Revised PKR to TKR Makoplasty: ongoing pain<

Oh my word, I`ve just read through your story. What an absolutely hideous time you`re having. I can`t believe how you`ve been treated. Some fabulous advice and support here. Total admiration for you for keeping on keeping on when you must surely feel like giving up. I wish it was tomorrow you were going to see Dr Bohn (is that pronounced `bone`?).

I don`t what else to say except to hold on to hope with all your might that things will be sorted very soon. The changes on the xray are clear to see. I hope you find an advocate who is able to speak up for you when things get tough.

Huge, huge hugs to you. :console2:
 
Dr. Bohn's name is actually pronounced "Bone." Funny he'd become an orthopedic surgeon, huh!
 
Just a side note here....I am dealing with a Patient Advocate who is a RN with Blue Cross Blue Shield (my health insurance). She has now called me twice and is completely supportive in my quest to find answers. I just got off the phone with her and she is thrilled I am seeing Dr. Bohn on Jan. 31st. She also informed me that my OS never got prior authorization for my Surgery...She did not receive anything from him....The actual Hospital requested it AFTER the surgery. She approved it but it could have been denied because of this...What a klutz!! I also have called and spoken to Shawnee Mission Medical Center about my ER visit. I told them the whole story and that I was NOT paying a dime of that bill. They are investigating it. Ugh
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wondering how you're doing and am anxious to hear how the appt goes. Good to hear the advocate is on your side.
 
Tylenol only currently...No pain pills for 2 weeks just because I am scared to death of becoming addicted to them then not being able to find a Doctor that will prescribe them the rest of my life. I can physically function at about 60% while I am taking them but who wants to do that forever...Not me. Sooo that means pretty intolerable pain. I have left my house 3 times in 2 weeks just because I absolutely had too. Stir crazy and depressed to put it mildly. I am definitely not doing well but hanging in there for my appointment. I have this gut feeling I am going to be told I have nerve pain and there is nothing they can do but prescribe my drugs for it. If that's the case I am up a creek because I am NOT taking Lyrica or Gabapentin. I would rather suffer in pain then deal with the side effects of either of those medications. I sound pretty negative I know....some days are better then others but the majority are terrible.
 
I don't know anything about nerve pain, but can't imagine you'd have it both legs. Do you have someone to go with you on the 31st?
 
Yes I do and I am so grateful for that. I only say nerve damage in both legs because of having it done bilaterally. I am not sleeping good at all...Can't shut my brain off from worry. Praying for answers on Tuesday that's for sure.
 
Well tomorrow is the day I see Dr. Bohn for a second opinion that he doesn't know is a second opinion. I'm nervous, scared and praying for answers. :scare:
 
Get ready to cry if needed, don't let him dismiss you. Big tears may be necessary. :boohoo:
 
Bring everything you have and keep it with you. Don't give it to the receptionist when you check in.
 
:fingersx: you receive some answers about your ongoing pain and your frustrations with are behind you.
 
As of now the diagnosis is scar tissue in my knees from having 3 knee procedures in 2 years. A special MRI has been ordered to confirm this and to get a really good look at whats going on. X-rays were done today as well as an extensive physical exam to confirm the implants are stable and there is no need to revise them from partial knee replacements to total knee replacements. I will not know anymore until the MRI is done and the results are reviewed. I was absolutely impressed with this Surgeon and level of attention he gave me. Next step..MRI of both knees. I am relieved and happy that for now at least I will not have to face a revision. THANK YOU JAMIE!!
 
He seemed confident that he would get to the bottom of the problem, so I was happy about that. No fluffing her off because she "wasn't a year out from surgery yet." He was VERY concerned about the fact that she'd been pain from the very first with both knees. The other possible diagnosis was inflamed tendons at the base of the patella. But it was great news that he didn't see any loosening, signs of infection, or indication of rheumatoid arthritis or CRPS. @PkrJune15 has it together and was VERY prepared for the meeting. You've got this, gal!!! Onward and upward to a real recovery now!
 
Back
Top Bottom