THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Me2 hey hun, so nice to see you too!! I wanted to connect with everyone again since I have been busy, LOL!! Glad all are doing well. And @MajorHeidi Claire, don't overdo anymore girl, you now know you will pay for it. :hugzz:
 
Well today is my second anniversary of my new hip.
I have a 'Forgotten Hip'.
Yay!!!
I do have a cranky knee that is now considered 'Severe' but not 'Advanced'; but will be soon.
I hope everyone is doing well!!!
 
Good to hear from you, glad you are doing well. Were here when you decide to get that cranky knee replaced.
 
Hi Claire, so glad to hear that the hip is forgotten, same thing is happening here. The knee here is doing great, I just have a tendency to baby it too much, even though it is a year and a half since I had it done. Still can't kneel and don't think I ever will be able to again, but I will take that since there is no pain anyday. Take care my friend and keep us posted on that knee.
 
Thanks for checking in @MajorHeidi ! Glad that hip is behaving. Hope the knee doesn't cause you too much aggravation!
 
@mystikfairy61 Donna!
Two years and counting for both of us now; glad you are doing well, too.
I seem to be following in your footsteps, don't I?
 
@MajorHeidi Claire, so it seems. Hoping you can postpone that knee for quite some time. Don't regret mine but glad I waited as long as I did. Keep us posted.
 
:dancy:@MajorHeidi fantastic to hear from you again and that you have the forgotten hip.I am so pleased for you Claire.Sorry to hear about your cranky knee and I hope you are able to find a solution to avoid more surgery.Have you tried injections ? Great news about the hip
 
Hi @Kim22 Good to hear from you!
I hope to one day have 'the forgotten knee' as well as the hip, but it will take a while... The Ortho doctor said I would likely have the knee replaced within one year.
He said first I needed to have the series of Cortisone shots (3 I think), then after that is exhausted, they go to some kind of synthetic gel injections ( 3 I think), then physical therapy....
The PT can be in some other order in the process, but the surgery won't be until all other options are exhausted.
I guess that makes sense.
How about you? How are you doing? I think you had your second hip after I went dark with my forgotten hip.
Are you happy? I hope so.... :flwrysmile:
 
Claire - congrats on two year anniversary! Remember when it seemed so impossible that our recovery could be so complete!

My knees are hinting that they need looked at, and I really should because I think I am just worrying too much. And I'm still recovering from second shoulder surgery. :scare: But, I think shoulders are going to be just as successful as first hip.

Hope your pups and life are all great!
 
@Me2 Sheryl, glad your shoulders are doing so well, like hip number one. Yay!!! I hope your :horseriding:is doing well, too!
 
:dancy:@MajorHeidi fantastic to hear from you again and that you have the forgotten hip.I am so pleased for you Claire.Sorry to hear about your cranky knee and I hope you are able to find a solution to avoid more surgery.Have you tried injections ? Great news about the hip
Hi @Kim22 Good to hear from you!
I hope to one day have 'the forgotten knee' as well as the hip, but it will take a while... The Ortho doctor said I would likely have the knee replaced within one year.
He said first I needed to have the series of Cortisone shots (3 I think), then after that is exhausted, they go to some kind of synthetic gel injections ( 3 I think), then physical therapy....
The PT can be in some other order in the process, but the surgery won't be until all other options are exhausted.
I guess that makes sense.
How about you? How are you doing? I think you had your second hip after I went dark with my forgotten hip.
Are you happy? I hope so.... :flwrysmile:
I am happy Claire thank you.It's over six months since I had my second hip replaced and three years for the first.I really love being able to walk pain free and being active again.I am able to play with my two small grandsons and have gone back to Pilates.Life is good.We are travelling to Spain tomorrow and visiting Granada, this will be my first city break with two good hips and can't wait.So glad all is well with your hip and I hope that the synthetic gel injections and PT help your knee.
 
Congrats to you @MajorHeidi wooohoooo..:loveshwr:.Can you believe how fast our 2 years have gone by?? I hit my 2 year on the 30th....Never looking back...feeling amazing. Wondering how all of "our" April 2014 peeps are doing...All my best..Sue :)
:flwrysmile:
 
@Sue629 It sure is hard to believe that its been two years for us in the April cadre.
Wow for all us! It sure sounds like you are doing super and that's awesome ! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
 
Hi Claire @MajorHeidi
Congrats on your forgotten hip! Shame about your cranky knee (I'm the same on that score too).
These new hips are so fabulous aren't they? You never think you will be at the stage where you hardly know you've had one....
Hope life is being good to you & your doggies.
My little Ruby is doing well & will be a year old next week.... She's gorgeous & thanks to my new hip I can walk her out (even though the knee lets me know it's there)
Putting on a picture of her....
[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!


So glad to hear your good news!
Love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Hoppy Nanny Great to hear from you!
Glad you are doing well, and being happy. :yes!:

Ruby is just simply beautiful. What a stunner!
I know you both enjoy those walks together.
:puppysmooze:
xxoo
Claire
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom