Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jhcompliance just saying hi to you via my thread...being lazy. I'm sitting up in bed in rehab on day 1here (don't count arrival last night) watching local news and catching up on BS. How r you going? I'll drop over to your thread today n get up to speed. Cheers Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie,
Glad to hear you're settle in at rehab. I hope you have good therapists. I only have one more session with Danny Boy, then I'll go to an out-patient facility.:happydance:
Be Well,
Karen
 
Hi Maggie
I loved my walker first couple of days in hospital as I hung all my clothes over it that I needed after showering etc. Didn't look back after going to crutches, except for missing it as a clothes hoist!:rotfl:
 
Hi Diane I realised that thw walker i had was set too low...I had it adjusted and now it us fine. I've got one here in rehab and like you I have discovered how good it is as a towel rail or clothes horse. Sitting in bed w ice sipping real coffee waiting for physios to come and get me. Feeling a lot better today afyer my melt down last night....overtired and in pain does that to a girl. Chat later Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Glad your settled in Maggie, I trust they are taking good care of you at the rehab center. Make sure you get lots of rest and ice. Sipping coffee is always nice and it kind of makes me want to go get one right now. Take care Maggie, I hope your night was restful and pain free.
 
Thanks Harry. Just posted 2u on Vinny's thread....just a little dig.
Settling in here and have a knee buddy in the next bed who I met at hospital so that is nice. Take care of you Maggie x
 
Those numbers are great, Maggie! I'm still not getting straight enough.

I found comfort in the solidity of the walker at first. Oh, I see you had it adjusted for height and it better. That would do it!

Moving right along!
 
Meltdowns aren't uncommon. For my first few weeks I had a very short fuse, and really weird inexplicable emotions. Glad you're safe and have all the assistance you can stand!
 
Maggie, you'll be dancing in no time. Enjoy your time in rehab and take it easy on the twins. Glad you found a knee buddy there.
 
Help please

Hey Smarties does any one have a solution for sore heels.... Pressure point as a result of lying and sleeping on my back. Hurties..ouch

Maggie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@maggie. Only thing I can't think of is a couple of small rolled up towels (one each leg) under lower calves to raise heels off bed??


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Maggie
Try rubbing moisturizer cream in or get nurses to help. You could try hanging heels over edge of pillow to give some pressure. I use ice up to the heel that I get plantar facilitis and although can be painful that does give some help
Diane
 
Hi Maggie ...good to see you have settled into rehab on the next leg of your journey(pun intended)...it looks like everyone has a different take on walkers,crutches,canes,sticks ,meds,PT and all other things to help our recovery..although we are all united that ICE is our friend....we all have to adapt to our situation as I hated the walker and found I was just carrying it around,the crutches dug into my armpits(not adjusted) and the cane enabled me to slowly regain my balance ..we are all different....I have an aversion to narcotic pain meds due to my own issues and ,thankfully did not need them....probably all related to my desire for independence. You are doing great and are certainly ahead of the curve ...maybe one of the physios can rub your heels as @Sudibar suggests although it is most likely related to being in bed for longer periods than you are used to...if you have a therapist who is an Adam Scott lookalike perhaps he could rub your feet or do they all look like US TSA agents?....Go Girl..

Vinny
 
Thank you all. Have a fabulous night nurse who massaged sorbelene into my heels then went ad my room is and I a mug of tea.....bliss
 
Bless you Maggie...I'll have some of whatever you're on.....:spin: but I realise it's probably just that d.... d predictive text :yahoo:
 
Garbled....note to drugged brain...read before posting

.....then went and made my room is and I a mug of tea....
 
Not to worry Maggie as we have all been reading @Legin post and can translate just about anything....sweet dreams...although you are probably having breakfast....

Vinny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom