Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@waterman1 Good to see you! My back is just fine most of the time. It did refer some pain into the groin
which scared me. PT showed me stretches to do which made it go away. It just made me realize that just because my hip is all good now, doesn't necessarily mean other things won't come along. Hope you are doing well!
 
@Me2 Hi there!
You're a trooper Sheryl.
Hey on the numb area on the thigh, mine disappeared sometime awhile back; it must have been
slow and gradual. Not there now; probably left around 7 months? I think yours will go away, too.

Glad you are horseback riding and enjoying that!
 
@MajorHeidi, I was reading your page one, what a memory now, huh. I forgot you and I were that close on surgery dates back last April, very cooooool! So how is your hip? My left one has bothered me a little lately, where I toss and turn a few times at night. Had to take an Aleve yesterday, first pill in a while. Can't figure it out just yet, thinking it may be the pole barn I built, or the ATV ride the other day maybe, what do you think?
 
Hi @waterman1 Yes, you have a good sense of humor!
Been out fishing lately?
Shoveling some snow here in Virginia, but luckily not much.
So you and I both have some good ol' DDD. I would think every now and then it might refer some
pain down to the hip. (Mine did to the right groin; also I have heard others say in the back of the thigh, too). So it might not be your ATV bouncing, though it is likely. :heehee:
 
@MajorHeidi, so very funny :) you are. Yes, I have the triple D and the severe spinal stenosis. Went to the back surgeon about it all a few years ago and he said go get your hips replaced see how you feel before he would go any further with me. So, I did and now my back only hurts when I do dumb things like I brought up earlier. The stenosis seems non existent as well, I can walk for miles now. I can usually tell if its back pain, but now you say your back pain is in the groin of all places, that's probably my problem, also. I knew one chat with you would fix me right up...
 
@waterman1 Oh , the DDD to groin pain ..... It went away with PT showing me stretches.
Hamstring stretch; lie on back roll both knees to one side for 30 seconds then switch to other side is very good;
lie on back put knee to chest for 30 seconds one knee at a time. switch. Plank for as long as can hold it.
Those seemed most useful.
 
OK, I will give them a try. You doing OK, how are the hips? Feels good to come back to the ole website and chat with old friends. I guess we are still in recovery, right?
 
@waterman1 Yes, great to talk with you again! You always made me smile.
All in all , my hip is doing great! I am very happy with IT!!!
Can walk all I want, doing aerobics, step class sometimes.... I was afraid of doing planks for the longest
time afterward, but got over that fear that the hip would fall apart and building up more time doing those full arm extended. Its been successful, gosh and we are about 10 and a half months out coming up to a year......
 
Yes, it is almost a year -- I'm getting used to the back ache just being a part of life I guess -- I did just so enjoy the I idea that I was pain free and hoped that way for life. Silly me! BUT sososo very much better than a year ago!
 
@Me2 Probably during our grandparents time, we would not be as lucky as we are now.
I imagine we would be sitting in a chair with a blanket by the fireplace. Ugh.
We are so fortunate to be where we are now!
 
You are absolutely right.

I just am a little miffed that I somehow got the osteoarthritis gene :tantrum2:. My Mom age 84 can dance circles around me, and up to my surgeries, my dad at age 94, walked much better than me. Yea me! Seriously, I am doing so very much better than a year ago --- just going back to threads to check on where I was last year.

Sounds like the stretches/exercises that work for you are quite similar to mine -- What is "planking" though?
 
You and I have the same OA gene, girlfriend! @Me2
Google: Plank exercise. Like doing a military pushup with full arms; holding for 15 seconds to start then increasing to 30 , then 60 seconds, etc. It strengthens the core bigtime.
There is an alternate position for the plank with the arms below the elbows resting on the floor.
Either way is a challenge.
I think we will have stretching exercises to do for the rest of our lives. But, that's ok.
:tiredwheel:
 
Yes, it's definitely okay with me! I am having successes with stretches and swimming. I feeling back in control and rather enjoy that as well as having good reason to go to gym and swim.

Back is still achy and painful at times but it has helped hearing from so many here that share my misery. I guess it's so true that misery loves company.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey @MajorHeidi , @Me2 Bout time I checked in on some hip buddies. Sorry to hear about the back issues. I can relate to them. I have a few bulged disks and a bit of stenosis. Hasn't bothered me since recovering from the hip though. And yes Sheryl misery does love company or at least an understanding ear to listen. :cheers:
 
Hey @JoeL good to hear a hello from you!
Trying to dodge the snow yet again and ca n't wait for the spring...
Had the flu... Trying to kick the bronchitis now. Errrrr
You doing well ?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hang in there @MajorHeidi . Spring is about to spring, as for the flu and bronchitis I agree, yuck! As for me I'm doing good. For the most part I don't give any thought to my new hip :snork: just have a little muscle soreness here and there and a little skin numbness (rarely even notice it) on the side of my thigh that is slowly resolving. I walk as I want, I can bend, put on my socks, tie my shoes etc.. without all sorts of painful maneuvering. And it's getting close to the one year mark.:egypdance:
 
@MajorHeidi Hi, Claire. Just popping in to say hello. Hope things are going well for you. I am heading out for a bone scan this morning to see if they can figure out my thigh pain. Of course, it's been feeling better the last week. Isn't that the way? Hopefully it is going away! Time will tell.
You are coming up on your year anniversary, too. I can't believe it's been a year for us, can you? Have a great day.
 
@Dmcfad2 Hi Debbie!
I hope your bone scan goes well today for you and that thigh pain goes away.
I have some light thigh pain that occurs when I rise from having bent down to get something low (like off the floor or reaching into bottom cabinet). When I rise to full standing position, it always feels like a release from having moved too far. (Hard to describe; I just live with it as 'the new normal'). Do you have this?

My one yr OS appt is April 9.
I know I have L4/L5 back arthritis that can refer pain to the thigh.
Its funny that its probably now caused by the back rather than the hip, but it would sure be nice
to not have any of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom