THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent news about the walk, Claire!
I really do think that us Sping hippies chose the right time. Just seeing all the flowers coming out certainly encourages me to keep walking outside. It appears to be the best therapy.:flwrysmile:
 
Yes @Poppet Thanks so much for the Nordic Walking info. I have bought the poles and they are sitting here
waiting for me to pop them open and use them. I will ask the OS on my Day 14 post op appt coming up if I can start using them then...... I really see this as a great thing for me; we have lots of asphalt hills in my community and trails for walking (asphalt), too. I will be using the special tips for the asphalt roads.
:walking:
 
Hi @Me2 Yes Sheryl, still laughing at both our DH's giving 'us' tractor gifts. :rofsign:
@fulafoto Bill -> Glad you found that errant stitch. haha.... EEEEK!
@shrinkette Ellen, Good to hear from you that you are getting more walking in, and a pedi at home.
That sounds good! Hope that numb foot eases up soon for you. I'm glad all of us are recuperating here in Spring, and summer will be nice to look forward to.
Hi @Dmcfad2 I hope you get that OS appt soon, so you can drive around again. :driver:
 
Just stopping by to see how you're doing and im delighted to see you're doing incredibly well! Love that you are out walking already and enjoying the beautiful weather...it is so good for the spirit to be out there in the sunshine!

Keep up the great work!
Pam
 
Hi @AndisMom Pam!
I bet its pretty in Tennessee right now, too! :flwrysmile:

I'm kinda bored at the moment to be honest. Never thought I would say that. Ha
 
It does get boring Claire @MajorHeidi doesn't it? That Nordic walking sounds great. I'm thinking of new activities to take up next year. I'm thinking tennis, golf and now maybe Nordic walking!!!!!

I think you are going great and your scar that you posted in 'badges of honour' is a nice little size

I found a new app that wastes lots of time and is addictive.....2048!!!!!!
 
13 Days Post Op:
Mr. PT and I walked a lovely quarter of a mile again on this gorgeous day.
He gave me some new standing exercises to do today.
Knee raise, side leg raise, knee back hammer curl, squats all holding on to kitchen counter.
Tomorrow I go to 2 week OS appt.
Hope everyone has a nice day today! :SUNsmile:
 
2 weeks already! How time flies! (Eye roll)


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Vetgirl I was looking at that 2048 app, but I don't get how it works. What is the point of the game? I might download it, but I need to understand what you are supposed to do with those numbers. @MajorHeidi I hope you don't mind me asking this on your thread!
 
Post Op Day 14 --> 2 Week Appt with OS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
XRays were taken, OS said they looked good. :yay:
Told to use cane; may use no cane if no limp. :yes!:
I can drive next week at 3 weeks. :happydance:
Use Cocoa butter and/or Vitamin E on the incision to heal the scar.
TEDs for 2 more weeks
Aspirin for 4 more weeks
Stop Iron today. Whew!
Continue in house PT with focus on abduction exercises
Avoid doing any forward leg lifts or leg flexion to prevent irritation of tendon in the groin for 6 weeks
Precautions discontinued. :SUNsmile:
Life long restrictions: No jogging, running, jumping. No lifting over 50 lbs or push/pull over 50 lbs.

I think those life long restrictions are very doable. I am not about to jog anymore as that really harmed my
body in numerous areas with OA.

Upright exercise bike is okay now; wait til 6 weeks on recumbent bike.
No pool yet; wait til 6 weeks on pool.
All in all, today was a great day! I really couldn't be happier. :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom