Guest viewing is limited

Revised PKR to TKR Makoplasty: ongoing pain<

Oh Jamie...I owe you lunch or something when I get better. I could not have done this without your help and I am so glad you were with me. :thankyou:
 
Oh, l've been thinking of you on and off all day and am so pleased to read your update! Such good news! I'm so glad Jamie was with you - what a gal!
 
Hon, you don't owe me anything. My reward will be to know you got well and moved on with your life. I'm just glad to have gotten you this far. I'll be available if you need me again. Just let me know in a PM.
 
Waiting impatiently for a call today to get the MRI done. Now that I had a taste of hope yesterday..I am ready to get the show on the road. :tiredwheel:
I also have been researching the best methods of ridding myself of scar tissue just in case it turns out this is my issue. Any input on this would be great. I have not had much luck in the past with injections in my knees (Synvisc, Cortisone) but not counting them out I guess.
 
@PkrJune15 So happy your appointment went well. You are on the right track and is awesome that you kept insisting that something wasn't right. It's a shame that we have to push so much with some doctors but our well being and c health must come first. Keeping you in my prayers for healing!

@Jamie That is so thoughtful and caring! Many blessings to you!
 
One of our staff members mentioned the possibility of a metal allergy as the cause of your pain. I hadn't considered that, but it might be a good idea to ask Dr. Bohn to authorize a test for that just so it can be ruled out. Have you every experienced problems with metal allergies .... like when you wear certain types of jewelry?
 
I doubt that's the problem, but just keep the test in mind if nothing else seems to show up. It has been a problem for some of our members who didn't have previous allergy issues.
 
Sometimes it can take a couple of days. Remember, they had to get the approval from your insurance company too. I'd give it until Friday and if you don't hear something by then, call and check. You will get a call from the scheduler at Diagnostic Imaging. Check out their website and find out which location will be closest for you. They have imaging centers all over town.
 
MRI is Monday at 1:15pm. I am a little concerned about them telling me I have to pay up front what the insurance won't cover. They are going to call me with an amount that will be due...I am so broke because of all of this..I am barely staying afloat. :bawl:
 
I'm sorry about the copay issue. It is fairly common these days for doctors and hospitals to ask for that up front. I imagine they have difficulty collecting from some folks and therefore it make it a punishment for us all. Hope it's not too much. You might ask Diagnostic Imaging if they use Care Credit. It's a VISA card that allows you to pay medical, dental or even pet vet bills over time with no interest. I use it for our big dental bills like crowns and it works great. Google it and I think you can apply for the card online.
 
I can't get care credit without a job or income...I am really struggling here since this has went on so long unfortunately.
 
If it`s not too rude a question, how much will you need to pay against what the insurance will pay?
 
They are going to call me and let me know today they said. My deductible is met but my out of pocket is not. I won't know until they call me. Very Scary.
 
It is scary and I really do feel for you. Are there any funds you could access to help with your bill? Sorry, I don`t know how the system works over there; we are so fortunate to have the NHS.
 
I don't think there are any funds. I live alone and really have nobody to help me. Both my kids live in Florida and are in College ages 23 and 19. I have blown through my savings and cashed my retirement in trying to stay floating. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do.
 
Try not to get yourself upset about the copay until you find out what, if any, it is. Are you having the MRI at a hospital? If so many will help you with outstanding monies that might be owed.
 
It's being done at diagnostic imaging. Its a radiology only facility. They never called today. Maybe they will Monday morning. Ugh
 
Try not to worry over the weekend. I know that's easier said than done. Once you know the amount, you may be in a position to do some bargaining with them for payment. Have you considered talking with the Johnson County Social Services Office? They may be able to suggest some kind of assistance. Also, if you are a member of a local church, you might be able to ask for assistance there. I know it's difficult to ask for help, but keep in mind all this is temporary until you are in a position to work again.
 
Back
Top Bottom