THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi I see! Your dogs! Was wondering about your user name. You'll be really glad to see your dogs I'm sure. I have a cat and in the early days after the op I would wake up to see his face almost nose to my nose checking on me. Pets are great!
Glad your log leg is going too! :-)
Gill


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi so glad to hear you are improving! Those babies are ready to see their Mama I'm sure! FYI I am still sleeping with an extra pillow on top of me so when (not if) the cats walk across me or decide to plop down on top of me, it doesn't hurt. Now with giant dogs, that will be a different story and they will have to be careful around Mama for a while.

Having them home will be good for you as well as them though I think!

Hope you continue to feel better each day!
Pam
 
@MajorHeidi Wow, it sounds like you're coming right along. It feels great to be able to do things independently doesn't it? Those little things make all the difference and they add up to big things:) Wishing you continued progress.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Glad to find you doing well @MajorHeidi I bet your babies can't wait to see you either too. They will be careful around you....they just seem to know that something is up.

Keep up the good work xxx
 
We have two big klutzy lab mixes who have been home with me. Pre-surgery they pellmelled down steps and to their door to get outside. It's been very interesting watching how carefully they move around me, patiently waiting for me to get up and down steps. I'm sure your guys will be careful and give you great comfort. Best kind if family to be around. They ask no questions or judge. We can't expect them go get ice or water and they just give up the love!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi , I know you will be happy for your "babies" to be home! Our German Shepherd had to be put into the bedroom when my DH brought me home from the hospital until I got into the house and settled into a chair. Otherwise, he would have knocked me down when I came through the door, lol...:) After getting into my chair, my DH let him loose and he made a beeline for me..:puppysmooze: The first thing he did? Sniffed my hip! HARD! I had to push him back, he was really nosing it, lol... and he has been very protective of me since I had my surgery. Glad you are doing well, dear!
 
My husband and I swam with dolphins years ago. There was an experience where the trainer would say to take the dolphin's fin and hold on. The dolphins would pull people through the water about 50 feet-100 feet, turn around and pull them back. I noticed that the dolphins were pulling the men fast and hard and splashing them. They were strangely smooth and noticeably slower with the women...hardly even making a ripple in the water. I asked the trainer about it. He said they seem to instinctually know the gender of the human, as they were not trained to do it differently. He said they were even more gentle than that with children. Animals are amazing!
 
Post Op Day 6:
Is anyone else using their Fitbit?
I started it up about four days ago, and I see progress in the number of daily steps walked.
I really like the thing.... Fitbit Flex. Its a nice visual representation of how much you have walked and done.

Today, had a crock pot on front porch sent over by a nice neighbor with pot roast/veggies in it. Yum for later.

Struggled today with knee slides (new exercise added). Can't get to 45 degrees; just about half that.
Is this a problem with other anteriors, or just me?
Log leg is still S-l-o-w-l-y disipating, but still here to dog me.

Home nurse to call (hurry up) and schedule tomorrow to come remove bandage.
Why can't they understand that even patients need to manage their time, too.

:flwrysmile:
 
@MajorHeidi So glad you are doing OK! I think you'll find that your dogs will be gentle and respectful around you. My two big ol' crazy lab mixes were very gentle and didn't even crash into me (as they seem to like to do). They were very subdued and just wanted to watch over me. They just KNOW when their human needs gentler treatment. They were SO sweet, but then they always are, but they weren't rambunctious at all, just very attentive to be sure I was OK.

Love,
Milli
 
I have a Fitbit but haven't used it since I started to get really bad before surgery...figured it wouldn't know what to do with such low numbers. :sorry:
I do hope to fire it back up as soon as I can walk for more than a few minutes at a time without a nap.

Back before the knee and then the hip went downhill, it was surprising how many steps I took every time I did 3 airports in a day, and large client office buildings. I am hoping I can get back to walking through those airports without stopping to rest or flagging a cart. That will be progress and a starting point for me I think.
 
@AndisMom Hey -- I've been looking for your recovery thread -- maybe I just missed it? Anyway, I hope you are doing well. You WILL be back doing those airports, probably before you know it!

Love,

Milli
 
@MajorHeidi I too had anterior, and am still struggling to bend much more than 90° with the leg slide (can't get further standing up either for that matter lol). I sas beginning to think that it was abnormal, as I expected more mobility at first. However, with the scar and stiffness in the thigh muscles I concluded that this was abour right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom