THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do hope you get some relief from the TB soon Claire @MajorHeidi........if only the hospitals would not just send you out & tell you to walk..walk..walk but give you a limit ..say one Mile maximum ......then we would have a clear indication. Do make sure you rest & ice as much as possible....take care...Chrissiex


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
This is my post at about seven and a half months.....
I went thru a spell of bursitis from too much walking and cycling. Oh well.
That is almost all gone........ :whistle:

I have recently had a pain in the rear operated side cheek almost at the crease.
I went to the OS, and he smiled. (not good), and ordered xrays....
It showed DDD (My new friend acronym) for degenerative disk disease. Lumbar 4/5, specifically.

He prescribed PT stretches and said for about 75% or folks this will stave off further problems. :unsure:
My first PT is tomorrow.

At any rate, I have since gotten rid of the rear side pain totally (before PT), but now have some
frontal groin pain at the leg crease.
I have heard that this may also be caused by Lumbar 4/5.
@Josephine I thought I would ask you if this makes sense.
I had thought it might be hip-related, but since the other rear-butt-crease was back related, someone else
told me 'oh this is also back-related; not the hip causing it'.
Might I get your opinion please?

All in all, my hip is great!
Thanks
 
@MajorHeidi so sorry to hear about your pains! I am excited that you were able to have "too much" walking and cycling. Isn't that a far cry from before surgery?! I guess it's all things in moderation. I hope PT is able to help you. It was nice to see your username pop up in my email!
 
Hey there @PuppyLove how is the bilat knee going for you? great, I hope!
I feel pretty good all in all!
Moderation is important, and I think we all know that; I think I just felt that simple things like
walking and biking would be awesome all the more they got done... ooops.
 
Knees are so much harder for me than my hip was ( sorry- I hope you're not headed that way). I am impatiently trying to learn patience. PT says I'm doing great, but I'm tired all the time and the pain never goes away- just gets a little more dull. From what I've read, I'm at the bad slump- it should get better in a few weeks. I am grateful that I was able to have these surgeries and don't regret anything- I just want to heal faster (yes, you can visualize a 2 year old stamping her feet). On rare occasions I have a small amount of pain around my right hip, probably when I do too much. The pain is nothing compared to the pre-surgical arthritis pain.

My family has been very understanding through this whole process. They know I still need naps and don't complain. I do manage the laundry and dinner every night. I've even started grocery shopping again, with the help of my 17 year old son. I wish the house was cleaner, but life goes on whether the floor's been mopped or not. I took a pain pill a while ago and now I'm rambling. I hope your life is going well!
 
Wow @PuppyLove you are really doing amazing for what you have been thru...
I am in awe ...
So happy to hear what you are doing. I will get there soon enough I Am sure. Thanks for paving the way!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@PuppyLove Wow, I couldn't imagine having done both knees that close to my hip. Mine were 8 months apart to the day and the knee sure seems like it is gonna be harder than the hip was. I am hoping it gets easier as time marches on.
@MajorHeidi I had bursitis about a month ago as well and my OS injected with cortisone and it did a world of good. I just had an MRI on Monday to check my back as well. I was told back in 2010 that I had DDD in L4 and 5 but was never told that PT could help it, so definitely will talk to my pain doc about it when I go back, especially since I will be in PT anyway for my knee. Plus I want to work on my quad on the right to strengthen it. Life is funny, I had no idea that I would be having my left knee done 8 months to the day after my hip, who knew,ROFL!!
 
@MajorHeidi
Hello again, Claire. So sorry you've been having pain... do hope PT alleviates it. Sounds like you've done quite well, though!

My UNoperated hip is starting to be bothersome. Just can't bear the thought of facing more surgery after my first hip, which is perfectly fine. Numb foot is progressively less numb, & areas that had no feeling months ago have come back, but ever so sloooooooowly. Still numb in places, am still using walker for security, but have regained strength in leg muscles. It's been a long haul.

Wishing you a successful outcome with your stretching. Take care.
 
Aw, thank you, @mystikfairy61. I see you recently had your knee done. 9 months apart, huh? I had my knee done & had THR 11 months later. Which did you find more difficult, & how are you doing?
 
@MajorHeidi Hi, Claire, I just popped in to see that you are having some pain and back issues. I hope it all gets worked out! Are you still having the stiffness when you first start moving? I am still having that, it takes me a few steps to get going. Hang in there!
 
@shrinkette Ellen, I just had my knee done yesterday the 18th, which was 8 months to the day from the hip. So far the knee has been worse but then I only have one day to compare to at this time. Just taking a wait and see attitude, so far the worst part has been the CPM machine and the fact that I don't feel quite as confident with the knee as I did the hip. But I am sure that will come with time. Had a rough little bout with pain around 11pm but once it was settled I slept from around 1:15 to almost 6 only being woke up at 3 and 5 for normal stuff, blood draw pain meds the like. So overall not too bad of a first night. Thanks for asking!!
 
Hi Claire @MajorHeidi Glad your hip good.... Sorry about your back pains...... It gets to you doesn't it when you get over one thing & expect to be moving on & something else presents .....I had bilateral discectomy & decompression some years ago and it was fabulous... Had very little problems since ... Until my hip started.... But that's fab now.... But now.... My knee is a real pain in the proverbial!!!!
Hope those exercises help..... I found sitting on the large exercise ball really helped my back!!!
Chrissie x


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi I've been told by my PT that pain in the crease where your butt meets your leg is pain associated with the hamstring - where it inserts. Maybe some tendonitis? I've had L4-L5 disectomy and hemilaminectomy for a ruptured disc and of course now have DDD but never has my pain been in the back crease nor the groin so it's interesting that the doc associated it with the DDD. But then again I'm no doctor.
 
Hi @MajorHeidi so sorry to hear about your DDD pain and I hope the PT exercises work.I do know people who have responded very well to daily exercises and stretches for their back pain as long as they are performed on a regular basis.Have you thought about Pilates taught by a qualified PT to work on your core strength ?
 
Hi @shrinkette So glad to hear from you!
You sound like you are getting along much better now; time does help, doesn't it?
Happy to hear that the numb foot is resolving, slowly albeit...

I hope your other hip is just complaining and doesn't get contentious!!!

I also imagine you are getting around to some of your favorite things like orchestra/opera? :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom