18 Mar 13 Kim22 Xanthe and liberatedhip
19 Mar 13 Teacat
21 Mar 13 Kazoo
25 Mar 13 susanlanc stevethedreamanniemg and rockymountainjayne
26 Mar 13
28 Mar 13 Helen44 and BionicWoman2
 
Welcome to our March Musketeers :)

I will maintain this list so that our soon to be hippies can see who their surgical buddies are going to be.

Feel free to post in this thread and I will add you to my list.

1 Mar 13 bellaroma
4 Mar 13 shoesister
25 Mar 13 anniemg
 
Welcome anniemg... I have added you to the March Musketeers list, you have two surgical buddies :)
 
Wow, The list is already full!

When is clifford149 date as he was supposed to be before me in Feb, like octopus?
 
Welcome to our latest March Musketeers :)

Feel free to post in this thread and I will add you to my list, however please start up a thread of your own in the Pre Op Hip Section and share with us your journey towards a hip replacement :)

1 Mar 13 bellaroma and smrt2run
4 mar 13 shoesister and ByGosh
5 Mar 13 jojouk1983 and octopus
6 Mar 13 ukisgr8
7 Mar 13 mrpounds
11 Mar 13 Duffer71
12 Mar 13 walkagainV
18 Mar 13 Kim22 and Xanthe
19 Mar Teacat
21 Mar 13 Kazoo
25 Mar 13 susanlanc and stevethedream
26 Mar 13
28 Mar 13 Helen44 and Bionic woman

Hi - it is actually BionicWoman2 who is March 28th :)
 
February 19th has now passed by and I am now scheduled for LTHR on March 28th. I have done a lot of reading on this site and found a tonne of great information in preparation for this major surgery that is anticipated to improve my quality of life. Yet, I am now feeling nervous and anxious about having my hip replaced, and generally about the recovery time in general. I haven't been very active the past couple of years and know it is going to take a lot of strength in body and mind to recover and feel back to normal. Anyways, I'm sure my feelings are normal - I was supposed to be on recovery day 3 now, so feeling a bit down that I am still waiting to get going. I live in London Ontario - and will be having my surgery at University Hospital. They have a wonderful video about "going home" - that would be helpful to anyone about to have a hip replacement - as well as for those that are in the early stages of recovery. Enjoy!!

https://www.lhsc.on.ca/Patients_Families_Visitors/Joint_Replacement_Surgery/GoingHome.htm
 
Hi BionicWoman2 thanks, however, I believe I have the correct name in the list above, post #64 :) good luck :)
 
Thanks Bionicwoman,
The video was very useful. I know exactly how you feel as my date is getting closer ( 3 weeks to go) and I am getting anxious about it and not sleeping well either. I am trying to keep positive and longing for the part of the recovery when I am pain free and able to wak again. I have been so inactive for almost 2and a half years and sometimes I can't even imagine things being any different I think the failed arthroscopy is adding to these anxieties but we have to hold on to the fact that hip replacement is the most successful operation ever in the history of surgery and how fortunate this is for us Regards Kim
 
Kim22
BionicWoman2

Ladies, i can understand you so well in my heart. İ was full of anxiety for weeks and weeks, with disturbed sleeping.
İt is quiet normal, but rest assured you will feel so relaxed once you are through with the operation and free of artritis pain.
İ am now post op on he 5th day. Besides the post op blues from time to time, my mood is pretty good.
You will feel good very soon. Trust me.
Selin
 
I have brought the list forward..

Welcome to our latest and all March Musketeers :)

Feel free to post in this thread and I will add you to my list, however please start up a thread of your own in the Pre Op Hip Section and share with us your journey towards a hip replacement :)

1 Mar 13 bellaroma and smrt2run
4 mar 13 shoesister and ByGosh
5 Mar 13 jojouk1983 and octopus
6 Mar 13 ukisgr8
7 Mar 13 mrpounds
11 Mar 13 Duffer71
12 Mar 13 walkagainV
18 Mar 13 Kim22 and Xanthe
19 Mar 13 Teacat
21 Mar 13 Kazoo
25 Mar 13 susanlanc and stevethedream and anniemg
26 Mar 13
28 Mar 13 Helen44 and BionicWoman2

Hi there - seems that the link to BionicWoman2 - goes back to the first BionicWoman who first logged on in 2005. Not the same profile. Not that it really matters - just letting you know as I clicked on it.
 
Kim22
BionicWoman2

Ladies, i can understand you so well in my heart. İ was full of anxiety for weeks and weeks, with disturbed sleeping.
İt is quiet normal, but rest assured you will feel so relaxed once you are through with the operation and free of artritis pain.
İ am now post op on he 5th day. Besides the post op blues from time to time, my mood is pretty good.
You will feel good very soon. Trust me.
Selin

Hi Selin - glad to hear you are doing well. I wonder if there is such a thing as pre-op blues :boohoo: - if so, I've got them. I really hope to get back to work to make me feel useful - cause right now I am in limbo - waiting. My right hip has begun hurting in a similar way to the left does, but I know from the xrays - that it isn't as severe and hasn't really caused me any problems over the years - until now. It may be due to the added strain. On the brighter side, the pain on my left side is there but not as bad as it has been the past month. Maybe my meds are starting to help. There have even been moments when I have thought of cancelling surgery - but then I do a bit of walking and realize that this is my only hope for a life. Take care. Tracey
 
BionicWoman2
Hi Tracey,
The severity of pre op anxiety was probably 10 times more than the post op blues. Post op blues, is a temporary situation and may be related to the narcotic analgezics that we get after the operation.
İ dont know what works for you but try to find things that relax you. Yoga? For me indoor swimming (soft) was a good option as it relaxed not only my hips but all my muscles. You may also consider jakuzii. The other thing which worked for me was the classical swedish body massage.
You can always cancel your operation but dont really think about this option. 28th of march will soon be there and you will feel free and light like a bird, starting on the day of your operation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom