THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said they staple your skin to place sterile drapes over the surrounding area. He said they 'usually' are removed with the drape, but apparently I had a straggler staple.
Thought that might be the case. You don't need to post the pic in that case.

Stapling the drapes is done to secure the sterile field. Much better than to risk getting a wound infection! In the olden days we used to use cross action towel clips which would really puncture the skin and often - so I was told - could be more painful than the wound itself!

That might have been more information than you wanted to know! But on the other hand, it's always good to know how much worse it could have been 30 years ago! :heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
wow, on the staple you found, @MajorHeidi ! Good thing you got that cleared up with the doc, though. Def keep an eye out for redness and infection.
 
Wow- such a good thing you found it removed it ....and now know what it was! Swift advice from the BoneSmarties:D:) keep an eye on it and hope it heals fine
hope you have a good day , it is pouring with rain here- sky is dark grey.
Happy Easter!
Gill

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
 
Sooo glad you found that. Wow. Almost at the 1 week countdown Yeah


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@MajorHeidi was just thinking about you today and hoping you are having a wonderful Easter Sunday with your loved ones, and that you haven't found any more stray staples!

Happy Easter! What a beautiful day in our part of the world!
Pam
 
@AndisMom You are right it is a gorgeous day today in our little neck of the woods! Enjoy!
I hope all our Bonesmart buddies have a delightful Easter. :loveshwr:
 
@Sue629 Hi Sue,
Where is your preop thread, girl?
With ten days to go..... you should have one! :whistle:
 
Day 11 Post Op:
Did a really nice quarter mile walk with PT guy today in the spring sun.
Lots of blooming trees and pretty colors.
DH bought us a tractor today to mow the foot high grass; also got a cart, snow blade, and mulcher attachments.
Woohoo!
 
@MajorHeidi You are cruising right along!! So happy for you and how well you are doing!! It sounds sooo pretty where you are right now....I do love that area. Keep it up girlfriend!!! Glad your hubby got to go get himself some "toys"!! Sounds like fun.
 
So happy that things are going well for you Claire- enjoy the spring, it has been a long winter. Too bad you didn't have that snow blade sooner. Absolutely wonderful implement!
 
Yay....I finally found your thread again @MajorHeidi I was looking for it the other data and couldn't find it and for some reason am not getting alerts!!!

Anyway...I'm so glad to find you well and recovering and even enjoying the sunshine

We use those towel/ drape clips on some drapes and Josephine is right the punctures they leave can be pretty nasty. Us nurses hate the vets using them....we feel sorry for the animals Must have been a shock though to find a staple!!!

Glad your dogs are being sweet to you....I knew they would

Keep up the great work xxx
 
Hi there @Hdold !
Thanks for your kind thoughts, I appreciate them. :yes:
Are you excited about your surgery and getting things all ready for it? How are you feeling?
:flwrysmile:
 
I love that your DH bought a new tractor for (I notice the) "us". For celebrating the new hip? ;-). My DH bought "us" a new tractor last fall - even had it delivered on my birthday! Men and their toys.


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow -- Claire, you're a star! Walked 1/4 mile at 11 days out! So jealous: PTtook me out today & I walked down path to driveway, driveway to sidewalk, & almost to my second neighbor's house before I cried uncle. I'm trying to build endurance, which I never really had, but don't have pain holding me back now -- just that darn old numbness , which is just SO uncomfortable when walking. I think sneakers make it feel worse!

And then I walked with PT around kitchen & foyer with a cane, not touching him.
And later we went out to eat at place with a longish approach to their seating hostess & then table, after crossing parking lot. Lotta walking for me today .. maybe why my knee on op side aches a bit tonight. Yup -- ice to the rescue.

Big event tomorrow: After : 3+ months, I'm finally getting my pedicure -- at home!! I need it desperately & it'll be easier here because of the numbness issues; the privacy is important to me right now. Can't wait to get those claws chipped!!!

Glad you found that errant staple & that it wasn't something more serious. Keep up the great progress -- doing terrifically.

Ellen
 
Geez Claire!!!! Just catching up - a staple hey? I had a surgical procedure several years ago to do with birth control - 6 weeks later I still had stinging - went back to Dr who with a laugh said Ooops - look what I forgot - a stitch still in 'there'
It is truly magnificent that you did a 1/4 mile walk - you are dong brilliantly Claire!!!!! And so nice of your DH to share his new toy with you!!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom