THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chaseyboy I always love hearing from you!
I so agree with you on this recovery, and what we are fortunate enough to go on and be able to
experience and live our lives now. :loveshwr:
So glad we are both happy and healthy! :dancy:
 
@VF Glad you are driving now, too; and doing great!
Continued best wishes on your super recovery! Enjoy that Florida sun! :SUNsmile:
 
:sneaker:Allowing myself some time to check in on friends . . . how are you?
 
Hi @Me2 thanks for stopping by and checking in.....

Today is about 6.5 weeks.
New milestone: Today I clipped my toenails holding the foot flat on the floor. Couldn't do it with foot on knee yet....
No longer experiencing horrible morning stiffness before I get out of bed. Whew....
Glad that is over! :ok:

Walking a lot; and very comfortable with it. Gait is normal; don't use cane anymore.
Upped my Fitbit to 6500 steps and 4 miles daily.
Working toward 10000 steps and 6 miles daily.

Probably go back to work after 10 complete weeks off. Have been certified for 12.
I could go back, but am using the time for walking, ROM, swimming, etc to strengthen my physical self.

I still worry obsessively too much about dislocation.
I wish that would go away and ease off, but doubt it will.

Hope all BS buddies are doing well, and are happy.
 
That's wonderful news Claire. I'm really pleased that you mdae it at last. :yes!:
It feels good, doesn't it....?!
Now you just have to build your strength up again.
 
@MajorHeidi Hi Claire, I'm doing O.K. back at work five hour days for next week or two. Tires me out. Oh well, been warned about energy drain. Walking more, up over the half mile mark. Put on my own socks now. Been awhile since I did that without contorting myself into some unatural position. :SUNsmile: Still use a cane outside alot, but not inside and I keep forgetting where I put it.
 
Today is about 6.5 weeks.
New milestone: Today I clipped my toenails holding the foot flat on the floor. Couldn't do it with foot on knee yet....
No longer experiencing horrible morning stiffness before I get out of bed. Whew....
Glad that is over! :ok:

Walking a lot; and very comfortable with it. Gait is normal; don't use cane anymore.
Upped my Fitbit to 6500 steps and 4 miles daily.
Working toward 10000 steps and 6 miles daily.

Probably go back to work after 10 complete weeks off. Have been certified for 12.
I could go back, but am using the time for walking, ROM, swimming, etc to strengthen my physical self.


4 miles a day? That is awesome! Yanno, maybe I need to rethink my declining a conference in September.
My surgery is scheduled for July 15, and the conference is September 15 - two months later. I sure would like to go...I just hate to commit and then have to back out if something happens. :chinstroke:
 
Hi @Chessie
I would say it depends on where you conference will be. Do you have to fly? Can you drive there?
I would not be flying that soon thereafter...... perhaps if you could break up a driving trip to give your legs
time to stretch and mitigate blood clots.
 
For the record....
I have a Stryker titanium implant, ceramic ball with polyethylene liner to a titanium cup.
 
Hey Claire....so happy to see how well you are doing!!!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't have the morning stiffness, just after I sit a while and then get up and when I keep overdoing stuff!!! You go girl!!!
 
Brian!!!
@Plumberbutt So long it has been!
I am so glad to hear from you! you have been doing great from the get-go!
:dancy:
How are those neat looking Oreos?
 
Hi @Chessie
I would say it depends on where you conference will be. Do you have to fly? Can you drive there?
I would not be flying that soon thereafter...... perhaps if you could break up a driving trip to give your legs
time to stretch and mitigate blood clots.


Well I would have to fly...it's in New Orleans and I wouldn't want to drive. Hmmmm...you make a good point. See I never would have thought about that - glad this forum is here! :)
 
So glad all is going do well @MajorHeidi. So glad you have got the time off work to get the best recovery...it is so worth it in the end. Honestly, you will forget about the risk of dislocation ....it just takes time. I really don't even give it a thought now. Try and enjoy the time you have off because once you're back......you're back....and then you will wish you had made the most of this down time. Keep up the great recovery. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom