THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MajorHeidi Hello my dear, wanted to stop by and see how you are doing, and it seems that all is, well better than good!!! So glad that things are going great for you!! I am doing good myself, 4 months out and have been doing a lot of yard work at the home we just bought. Things just continue to get better as time goes by, aren't we a blessed bunch of folks to have had this miracle of modern science to make our lives better!! Love u!!
 
@MajorHeidi.....Hi there...just picked up your post...sorry didn't reply to tag, am on hols in Portugal and WiFi is not the best. You've no need to worry about the stiffness..it goes on for some considerable time....I'm now 9 months post op and still, sometimes , there is a little stiffness. I found glute squeezes before getting up to walk helped....once you've covered a few yards the stiffness eases up. Just to say I've just been on a boat trip, walked up hundreds of stairs whilst the boat was jogging about, jumped, yes jumped, from one boat to another too. Last year I was in a wheelchair and could do nothing, this time around my new hip is doing me proud! You will get there Claire but that stiffness is certainly going to be with you for some time....but not forever! Take care...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Wow @mystikfairy61 and @Hoppy Nanny your posts brought tears to my eyes. For your happiness!!!

Donna, so happy about your new home, and all the work you are able to do in the yard, and enjoying your new life there! That is just so sweet! I'm glad we got to know each other here.
xo

Chrissie, your trip in Portugal sounds delightful, and hearing about all the things you are able to do that
you could NOT do before just makes my day! Jumping from boat to boat! Oh my!!!
Glad to know that the stiffness problem will ultimately resolve itself.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday my friend!
xo
 
Glad to see your doing well @MajorHeidi, all the best to you. I have been tied up with a project that keeps me from surfing the forum. Have a break this weekend and thought I would catch up. I get started reading posts and then look up an hour later and panic that I went ADD and have to bring my head back to my work. Cheers


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@MajorHeidi Still tentative with my first few steps in the morning, sometimes I think it's habit-those old habits do die hard. Happy to see that all is well with you:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi there @Lmflora and @teakea66
Good to see you, and thanks for stopping by!
Glad you both are doing well, and happy..... :happydance:
I am learning ways to mitigate the stiffness on standing, which I am happy to hear does go away with time.
:friends:
 
@MajorHeidi You are doing marvelous my dear! Putting on your own socks and shoes. Pure Bliss! I can't wait to be able to do that especially tie my own shoes. Thanks for your continued updates. It gives me something to look forward to. :happydance:
 
Today is my 9 week anniversary.
Wow, has it been that long?
I am a happy camper, and am doing well.
My parents came to visit for my birthday yesterday, and my dad did comment on 'you need to lose weight'
Ugh.....
Nothing about 'oh you are walking great now'..... oh well.
Doin' the best I can.....
Today I walked 3 miles, and did an hour of water aerobics/breast stroke in pool; after 45 mins of PT.
I think I am doing great! Yeah, I could lose a few pounds! Its always somethin'
 
Claire @MajorHeidi you are doing so well and don't let your Dad get you down - I am sure he is very proud of you and it's just a 'Dad' thing. 3 mile walk and water aerobics is outstanding!!! I so hope I can do half of waht you are doing when my turn comes up!!!!
 
@MajorHeidi you are doing great……all your energy is going into healing and getting well. Wow so impressed with all your exercising….stay a happy camper…..you are doing great. Don't let anyone derail you.

Belated Happy Birthday….:loveshwr::flwrysmile::wowspring:
 
@MajorHeidi Can I just say that I wanna be like you!! Sounds like you are definitely doing well. Is the stiffness letting up when you first get up?
 
Goodness me Claire that's a lot of exercise for 9 weeks!! Please, please don't overdo it...I know (I remember) that you feel you should be conquering the world now.........but....it's still early days!! And as for that throw away comment about weight...well!! You've had THR and needed to recuperate....time for losing weight later.......in my case....much later!! Still got that 14lbs hanging around!! Take care...Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks for stopping by and replying @fulafoto @psychteach @Hdold @LadyJune @Hoppy Nanny !

LadyJune, the stiffness upon standing will just be a longer term thing; not really a big deal at all.
Chrissie, you always put things in perspective. thanks for that!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad, and to all Dad's out there. You are important to us, and loved!
 
Well done @MajorHeidi You are doing really well.Many of us struggle with weight gain due to long periods of inactivity thanks to the arthritis pain in the hip but you are very active already and that will help shift some pounds
 
@MajorHeidi Claire you sound like the way I was at 9 weeks. Be careful, I did get some residual soreness afterward. Be sure to rest and ice after those workout sessions. Otherwise sounds like you are doing marvelous!! keep up the good work!!
 
Thanks @Kim22 and @mystikfairy61 !

Kim, I like your kitty avatar. cute!

Donna, great reminder on the ice. I need to get those icepacks out don't I?
Hope you are enjoying your new home. Hugs!
 
:sneaker:Hi Claire~~~ just taking a few moments to see some friends --- wow, I'm jealous of all the walking and exercise! Its busy time of year for me but just a few more days, and I will be heading into summer.

Happy Birthday (just a tad late)!
 
Hi Sheryl! @Me2
Great to hear from you!
I'm doing well overall , but am having a setback right now.
I developed acute bronchitis (with a terrible hacking cough), and am now on day 2 of a 10 day
course of antibiotics (Levaquin).
This is scary to me, as I hope the infection is limited and goes away.

How are your kiddos you work with?
Has your other hip calmed down yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom