Revised PKR to TKR Makoplasty: ongoing pain<

Oh good then. So I guess going to Olathe's ER is not a good plan. Let me take a look at Shawnee Mission.
 
Nope. I don't see him connected with Shawnee Mission Hospital. He's listed at Olathe Medical Center and Heartland Surgical Specialty Hospital (which most likely has no ER services). Is Heartland covered with your insurance?
 
Sorry this is so difficult for you!!!:console2:
 
My friend got the drs hospital schedule from the receptionist who actually was the one who suggested they go to the ER on that particular day. She actually ended up loosing a lot of bone before they put the antibiotic spacer in because the infection had gone all the way to the bone.

The friend tried my OS because he's a revision specialist, but he said he couldn't see her because of insurance guidelines to do with the time after surgery and this was 2 1/2 years ago, so things may have changed. I've never understood what you're supposed to do if your dr isn't meeting your needs.

If you can figure out which hospital you can go to call the offices and ask which days are his hospital days.
 
Oh good then. So I guess going to Olathe's ER is not a good plan. Let me take a look at Shawnee Mission.
I just called his office and your right...he only goes to Olathe Medical Center so I am in trouble there. My insurance does not list that hospital as in network. UGH Ultimately..I can't use him now. Grrrr...Glad I got that figured out before I went to the appt. The fun never ends.
 
Spend the weekend researching who you can see. I'm sure Jamie will help as much as she can. Is there an ER you can go to that your old OS doesn't work at?
 
Spend the weekend researching who you can see. I'm sure Jamie will help as much as she can. Is there an ER you can go to that your old OS doesn't work at?
Yes there is...I can go to Shawnee Mission Medical Center...it's 2 miles from my house. I will have to call and cancel with Dr. Bohn. How disappointing. :blackcloud:
 
Can you find out what orthos work out of that hospital? Would you be able to see any of the docs out of that hospital?
 
Here in Pittsburgh (we've had huge insurance monopolies fighting in the last 2 years and one is Blue Cross, my insurance) were are told to go to the closest hospital in an emergency. But I wonder if you should check out those orthos to see who looks good, who might be a revision specialist and find out when he's in the hospital from his office.
When I had my TKR Blue Cross was accepted everywhere, now I can't go to tge hospital I had my TKR in and infectious disease doctor works out of. I do think you should call Dr. Bohn's office to ask where he has privliedges. When our insurances started fighting my OS and his whole group started attaining privileges at other hospitals so they could still treat their patients.
 
There is something wrong, here. You say your provider book lists Dr. Bohn as an in-network surgeon, yet you can't have him do any surgery in network because the hospitals where he practices aren't in the network. That's goofy. Call Blue Cross and talk to them on Monday. I do have a resource I can use to find out a good ortho surgeon at Shawnee Mission Hospital, so if you want to go to the ER there (even over the weekend), I'll help you find their best knee guy.
 
@Jamie , my ID is in network, but the hospitals she practices out of are not. I only pay my regular co-pay to see her in her offices, but I can no longer go to the hospital she practices out of. I'm staying with her now because she's been with me from the infection surgery.
 
OMG I went to the ER at Shawnee Mission...Walked in...there was so many people in there..it was crazy...puking, hacking...the wait was 4 hours..I turned around and walked out..I am in big pain but I am not going to sit in there and catch the flu...I will go back when it is not so busy.
 
Good grief! Try again....maybe early in the morning. Or really, really late at night.
 
I'm hacking and coughing the last two days, but staying in my cozy warm house today. Keep trying and researching docs.
 
So will your insurance not pay out of network at all? Or is your out of pocket expense just more. I had my surgery done out of network by choice. I figured that the extra expense was worth it to have the OS I wanted.
 
So will your insurance not pay out of network at all? Or is your out of pocket expense just more. I had my surgery done out of network by choice. I figured that the extra expense was worth it to have the OS I wanted.
I have no out of network benefits this year at all on my policy. However I do have a $300 Deductible and a $550 out of pocket maximum before it pays 100%. Even if I did have out of network benefits...I could not afford it. I live alone on one income.
 
It sounds like you have good insurance even if it doesn't cover out of network. My deductible is $6000 a year individual and $12,000 family. By the way, we met our family deductible in 2015 :yikes:. Our savings is still recovering from that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom