THR MammaT’s Matched Set

Pain is pretty well under control. Nerve block is wearing off. Got a couple of hours of sleep so missed hitting dilaudid. A little ouchy now, like a 3, but sleep was worth it. Now to figure out where regular glasses went. I think they are still in back pack, but I have my computer glasses out. Well, this will be something that keeps my brain occupied for a while!
 
Glad that you managed to get some sleep. Hopefully the pain med levels will be up again soon :flwrysmile:
 
Hope they are taking good care of you, MammaT. My hospital sippy cup made it home with me...even though huge and a little cumbersome..held piles of ice and water so folks didn't have to fill me up so often . Drink, drink.
Thinking of you.
 
Five minutes seems like an hour in the hospital, especially if you need something.
Hang in there...this is the worst of it.
Healing hugs:console2:
 
Good to hear that you are doing so well! Sleep was one thing that eluded me for my one night in the hospital - I just couldn't stand those compression cuffs on my legs. Hope you get to go home soon and get comfortable.
 
Good to hear you are doing so well @MammaT. Sounds like you are already flying high. Get those meds going and the pain under control and start walking, Girl! I'm kidding. Rest up before you start. Thinking of you. :flwrysmile:
 
It’s good to hear you are doing well. That sleep was so important for your healing. Hopefully you will soon be home where you can rest even better. Take in plenty of fluids and get lots of rest. Don’t forget to also ice and elevate :yes!:
 
Did pt this am. Just some ankle pumps and isometrics. Cath out, walked to bathroom. False alarm. Had a bit of nausea, zofran is a woderfuil medicine.

Pa came in this morning. Said hip was bad and absolutely needed replaced. Plan is home tomorrow-feels about right.
 
Welcome to healing and recovery time! I am sure you are feeling relieved it's behind you. Soon you will be home in your own comfy bed and surroundings.:SUNsmile:
 
Should be home tomorrow, if I can go potty. Cath came out an 6:30 am and nothing yet:sad:. Any ideas?
 
Drink, drink, drink some more............ I was going constantly because of IVs!
 
Have someone turn on a faucet in the bathroom so you can hear running water - ortho tech did that for me my first time and it worked like a charm. And yes, drink ALOT of water.
 
Just relax and nature will take its course!
 
Thought I’d pop in to say I’m so glad all went well. Hoping you’ll be home soon!
 
Back
Top Bottom