Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GaRosehippy..Oh I just hate being tired...Feel 96...lol I guess its just your out of the routine.....How I missed my recliner today....:sleep:..Oh my I just couldn't wait to get on it...I'm sure this takes awhile to get all you strength back I'm sure...lol....
 
As good as recovery has been, I have to say fatigue is tough -- Took two one hour naps/rests and thought I was good when done working -- sat down for just a minute just before 7 and slept through to 10 . . . I had such a night planned -- hubby had made plans with friends, I was going to drive to the store all by myself and get into all sorts of mischief -- and slept through the whole night!
 
Wow @Me2 that fatigue thing that is coming sounds brutal.
Its good you fell asleep actually rather than attempting all those other fun things, as your body just
said 'no'. not yet.....

Today my incision looks good.
I put on pants and a long sleeve t shirt for the first time today instead of wearing Night shirt commando.
I have my first home PT session shortly.
We'll see how I do...... :wink:
 
Good morning @glmrphy Gail!
Thanks for the incision comment. I am so glad we can post them and have others provide guidance and advice.
That makes it more comforting. Thanks
 
Good luck with PT! You are doing so well Claire!

I have been rather enjoying the loose nite shirts and loung-y dresses and when I have to put on pants to go out the elastic on panties hits at exactly the wrong place. The first time or 2 I just lined my pants with a pantyliner and called it a day. (Apologies to the men for TMI) ;)

It's getting better now that the incision is healing...the last of the little strips are about to fall off so I think I am fine now, but that was one of the little challenges I'm sure everyone had to deal with.

...feeling a little less numbness and pain each day. Making slow and steady progress here!

Happy Good Friday everyone!
 
I had found some $5 sweat pants at Target and wore those for awhile - they were loose but warm here in Minnesota. With anterio-lateral, really no interference with scar and clothing so it wasn't so much of a problem.
 
Hey Girl..........I have been wearing anything but my jeans! I have lots of maxi-dresses and bought some palooza pants, the fabric feels like I am wearing Jammies to work! PLUS I work them pretty well with my height. I do not want anything rubbing against my incisions. They are numb due to the nerves being cut, I just prefer nothing rubbing and irritating them. Mine are itching sometimes, does anyone elses itch???? Claire, the silky jammies made PT so much easier when it came to sliding as the fabric is slippery!!! (Does that mean I was cheating)?
 
@Me2 Jeans for you! :wow:
That will be a long way for me right now. I agree with @GaRosehippy on nothing touching the incisions.

Today, though I did have a bizarro experience in the bathroom.
So I am wearing these large LLBean jammie bottoms. cute ones.....! they fell to the floor in the process.
Ha! and no grabber thing in the bathroom.
I had to waddle out to the bedroom, and get on the bed to pull them up. Whoopsie!
 
@Dmcfad2 @Cantabrigian @AndisMom @charmed-life the first in home PT session went well.
Jeremy seemed to be in his early twenties, and said I was his youngest patient. :rofsign:
He said I was doing well, and he cautioned me because of how well I am doing that I am at risk of doing
something stupid without thinking about it. I think he is trying to reign me in a bit.
He said my OS requires the walker to be used til his 2 week appt, no matter how progressed you are.
He said the OS doesn't wasn't calls about 'pain in this muscle or that', and its for safety reasons.
So that's fine. Maybe there will be a walker 5K for me to do. Haha
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom