THR MammaT’s Matched Set

On my second cup this morning @Mojo333. Actually slept in bed for about 3 hours last night. Felt good to be on my side.

Woke around five or so, stiff with some pain. Was sleeping so slept through when I could take next pill. Good news is, coffee, ice and pain pill taking care of everything quickly. After how busy I was yesterday I am going to make myself rest more today (did not get one nap yesterday).

Am using cane much more around house, probably about 80% of the time. It feels better. Just really can’t get natural stride going with walker. Everyday muscle strength is improving. Swelling is improving. Actually, everything is improving! Because of my tendency to want to rush everything I am forcing myself to slow down with this recovery.

When I see doc Tuesday for two week checkup I know I will want to talk about return to work. I need to hold off on that. I have more than enough paid time to cover a very extended leave. Going to try to be strong and not consider part time until the 6 week mark.
 
You really do know how to do this. Hope all members take note.
Recovery isn't fun but you can see marked improvement when you give it the proper time.
Pray for me to have patience tonight at the soiree. I'm not feeling it:sorry:
 
You’ll do fine at the soirée @Mojo333. Just keep visualizing your Sunday reward-outside, fun, dirt. You can do this!
 
Yes ma'am. Will make the best of it. Going to try heels. Wish me grace and coordination.:) :-) (:
 
Your doin so good great attitude and you will do so much better knowing to take one day at a time .
In my experience my last rehab was a bit trying on all my muscles in both legs and knees. Thank goodness for all the hippie aides that help get us thru tough parts.
[Bonesmart.org] MammaT’s Matched Set
 
Thanks @Hippielife. Although it’s much easier to tell others to do it than to follow advice ourselves!
 
Woke up this morning a bit stiff and achy. No doubt sleeping through and no meds for 10 hours contributed to that. Happy to say that meds, ice, and moving around beat it back quickly. Will try not to have that large of a gap, but think it shows that everything is moving in right direction.

A friend was asking yesterday when I would be ready to start getting out, to things like church and store, etc. Told him it would probably be two more weeks, I want to be able to walk a decent distance without cane if possible before I start a lot of that. While part of my brain knows that, there is the other part that wants to push it. Hitting the right balance is tough. I know if I listen to my body, it will tell me what I can and should do.

Have a good Sunday all.
 
Good morning and happy Sunday @MommaT! it sounds like you're definitely headed in the right direction and doing well. So happy you were able to sleep that long without the pain meds. :happydance:I think you're smart to take it easy and listen to your body. I'm sad not to be able to go to church today too. When I do go hopefully I'll at least be using the cane and I'll have to bring a couple of pillows to help keep the 90 degrees. Such a big production! Enjoy your Sunday!
 
I’m missing church today too @hipster333. Hope to be driving myself there two weeks from today. I can only suggest that because I know how much improvement we can see in a couple of weeks.

Noticed a few recent surgery folks have posted no bruising, which is great. Checked out my bruising this morning, and based on how side of hip and butt looks, I think I got yours. Happy to take one for the team. The positive news is, the bruising matches the purple shirt I am wearing.
 
My doctor told me I was released to drive at 3 weeks @MammaT but how do I do that with only 10-25% weight bearing? How do I get walker AND me in the car? I’ll just keep my husband as chauffeur.
 
Which hip has been replaced @Walkinginthesand? With my left hip I was driving around three weeks, still using cane.

With right hip, presurgery my os said I may get back to it sooner than I think. I am only guessing two more weeks based on how swelling, pain, etc is doing. Definitely no driving while on narcotics.

Technically, I guess if it is your left hip replaced, you could figure out a way to get in car, fold walker and drag it into car, but if you have a willing chauffeur, I wouldn’t mess with it yet.

As @Mojo333 likes to remind us, just because we can doesn’t mean we should.
 
It is my right hip. I was just excited when doctor said no hose at 3 weeks and I could drive. Forgot to ask him HOW. We aren’t going too much so husband doesn’t mind driving. I am just getting bored and trying to figure out legal ways to do things. :heehee:
 
Good to hear everything is moving along as it should. Hang in there, you’ll be running around in no time.
 
Thanks @Alfie888. Getting a bit stir crazy. Want to be better sooner than I am. Had my weekly break down and temper tantrum - my cats the only ones to witness- felt better. Had nice FaceTime chat with my youngest son who reminded me of what was done to my hip two weeks ago tomorrow. His advice was also “you want to heal and get better for what you want to do in the future, not today.”

So, getting out needlepoint so I have something to show progress. Refuse to get into work email, etc. this time!
 
I hit the wall at 2 weeks also @MammaT. I had a huge pity party. Just ask @Layla- she made me cry harder by being so sweet! I think in my case, the pain was so much more acceptable than pre-surgery, I was ready to go. Even now, a month out, I am having trouble finding enough to do. But my hip has loudly suggested that if I ask too much out of her- she will LOUDLY COMPLAIN. As a former high school teacher I thought I had patience. Ummmmmm. Nope. Right here beside you @MammaT!
 
My husband and I talk about “where I want to go” when I get my Doctors release. (Other than my goal of walking the dog) I can’t decide. I lay in bed at night and think about it. It just needs to be somewhere where I can WALK! :hiking:
 
Those 3-4 weeks are the worst. When you are moving about, in a fashion, but can’t get out the house.

Hope you have a good week.
 
I am trying short trips now at 4 weeks, but you really realize how weak or restricted you actually are. Frustrating!! But soon...but soon...I’ll be zipping around. :walking:
 
I know I will be too. Think part of frustration is that because initial pain was not as great it would leave completely sooner. Nope, seems like it is just staying pretty consistent, although I am able to have 6-8 hours between pain meds (new script is every 6), I am transitioning nicely to cane, so there has been lots of progress.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom