Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi , when you say you struggle with "knee slides", are you referring to the exercise where you have your leg straight while on bed or chair and slide it outward and bring back in? (kinda like doing a half snow angel, lol) If so, I will tell you a trick I used and it helped me a lot. I had my DH run and get the dog leash. Had him put the loop (you know, where we hold on to leash when walking dog) and I held onto the other end. Then I would slide my leg while holding my end of the leash for support if it needed it (it did, in the beginning). What I feel like that allowed me to do is go out a smidge further but keep control of my leg so as to bring it back in. After about 3 days, I didn't need the leash anymore. I came up with the idea in the hospital, as the group PT I participated in handed us all straps that were made of the same material, just made differently. It just reminded me of a leash, lol. If that's not the exercise you are talking about, I apologize. But I also used it for the heels slides, too, in the beginning. It helped maintain control of my leg...:happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!
 
Day 7 Post Op :
Bandage just removed today. That is my scar with two little bruises.
 
@MajorHeidi ….looks like its healing beautifully:yes:. Good job so glad for you. Now I know why they shaved you. The anterior is much nearer your "private area" than I thought. Are you able to sleep on your side? I'm a side sleeper….cannot sleep on my side now…too painful. My incision is at the side so I don't think I will be sleeping on my side for a while:sad:
 
It looks small! Looks great! You can be proud of that... it's a reminder of how strong you are and your new life ahead! I have long scars up and down my thigh and groin area from surgeries as a baby. I was strangely kind of proud of them as a kid. I had no idea what I had actually been through, but the other kids thought they were cool. Made me feel special and kind of tough. Ha ha.
 
Looks great!

Also PT at hospital used a small smooth board to do heel slides and snow angels. I had husband get what was actually shelf from book shelf (about 9"x2') the resistance of doing on bed sheet or cover too much in the beginning.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi ....Your scar looks longer down the leg then mine....I was dropping my drawers and comparing them! I did not have any bruising either, did you have sutures or staples? They did not shave me though, I guess it is all up to the OS.
 
@GaRosehippy Its funny, there's a bruise at the bottom of the scar vicinity where during my last martini before the operation, I ran into the pointed corner of my desk in the bedroom. Figures it was right in the area where he was to cut. How dumb was I? haha:martini:
 
@charmed-life Awesome for you on the fitbit force.
8000 steps for goal is amazing. Way to go!
I need to set a realistic goal for walking around with the walker I think. Will have to ponder that one.
 
Hey Claire!!! You incision looks identical to mine lol we could be twins....LOL...You sound like you are doing great girl. Well I returned to work yesterday. I have to tell you that energy drain everyone talks about..:yawn:.OMG I came home and slept for 3 hours......:sleep:....My husband came home and said what no dinner???LOL.. I fell asleep in my coat...Oh my goodness...Do you work??? If you do get ready for that....I feel pretty good. Its a little tough sitting at a desk all day so I have to get up and walk around a lot..Just stiff..I will do pt this coming Monday. I have a lot of pt to do for my knee. Walking and limping shifted my knee cap and they say it should return back to normal. I sure hope so, If it were not for this knee pain I could say I am a new woman. The hip pain is gone though. What a relief. You sound wonderful....and Look at me Claire..I am getting into my Jeep Wrangler :yes!:and have no problem...Keep resting .....you need it..Hugs:SUNsmile:
 
@MajorHeidi .....I wouldn't bother counting my steps right now, every day you will step a little bit more. I find that one day I might do more then the day before, I might hurt the next day, but the next after that the hurt is gone and I am able to do a little bit more. Once you get rid of that walker you will be getting around like a big slice of AWESOMENESS!!!!
 
Hey @chaseyboy ....Man that energy drain sucks doesn't it. I actually did 6 hours today at the office, was sleepy towards the end, but by time I got home I wasn't sleepy anymore. It just gets better every day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom