Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kim22 :rofsign:I don't have a core anymore!
Oh heavens.....

I am going to PT tomorrow morning first thing for assessment on DDD.
I hope these stretches (as presented by the OS) are 1) possible and 2) useful.
I am certainly being positive and willing....

Have you done Pilates? Do you think it would help the core? and if so, would strengthening the core
help the DDD related pain issues ? I am certainly willing to find out about this.... would like your comments.
Thanks Kim! How are you doing????
 
Hey @aprilc ! How you doing???
Thanks for the info on hamstring.
I will ask PT about it tomorrow at 10 at my appt.....

How is school, and your activities now? I sure hope you are doing well and being happy!!!
 
@MajorHeidi, I used to do Pilates every week before the surgeries. Looking forward to restarting in January. It is marvelous for the core. It is one of the things that held me together before surgery. And, I think it helped me in both recoveries, hip and knee. I do continue to do whatever Pilates moves I can still manage as a means of keeping my core strong. Hope that helps. I highly recommend you give it a chance. It makes you feel so good!
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny and @Dmcfad2
Glad to hear from you both!
Chrissie, I hope your knee holds out on you... your attitude is so good!

Debbie, I hope you have no residual issues with your fall on the segway.
I am so risk averse, I would not even have stepped on the darn thing in the first place.
We have a boat, and I get in via the side and kind of hop down rather than some folks going
via the bow or the stern....i still don't like stairs much and I equate a segway with a big step.
I hope you are doing okay after that.....
 
Hi @LaxMom Thanks for the info on the Pilates.
I may check out the local Y to see if they have these classes.
I hope you are doing well, and are happy!!!
 
Been seven months and checking in with my old pals. Hope you all are doing well. I am pain free and happily chasing around my crawling granddaughter. I walk through airports, dance, wear heels and really appreciate my new hip! Happy a Thanksgiving!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®

Right anterior approach on April 15, 2014
 
@MajorHeidi Yes I have been doing Pilates for 3 months and for sure it helps with core strength which Is so important in supporting your spine and the hip too of course.I would say that it is not easy to learn and it takes a little while to see the benefit but so worth it.A lot of the girls in my class are there because of back issues.I would stress that you would be better off with a physio as lots of fitness instructors teach Pilates with minimal training, in the UK at least.I had a full assessment before I started the classes with the physio who supervises me very carefully and amends exercises to be more appropriate to a THR along with the psoas tendinosis. I feel very safe doing the exercises and can really recommend it.I also think it has done me good psychologically as at last I am exercising in a normal class.
 
hi all. I got an email about your post @MajorHeidi and came to see how everyone is. I sure hope your appt goes well and the pt finds a way to help you. I've also been doing pilates for a few months and like it a lot. also hi @Hoppy Nanny and @shrinkette. ellen so glad things are looking up. it has been a long haul. hope your recovery goes smoothly @mystikfairy61. I'm doing great except I fell and sprained my ankle (operated leg) pretty badly. however, the hip held up quite well at least. (and of course, there's the incessant terror we're facing here.)
so hello and goodbye for now. so good to hear how y'all are doing. may we all hear only good news from now on. devorah
 
I have recently had a pain in the rear operated side cheek almost at the crease. Xray showed DDD (My new friend acronym) for degenerative disk disease
Yes, just like around 55% of the rest of us >55s! These doctors to miss the flippin' obvious, don't they? Never miss going for something dramatic when the opportunity presents itself!

Is your pain here?

[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!


Then it's piriformis! Piriformis syndrome - a pain in the butt!
 
Hi @Josephine I think you hit the nail on the head (or the butt) for that one. I agree, you are probably
right that was the piriformis, and that pain is now gone.

However, I do have a pain continuing for about a month in the frontal area at the groin where the crease is where the leg joins the torso; fairly close to the private area....

The head physio fella said "its not likely that lumbar issues cause this groin pain".
I know my xray does confirm L4/L5 compression. Physio says either that is more likely from hip or from
S2/S2.

I would like your opinion if back issues could cause this light tug pain at the groin when bending low then standing up. Pain is about a .5-1 on a scale of 1-10.

Thanks!!!
 
Hi @dickinson Devorah, I hope your sprained ankle heals quickly. You really have it tough on a long term basis where you live. I so feel for you. And, the most recent horrific event is scary, and I hope you are managing to be safe and cope somehow. Thinking of you!
 
@VF
Good to hear from you. So happy to hear you are doing awesome, and living life to its fullest.
That's what its all about.
Yay for you!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
 
I know my xray does confirm L4/L5 compression. Physio says either that is more likely from hip or from S2/S2.
He's dead right! Actually when you think about it, the body mass that contains the hip joint and the lower lumbar region is quite small, about the size of a cantelope melon. However, our natural desire to pin down and ache or pain to a specific structure does not take that into account so we tend to over look the real likelihood that a pain in the groin or hip could be from the spine and vice versa. And as far as the L4/5 orL5/S1 compression, in research done on all abdominal xrays for absolutely anything, it was found that around 70% of the material showed such damage but looking through the patient's notes, there was no mention of significant back pain in most of them.
 
@Josephine Thankyou for responding! :yes:
I have started some lower back PT stretching, and I will also ask the PT for some strengthening of the adductors in case the groin tug may be related to that.
 
Hi, @MajorHeidi ... good luck with your back stretches. I hope you find some relief. Do you go to your PT before or after work? I wonder which would be less stressful on the body. I remember reading you went back to work a while ago, is that right? Take care and let us know how you are doing, okay?
 
Hope you get that back pain sorted @MajorHeidi
I found swimming helped my back pain enormously....jeez these bodies don't let up do they!! Xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks @Peaches and @Hoppy Nanny .
I went to PT today, and did various lower back stretches and exercises.
I think I will continue, some felt good.
Maybe this will be a good thing. :good-bad:
 
hi @MajorHeidi . just wanted to say hi and happy holidays. hope you're doing well and worked out the various pains you were having. it can be discouraging. I hope you're back on track. take care, devorah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom