Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

@MamaT I teared up with your post about doing this without your hubby. Life is difficult sometimes and would be so much easier with a “how to manual” but you are SO RIGHT- we must move forward and strive for a positive attitude. At times we have to search for the positive, but negativity only grows negativity.
For example: I am not chubby. I am rubenesque. In the Renaissance I would have been sought after to be painted. :hehe.
You are a marvelous example for us here to think positively.
 
Haha, like you wouldn't have noticed your thigh is twice its usual size...thank you Captain Obvious lol. I had a little bit of overall leg swelling but the worst was a spot at one end of my incision. Hubby said it looked like a tennis ball tucked in my pants. It was also really bruised, so I thought it looked more like a plum myself.

My incision site was so swollen you could see it also.
 
Happy Valentine's Day @MammaT I'm so happy to hear that you are having a totally boring recovery. I'm just catching up with all of the posts after getting back from a five day visit with my son and his family. My two grandchildren, ages 4 and 2 were so much fun and a must needed boost right now. I'm almost a month away from my surgery day and have been having a lot of doubts about having surgery. My hip is behaving like that old clunker of a car that suddenly starts driving great after you decide to trade it in. I have to keep going back and re-reading my original post on the forum to stay focused and on track. Your input has been a great help to me, both pre-surgically and now during your post surgical recovery process. I know it isn't easy, but you have a wonderful attitude. I hope you know how helpful you are to those of us on the sidelines. Take care and have a wonderfully boring day! Oh, except for that big question that's getting popped tonight, I hope you're all celebrating later. Just think of all the dancing you'll be able to do at the wedding.
Oops, sorry @MammaT just realized I mixed up posts, hope the proposal went well @Mojo333 !
 
Last edited:
I agree with you @Walkinginthesand in the sand, never been a problem with my figure, just the century in which I was born. Of course, if I was born back then, my figure might have been more popular, but what about my hips?:what:

@MammaT we are SO RAVISHINGLY BEAUTIFUL they would have overlooked our obvious limp and waddle.
 
Thanks for dropping by @AJinNH. Wasn’t being with the grandkids energizing!

I understand your back and forth feelings about surgery. The more I read on here, the people who had a second seem to be in consensus that waiting until misery is not needed. Jaycey’s recovery really struck home with me. If we can do that with the second, why not with the first if the oa is advanced enough. While pain was still tolerable with number 2, there was no cartyto be found. It was a time bomb. I think the medical profession is changing its thinking. It is a major surgery, but really getting people back to functioning saves in so many areas.

The last two weeks my hip acted up more everyday. I lived in fear of collapse. Luckily, it didn’t get to that point, but it was on its way. Just remember, that clunker may behave for awhile,but it’s still going to go.

@Walkinginthesand, they may have overlooked the limp and the waddle, but we wouldn’t have been in shape to take advantage of it. :eyebrows:
 
:mooncat:It's just another one of life's unexpected surprises going to round two. My surgeon who had done my first hip had also predicted I would need the other hip done in 10 years or so. I thought well does he have a crystal ball? 10 years later as predicted the opossite hip failed.:shrug: That was scary and never imagined that the prices would double during that time! :sigh:

Best of luck to you on your current recovery your doing fantastic. :wow:
Keep us posted on the next.
 
You are so right @MammaT my hip isn't going to get any better. It is bone on bone. I even think that I heard it scraping around a bit last week. I guess I'll count my blessings that the pain is minimal when it's there. I have joint replacement class tomorrow night so I've been busy with my questions. So far on number 20...
 
Ask as many questions as you need to. Knowledge helps us cope. And you may add to the list as the class goes on!
 
Almost the end of day 10 post op. Did not hear from osoffice until 5:05 pm that my pain meds are being refilled. That’s good news. Bad news I got stingy with the few I had left and discover why I still need them. Don’t think pain is too far ahead of me, but further than I would like.

Except for that, pleased with progress. Getting more stable with cane. Swelling going down a little, but nurse today did say swelling still significant. Asked if I was icing for 20 on 20 off, I just said yes. Other than that bp etc all good.

Am doing some of pt exercises. I do not like straight leg lifts so will most likely just do them when therapist is here. As time goes on I will see if they stop hurting. Most of other isometrics/stretches feel good. Energy level slowly increasing.

Of course I would love it if I needed nothing for pain, was walking without assistance and had a normally shaped and colored thigh. However, that is not meant to be today. But I do know it will happen. Just have to let my body heal at its own pace.

So on the whole, pretty pleased with progress. Company pretty much from 1:30 on. Sister in law did load of laundry and took out trash. Friend brought great dinner (fresh hummus and stouts sandwich and fruit salad. To balance that out she added gourmet gummy worms, Doritos, and ice cream. Outing in the morning to deal with script before pt arrives at 11.
 
Because I’m old and have raised my kids but not forgotten!
 
I used to wonder when I was going to be hotlined if my son told how I locked him in - but only with me standing outside the door. It was the only way to get him to stay in bed! I can't tell you how many times I had to chase him through the house!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom