THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my one year checkup with the surgeon.
I took a pic of the xray with my iphone while waiting for him to come in. (How convenient is that?!)

He manipulated my hip, looked at the xray and said he was delighted. (Me, too!)
He said I have no restrictions now of any kind.
Wow, that means jogging or jumping are now okay. (I had thought they were off forever :))
He then said "See you in five years".

What a nice day! :SUNsmile:
 
Grrrrreat! 5 years -- isn't that so scary when they just "cast us to the wind." But so lovely, too. Cantabrigian, from last year, said he too was "approved" for four years.

Would you like to join me for skydive? Virginia is not so far from Pittsburgh . . . . . The place I'm planning on said about the end of April. You did say released with no restrictions - including jumping!:happydance::yes!::flwrysmile:

Happy 1 year Anniversary too! :loveshwr:
 
Hi Claire @MajorHeidi
Glad your one year check went well & you are cleared for skydiving with @Me2 ( only joking!!!)!
Sorry about the problems with your back issues.....it seems that's life....get rid of one pain....get another. Its frustrating isn't it & a little tedious.
Hope you've recovered too from your bronchitis. Take care. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great to hear from you Ann @Nana moon 27 !
I see you are having another TKR soon.... :friends: Hugs
I hope this one goes well for you. You have been through the ringer.

I am doing real well. Still have some stiffness when standing tall from down low on the floor.
But, that's ok.

I have recently started slow jogging again since I have no restrictions anymore.
I am alternating doing that every several days with regular walking. I am feeling pretty good about
being able to do that again, as I never thought i would be able to. :wowspring:

Today was nice. It was the second day of the pool being opened. The water was only 72 degrees, but
I stuck with it for an hour, and then enjoyed the sun.

I hope everyone is doing well out there!
 
@MajorHeidi Wow girl congrats on the awesome 1 year checkup. Had mine recently too but since I have arthritis elsewhere he is checking me yearly. Will be moving up close to you next year, moving back to Asheville NC. Hubby is having his left hip done June 26th if they don't call and change it. Have really missed talking to you.
 
Hi @MajorHeidi Conratulations on your wonderful one year report.It is great to hear that you have your life back and that you are living it to the full.Enjoy all those activities that you are able to do because of the new pain free hip.I am on countdown to hip #2 and can't wait to have a matching pair of good hips.Have a great summer in the pool.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Kim22 When is hip number two?
I'm sure you are looking forward to it, (how funny does that sound to non-hip people)?
Please let me know, so I can follow your progress ..... :friends: I will be on the second hip at some point
just don't know when.....
 
It was good to hear that you are doing so well. Yes time does fly when you are working on getting your life back and returning to doing the things you love. I find that I don't come here often because I am doing so much now but it was so wonderful to hear that the life you love is returning. Take care, God Bless, Tashia
 
Hi @tashia ! Glad to hear that you are doing well and spending time doing those things that make you happy.
You are amazing!
 
Hi @MajorHeidi You are correct in that I am looking forward to having the second hip done, Of course I don't relish the thought of the surgery and recovery period but it will so worth it to have two good hips.My date is not until 28th September so I still have more than 4 months to wait.Please keep in touch on here.
 
Hey Claire, not sure if you have been on here lately but wanted to check to see how things are going. Message me if you get time and are on. Miss chatting with you. Hope all is well!!
 
Hey Donna! How are your hip/knee, and how is your Hubby's? I like your profile Pic.
I miss talking with you. How are you all doing?

My new hip has been feeling a bit annoying the last couple weeks.
I have just moved my parents to assisted living near me from their home 5 hours away. Have been
doing lots of lifting heavy things and it is likely related to that. Have so much yet to do to get
their house ready to sell. I am the only child, so its all on me. Have used up all my vacation, so
that's getting dicey as to how I am going to deal with this any time soon.

So good to hear from you! @mystikfairy61
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be tough to deal with. I remember when we had to do this for mom and I have siblings. Could not imagine have to do that alone. Check your personal messages. Sent one to you. Hopefully will hear from you soon.
 
Hope things go well for your parents Clare @MajorHeidi
It sounds like you've overdone it and your hip is paying you back....although sometimes I wonder if it's not the hip but back related!!
Take it easy....I remember doing the same with my Mum..but I did it with my twin sis, which helps! Xxxx

@mystikfairy61
Donna, thanks for thinking of me.....saw it on another thread! I'm doing great....hip fantastic ...knee not so!! Hey, that's life!
But I've got my new puppy & she's beautiful. Hope all going well with your hip/knee.......and you are enjoying life.
Miss all the old BoneSmarties!! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So nice to get update from all the "old" BoneSmarties ---- wow? How did that happen that I include myself as an "old" BoneSmartie!
 
Not 'old' as in 'old' @Me2
Old as in familiar......phew! Got over that faux pas!! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom