March Musketeers 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim22 I will be thinking of you and wishing you a good surgery and the best recovery!

Valarie
Kim22. Hi I could not for the life of me get back on the forum using my old user name.certain it is something I was doing wrong. So re registered as Yaker not Overly Hackled. I did not want to loose touch with you. How are you doing.?
 
Yaken Great to hear from you again I hope you are doing well.Well it has been 3 weeks now since the surgery and I would say that the past 3 weeks have been tougher both physically and emotionally than I anticipated A real roller coaster ride with a few highs and a lot of lows The week gone started well with me feeling good with less pain in the hip so what did I do ? Too much is the answer by walking too far and too fast and boy did my muscles object This cost me about 3 days of having to scale my activity back and to rest, elevate and ice more than I wanted to and with that came the self pity party with me convincing myselfI would never get better.I now appreciate the part of the mantra SLOW and STEADY
The good news is that today I feel much better and more positive. The pain is well controlled and I usually sleep well at night Of course I still need the strong painkillers and an afternoon nap and although I am doing a few more household tasks it doesn't amount to much. I am going on short walks using 2 sticks and I am back up to 8 reps of the exercises I only need 1 stick indoors The wound is healing well.Looking forward to your update. Regards Kim
 
Yaken I hope you are doing well and feeling better. I have had a much better week with less pain ( still on the strong pain meds), moving better and increasing my walking without consequences. I keep forgetting to use my walking stick or cane as you call them in the US and get told off from my husband.The exercises are still hard but I would say they are getting a little easier to do What exercises are you doing there is such a lot of different PT advice given to us Bomesmarties I still have a long way to go but feel I can see a chink of light at the end of a long tunnel. I hope to hear from you soon Regards Kim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom