Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Mar2016 - Right Knee Objecting Now<

Hey Joe! (channeling Hendrix - I was just in Seattle) Conas atá tú?

Thanks for rating my BHR post. I've enjoyed reading your various posts on the forum. You complain about losing empathy - wow. I'm sure no one here would believe that.
I've never been to the emerald isle but when I was a young student in England I spent a long vacation helping to build the M4 motorway with lots of Irish buddies. Really enjoyed the craic - you sons of the owld sod are definitely naturally gifted raconteurs. I need to add Dublin to my travel list.

Well - Go n-éiri an bóthar leat

cheers Buster (& please forgive the mangled Irish)
 
Ta me go maith.
Your Irish Is Impeccable.
and your recovery more so.
Keep up the good work.
Joe.....
 
Happy Birthday to Me.... And My wife actually......(same day).
In an earlier lengthy post I hinted at some life changes I was making though I wasn't sure whether to air them here.
Thanks again @Mojo333 and balddiva for prompting another less meandering post.
I'm a self employed shopkeeper and café owner. Anyone who knows these businesses will attest to the long hours running around dealing with stuff all day long. During my slow recovery and whilst in a period of very low feelings I considered whether this was the way I wanted to go for the next 20 or so years.
With help from friends, family and a couple of very special Bonesmart people I decided to get better physically and psychologically before making a decision.
As my earlier post attests I am better now and what I have finally decided is a lot of the stuff that bothered me is in the big picture not really important. I am healthy enough now to do my 50/60 hrs a week but I realise that at some point I need to ease up.
So From July 1st Shop Rented......Café Rented...... and I'm helping a Business Partner and good friend in an expanding venture. Less hours doing what I have to do and more doing what I want to do.
I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
But it beats Pain and Anxiety any day.
Before I forget.
Happy Birthday to Me....And My Wife Actually......(same day)
Joe.......
 
Happy Birthday Joe, and to your wife too!
Good luck with your new venture. If the worst came to the worst, you could always go back to your previous occupation so take this opportunity and enjoy ! I have found this recovery period a time for reflection on a number of counts. I think you were right to defer your decision until now. In lots of ways, life was put on hold for many of us in the lead up to the op, and recovering from it presents us with a chance to live a richer life, whatever form that takes.
Hope it all goes well and that you enjoy every minute of your new adventure,
Best wishes,
Diane
 
Aha! I knew when you said you liked the term 'third act' you were brewing a life change! Excellent news. And happy birthday to you and your wife! It was my youngest child's birthday yesterday- he turned 45. Gah! Cause for reflection.

Truly though, when we go through these big deals like letting strangers enter our bodies with hammers and saws, it would be mad not to consider what is important in our precious human lives.

Have a cheerful day you two, with plenty of cake and line-dancing. (See my response to your comment on my thread)

Jan
 
Happy happy birthday, Joe, to you and your wife. My better half always says you should never be too busy making a living that you forget to live! Like most, we have to provide for our own financial security, but I've figured out to make do with less sweet I opted to work for a charitable institution for a penance, but the rewards have been with the penny pinching. Have a great day, and thanks for staying involved with bonesmart so you can school newbies like me!
 
*rewards have been WORTH the penny pinching.....yea u know
 
Happy Birthday, Irish Joe and Mrs. Irish Joe!!!!!

I wish you all the best with your life changes. You are an inspiration to others on this board and I know you must be in your every day life, as well.
 
Happy birthday Joe and Mrs Joe!! Hope you're having a fab day. Glad you have got some exciting changes coming up - I plan to do the same. It's amazing what sitting around for several weeks does!! Exciting times and good luck with the new venture!!
Sam xxx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great news @Irish Joe ! Happy b-day to you both, enjoy the day :SUNsmile:

---------------------------------

In lots of ways, life was put on hold for many of us in the lead up to the op, and recovering from it presents us with a chance to live a richer life, whatever form that takes.

That sums it up perfectly, sometimes felt like Rip Van Winkle after a very long sleep! Losing mobility can mess around with your confidence, make mountains out mole hills affecting your ability to differentiate between the two. In the run up, life centers around what you cannot do and shifts back to what you *can* do post op. Doors will open and perspective will drastically change when you're feeling good again, the difference is day and night!

To those dealing with long term pre op pain (mos or years) either in the midst of getting one or are between two thr's, it def gets better! The pain and any despair you feel is normal -it's also temporary. Keep your eye on the prize :)
 
Last edited:
[emoji23][emoji23] hilarious!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Birthday Joe!!
Enjoy your day & hope you have a great day with your family. No, you cant top that!!! Btw, have the same thoughts as you returning to my day job of 25 years & I'm only 6 days past surgery lol. Take much care Joe & Cheers!!
 
Sounds like you had a great day, Joe, Happy Birthday, and may next year be your best yet! :SUNsmile:
 
@Irish Joe, I'm glad to see you are now a Forum Advisor! It couldn't have happened to a better guy. You are so kind and informative and welcoming - a very winning combination!
 
Why thank you good and kind lady @Krista.
I hope those Glutes continue to improve and I look forward to another "Lady in the Lake" pic.
Keep well.
Joe.....
 
You do make me smile, my friend! All plans are still go for the 12 days on the wilderness island, and reservations made for places to stay before and after. I definitely WILL get more photos of me playing in Lake Michigan, and will post on my thread. Now all I have to do is get all of the gear and food together, and then WAIT until mid-August, the hard part! I have chronic pain and stiffness and some muscle weakness, but at least I have no bone-on-bone OA or torn tendons, so I will keep moving forward. :swim::SUNsmile:
 
Good news Krista.
We need to realise that better sometimes doesn't mean 100%. I'm 80/90% and that's so much more than before. Have a great time in August you are due the payback.
Keep well.
Joe.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Joe - how are you doing? Hope you are enjoying your new life with more of what you like and less of the other! Just taking a cruise through.
 
@labanan.
The third act begins on Monday.
I step away from the Business that I have run for 30 Years to do something less taxing (on the body) hopefully.
With all God's speed my self and wife (who also needs to ease up a bit) can do more of what we like and less of the other.
Your posts are inspirational to many. Well done you.
To anyone who's Hips or Knees for that matter are affecting there lives physically or emotionally at the moment It really boils down to one thing.
Replacement changes everything.
Enjoy the 'dancing' labanan.
Joe........
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom