Guest viewing is limited

THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Poppet
Thanks for directing me to your article on Lemons! I read it; very informative.... :SUNsmile:
I will go squeeze a whole lemon into my tea this afternoon.
Thanks!
 
Hey @JoeL what a great idea.... I hadn't thought of either of those!
You're right. I will look into that.
How are you doing? How is work treating you???
 
Work is going fine. Second full week. I get a little sore sometimes when I drive too much. Usually I drive about 30ish miles a day, sometimes I drive as much as fifty miles. Chicago is a big city ya know. LOL. So I stop at a construction site when I need a walk and a stretch. Still a little intermittent thigh pain when I walk too long without my stick but I don't care I'd rather keep using the stick as needed than risk any of the dreaded ITB and other issues. But my soreness is nothing a little ice, elevation and tylenol haven't been able to fix. I'm rather lucky in my work in that I'm fairly autonomous in what I do, I get stacks of plans and pretty much figure out how I want to administer things. Oh and I actually rode a bicycle last week. Only a mile but something I haven't done in years. :) Well thats my rather verbose response for today. Thanks for asking.
 
@MajorHeidi Just catching up with you. I wanted to say that you are doing terrific with all the walking and exercises you have been doing. Way to go! I am sorry to hear about the bronchitis. Here is hoping it is gone in a few days.
 
@Josephine I need your help please.
I think I have a problem.
I had direct anterior THR on April 10, so I am 10 weeks out now.
I have two puncture wounds (used for computer aided surgery) above the 4 inch incision.
The incision scar looks ok and seems nicely healed.

One of the puncture wounds now seems to have a piece of fishing line material
coming out of the top of it. Its a tiny amount, but I can feel it, and I don't like it...

Neither of these two puncture wounds seems to be healing beyond dropping the scabs at week 6.
I will attach a picture. Sorry if TMI.... Thankyou!

[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!
 
Yeah I read recently that stitches sometimes rise to surface.. Can't remember where I read it but I believe Josephine said that:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
"fishing line"?? How you denigrate the scientifically produced sutures we use! :heehee:

Yes, it happens occasionally. On of the internal sutures wasn't cut properly when they stitched up that wound and it was left a little over-long allowing it to rise to the surface. It needs to be attended to by your surgeon or his PA who will trim it with sterile scissors so the wound can heal properly. The suture material is dissolving so it will be okay deep inside the wound but once it is exposed to the air and dries, that bit won't dissolve.
 
@MajorHeidi I am so pleased it seems to be an issue that can be resolved easily ….. we are so lucky to have @Josephine to help us out when we feel scared. Let us know how it turns out….
 
So glad you managed to get an answer from Josephine that will ease your mind Claire ......all these things that can crop up and do crop up.....ugh. Hope you manage to get it done quickly...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Got an urgent appt with OS tomorrow to observe the wound/stitch , and determine what needs to be done with it.
Went to GP today; have a slight fever. boo.....
He changed my antibiotic to another type since the first did not work; plus added prednisone, and codeine.
 
Bronchitis sucks Claire!!!! Watch the prednisone....I know it is a GREAT drug, but that is what the OS thought was the cause of my AVN. Take care and hope you feel better soon!!
 
@Plumberbutt , were you on long term prednisone? My OS tried me on the short term dose to reduce swelling, which isn't supposed to cause AVN. Just wondering, cuz AVN is one of my diagnoses.
 
I had it for as long as 2 weeks due to my asthma.....it is the only reason he thought since I had no accidents and it is bilateral AVN. Who knows??
 
Hope they get that errant stitch sorted @MajorHeidi.
I had chest infection in May.....had prednisone for week ( short term Claire it does no damage, only long term use).... Plus antibiotics....that didn't clear it up so had another round of antibiotics.....that did the trick but had it for four weeks ...it was quite a persistent infection. Trying now to get tummy right after those antibiotics..yuck...they play havoc with my stomach! Hope you manage to get something to get rid of the bronchitis soon. Let us know how it goes....Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
The PA put on gloves, sterilized the area, and pulled out the 'fishing line' suture that had been trying to
get out.
He did tell me to stay out of the pool for a week. RATS on that. :chinstroke:

But, I am happy it was just a 'common' easy thing that he said 'not to worry about'.
:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom