Guest viewing is limited

THR MammaT’s Matched Set

@MammaT just been following your recovery. I hope the pain meds help. I’ve been off mine but there are days I wish I still had them. How’s the walking going? I’m hoping when I see dr Wednesday I’ll be out of wheelchair and begin walking w walker. I know I still have a way to go and my patience is wearing thin. Lol.
 
Walker great with walker and improving with cane. While I hate taking pain meds, they do have a purpose. You may want to discuss with doc when you see them if there is anything you can take as you move back to weight bearing. While they don’t volunteer drugs, they do know when it is sensible. Be honest about pain levels and ask them how you should manage.

I hope you are out of wheelchair Wednesday @zinfandel. Moving on to walker or crutches will be great. It will be different but give you more freedom.

My patience is running thin and I haven’t been dealing with all that you have. I just keep reminding myself that it took years for my hips to get to this point, so I should give them a few months to heal.

Going to get ready for big trip to docs to pick up script. Thankfully friend can take it in to pharmacy ( the counter is waaaay in the back of store). Then pt, someone coming over for lunch and folks bringing chili for dinner. Need to get nap and icing in there!
 
Thank you @MammaT I understand your patience running thin. I will discuss with dr and have a pain mgt appt. set for April. It takes that long to get in around here. That’s mostly for my back but will also discuss hip. I have a friend who swears by medical marijuana for her pain so I’ll look into it. Enjoy your friends it’s great to have visitors!!!!
 
I'm sure you will be worn out, but nice to have friends and help.
Glad you are taking things slow and keeping things real, MammaT.
Have a peaceful weekend.
I've been shanghaid into a formal banquet where my Dad is an honoree tomorrow night. Extra formal. Rather be hung with a new rope.
Have a little black dress but no shoes appropriate...not sore my heels and hips are ready to reunite.
On top of that, it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow do I'd rather be getting dirty in the country.
Will be glad I was there for Dad , but :blackcloud:
 
I’m sure you will look great in little black dress. I transitioned to low heels slowly with left hip. I was surprised that wearing them occasionally wasn’t bad, but not on consecutive days. I have black sketcher slip ones to wear when I return to work-need to look semi-appropriate.

So cool your dad is being recognized and you will be there to celebrate. It’s nice when we get the chance to pay parents back for some of the things they did for us when we were younger that they would really have just as soon skipped.

Maybe you can get dirty on Sunday as your reward! Just be careful on your quad @Mojo333.
 
Regarding pain management these days @zinfandel, it is becoming tougher here in US. You have to try to figure out what pain may be like in two weeks and who knows?

The back and hip are related. If nothing else, our gimping can make a good back hurt. Hopefully as movement gets back to normal it will all resolve.
 
Oh yeah @MammaT i live in Delaware and it’s terrible. I’ve had three back surgeries years ago and never fused. So I’m trying to avoid that surgery the neurosurgeon said I need. But right now I’m on tramadol and my primary doesn’t want to Rx it anymore so need pain mgt for that. Been on it for years. Helps a bit better then nothing. But I hope your right that my back will get better when I can walk right again. Thank you for your input. Always helpful!!
 
@MammaT sounds like you have a really busy day ahead! Enjoy the time with friends. :) :-) (:They know you're recovering so try not to go into hostess mode. Hopefully you'll get some time to rest.
@Mojo333 I know formal events are a pain, but it truly is great as @MommaT said that you have this time to honor your dad. :friends:Maybe a new pair of shoes are in order to show off that little black dress. :loveshwr:
 
Love your kitty (in part because I think her face looks so much like mine's)!
 
Maybe you could run up to Georgia and help her out @Mascaramom. Oh wait, probably a bit soon.

Hum, @hipster333, I only know that because I suggested shopping trip to her! I find going out and shopping, even if I don’t buy, to be relaxing. Could be because it has been hard to do other stuff last couple of years. Looking forward to getting back to fishing this year, @Mojo333 would join us for a fishing expedition.
 
Thanks @SaraK. Zombu is beautiful but dumb as a box of rocks. She and Lucy spend most of their lives ignoring each other. But I do like both of my kitties. Lucy was sleeping in bed when pt was here. She decided to stay right by my side and supervise.
 
I gave up on trying to keep Daisy out of my lap after surgery. Anytime I woke up she would be sleeping on my lap. When I moved to the bed, she was glued to my hip or in between my legs so that I couldn't move without moving her. Only recently did she move down by my feet.

My son also has a cat. We got them at the same time as kittens and they usually get along but a lot of hissing and growling this week! The only good part is that my cat is finally sticking up for herself.
 
Maybe you could run up to Georgia and help her out @Mascaramom. Oh wait, probably a bit soon.
I’ve always wanted to come to Georgia @Mascaramom so shod shopping sounds great! Plus fishing worked in @MamaT sound fabulous!!!! Another trip planning.
Hum, @hipster333, I only know that because I suggested shopping trip to her! I find going out and shopping, even if I don’t buy, to be relaxing. Could be because it has been hard to do other stuff last couple of years. Looking forward to getting back to fishing this year, @Mojo333 would join us for a fishing expedition.

But will have to wait a bit. Went to take 15 year old grandson for a summer lifeguarding job. Took him to lunch, did a mock interview and then we waited on him plus traveled home. Only 3 hours but too much sitting. Home now, back in pjs, ice :ice:and first Tylenol plus codeine I have taken in days. The things we do for grandkids. He is my first and very much like his Nana. :) :-) (:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Reading through your posts and got to the part about patience. Recovery can often feel so loooonnnnnggggg. But you know as well as I that slow and steady wins the race. I’m encouraged at how well recovery is going for you.
 
Morning MammaT. Waiting for that last burp from Mr Coffee.
There's little that can compare to the first cup of coffee of the day, listening to the birds wake up...that's why I love mornings.
Hope you got some rest..
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom