Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine Can you comment on acute bronchitis and if I should be worried about infection please?
See my post above.... thanks!
 
@MajorHeidi Sorry you aren't feeling well. :(
I asked my doctor this, as I had a nasty bout of bronchitis last fall that lasted for weeks. He said respiratory infections were less likely to cause an infection in the joint than other types of infections, like an infection from dental work.
 
@Josephine ... thanks for replying. I need to ask you to clarify so I understand.
My acute bronchitis (possibly bacterial as I have had these before) with ABX Levaquin should not
be a cause of concern for me right now, right?

So I can just take the pills, and not worry? Please advise. Thanks!!!
 
It is not a problem as far as your new hip is concerned
 
@MajorHeeidi, congratulations. We are twins. I had my hip replaced this morning. I'm glad you are doing so well and have no true hip pain. I look forward to following your recovery.
 
Greetings! I hope you are feeling better ~~ bronchitis is tough but hopefully just that ~~ funny(?) how infection seems like such a scary thing now. :scare:

My kids are doing great - we are in full summer mode, lots of time outside. First year in many that I can almost keep up with them, hiking, gardening, swimming, dancing, so much better. The more I can do with surgical hip the more the other hip protests, aches, and the back still hurts. Debating how long I want to wait. Its not really "that bad." At least not the awful "Quasimodo limp." Yet. :rolleyes: The demons in my head are gone fortunately. If not for them, I would happily schedule for Fall so as not to lose any more of my life. :nah: I go back in for 12 week post op next week so .....
 
@Me2 Glad those demons are now gone. Hope they do not come back ever. :bolt:

My insurance turned out to not be as good as I thought it would be. Meaning I have a huge out of
pocket expense of $6500 or so..... Of course, anything else in this calendar year is free.
Hope your insurance is less of a hit than mine.
I would think if my other hip acted up, it would be free. Ha!

Its good to hear you are enjoying the summer and all the things to do. :dancy:
 
That's a bummer. I thought that about my other hip ... It bothers me and I thought... If I get it done this year, it wouldn't cost be anything! But, I'm not quite ready for that. :)
 
Ughhh:( I think I am loving my HMO right about now. I can only use certain doctors that are on plan...But I was so so happy with my surgeon.. It really was not an issue. Sorry Claire.. But I am sure it is well worth it to be out of pain and get your life back:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Claire...How are you...I was just thinking ....lol I am forgetting how many weeks out I am...that's how wonderful I feel.....Sure it still feels stiff sometimes....but I can do anything now.....walking... riding my bike.:biking:....all the house stuff that was once a struggle....I*am so HAPPY!!!! This weekend my pond needs cleaning and I plan to jump in LOL....Ahh this is good....I have my life back with no pain....It's the best gift .:yes!:....I hope you feel the same...xo:SUNsmile:
 
Oh @chaseyboy love love love your update!
You are doing so awesome and have your wonderful life back!
:loveshwr:
I am doing well overall.
Got a case of bronchitis going right now.... On antibiotic Levaquin.
Bummer on the drug: means I can't go to pool (sunlight) or walk much (tendon damage possibility)
but should be done with them in 5 days.
I feel like I am getting better.

My only complaint is stiffness upon standing.
Doing PT to strengthen knees and basic hip stuff.

I return to work July 5. (I think that's right) wow... so long with not working I haven't looked at calendar
in a while.... ha!

I am so glad to hear from you, and know that you are so happy.
:yes!:
 
Ug on the $6500 bill! I was quite pleased when I found everything was covered when I called in the beginning of the year -- just paid the $200 yearly deductible . . . plus the $20 copays for the bunches of OS I saw before I found one I liked and PCP, etc. Then I was crushed that I got a statement from insurance saying the toilet seat and walker -- that they insisted I had to have and that I never ever used not even once -- was not covered and was going to cost a @$%$#% $600! I have an old house, and I knew my toilet seats were high and that I had hand holds near most (they are normal toilets but I have lots of little ones around). Old house also has narrow doorways, too narrow for walker to fit easily through. Oh well, I guess I now own the most expensive bucket (nice lid) for mopping and clothes hanger ever! But $600 isn't $6500. OUCH!

Hmm . . . . maybe I should get other hip done this calendar year. :scare: :heehee:
 
Hi @MajorHeidi thanks for your comment on my procedure. I hope it calms down. My knee does look smaller a bit. I can't believe how sore it is though. Id been reading how others have had this procedure done and they were ok! Maybe tomorrow?

How is your hip doing now? Oh boy $6,500, I'd've passed out with a bill like that. However, a very dear friend of mine says that you cannot put a price on your health!

By the way I love your thread title xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Our health is the most vauable thing we have . Money is nice to have to help us reach our goal of being well and out of pain. Take care and remember to go slow.
 
Hi @Poppet
I have been taking antibiotic Levaquin for 5 days now..... Still have bronchitis.
This is a ten day course of ABX. Hope it resolves the bronchitis by then.
Else, it may be viral.
 
I hear you.. I had a very bad bout pneumonia early in the year.. So debilitating.. Check out my article on lemons in the nutritional library :) xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom