THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Should be home tomorrow, if I can go potty. Cath came out an 6:30 am and nothing yet:sad:. Any ideas?

Orange juice always makes my bladder overactive. Is there anything similar that made you run to the bathroom in the past? Other than that, perhaps more walking, if you are able.
 
Hhhhmmmm...... Drink more water? They stop the IV too? I have been drinking water because my mouth is so dry that I cannot forget. And I was just disconnected from the IV. I'm back to spitting cotton.:eeeuw: I would like to think that the doctor or staff should have good suggestions. :idea:
 
Hey MammaT. Hope your excretory system woke up.
Lovely side effects :umm:
Everyone waiting for you to go to pee...odd place to be.
Let's hope that stuff wears off soon.:praying:
 
Happy to say major systems are working. #1 is absolutely no problem. Switched from dilaudid to Percocet #10 last night, seems more than adequate. Walking slowly but not much pain. So far this recovery is smoother than first.

Waiting for surgeon to come to remove drain. Pt wil have to show me stairs. Hope to be home around lunch.
 
:bored: I am SO bad at waiting. I hope they get you on your way soon. Glad to hear everything is working again :beer:
 
I am so glad to hear things are going well and you’ll be heading home.
 
Hope youre home and trying to get settled. I know these are rough days.
Sending healing hugs!:console2:
 
Last edited:
Got home about four hours ago. Had to walk around a bit and do things like make a decent cup of coffee, change into favorite comfy pjs. Son in Arizona called to check on me, he was calling on drive home from work, his wife had not given most recent update.

Other son got scripts filled. He has helped me when I ask- we have things worked out that way.

I asked surgeon how hip looked, he said not to bad if you don’t mind not having any cartilage in a joint. Confirmed it really needed done. Said he used same type of implant, but slightly smaller size. He likened it tobsome people have one shoe size slightly different from foot to foot.i just felt good he didn’t just treat it as “one size fits all.”

Sent me home with short script of Celebrex, a few Zoloft sine I had some nausea but nowhere near as bad as first hip. Have Percocet 5/325 to take (1 if Pain is 0-5; 2 if pain is 6-10). Can supplementary with Tylenol dependent upon same guidelines on here) xeralto for blood thinner for one month. They were giving me Percocet 10 at hospital but that honestly seemed a bit much. Took one tab and a Tylenol since been home and that has me comfortable.

Using walker for right now. Can transition to cane as ready.

Home health care nurse comes tomorrow, will have in hone pt. I requested same therapist as last time, don’t know if I will get her or not.

So far recovery is smoother than last. Will have to wait and see. Right now in lift chair with ice on right leg, one cat on left. Hope to get some sleep tonight, although I did get a couple of three hour stretches in hospital.
 
Great to hear that you are home and it sounds like everything is under control. All your prep is paying off! I'm sure your cats are glad to see you too! :meow:
 
So nice to be home isn't it?! You seem like you have the drill down, so that will be helpful. Hope you get a good nights sleep and are able to keep the pain managed well. It's all up from here....sweet dreams.
 
The cane!? Did you JUST get home? This is amazing. So happy you are doing so well!
 
Back
Top Bottom