Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG - I hate that heel pain, why did no one warn us of this?! I have taken to sleeping with a king size pillow that runs from upper thigh to my foot - if my heel starts to hurt I tug it up just a bit so it hangs off and that solves it. So far I've only been sleeping on my back other than short side sleeps, I leave the ice machine on all night so its just more comfy all around if I lay on my back.

As to the emotions...yikes, it's too funny - my husband brought me delicious brisket for dinner on Sunday and I seriously had to battle tears because he didn't bring any pickles. Swear. LOL- this surgery is not for wussies!
 
Wait a minute @TexasTee ..tears ! No pickles ? Craving for pickles..ice cream? Just sayin....the king sized pillow is what I have used from the beginning as it has enabled me to sleep on either side ...a little tricky to do the turnover but just practice....part of the problem is all the bone bruising that goes on during the procedure hurts if you bang your knees together. ...one of the last things to heal are bone bruises..

Vinny....
 
LOL - no worries over my pickles Vinny! My husband is nearly vegetarian so he has no idea but anyone who knows meat knows that a great smokey Texas bbq brisket needs the briney vinegar of pickles to make it sing. Come to Austin and I'll show you!!
 
Good stuff Maggie~! = ) I am so happy you are doing well, today was my 1 month OS visit- I am doing great, and the OS stated that I am doing terrific as well....

You are so strong, I still use my walker~!!!

much respect...
-chris
 
Hope you are feeling more comfortable with your heels. Holly
 
Thanks Holly. Heels still tender but I have sorbalene to massage into them. How are you going today? Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie - what is sorbalene and does it help? I hadn't tried putting anything on them, just trying not to have them pushing into the mattress all night.
 
Teresa sorbalene (sp) is just a simple creme...I think it is the basis of a lot of moisturizers. Ask the pharmacist... it is a cheap as chips. All she did was a basic foot n heel massage with it. If nothing else a foot massage is always good[emoji3]
 
True enough - I thought it might be an aspirin cream or something. Can't argue with a foot rub!
 
Hey Maggie, I see we're covering varied topics from BBQ Brisket to Foot massages. I never had any issues with my heels probably due to being blessed with Ogre feet. I went out today and bought one of the knee ice packs with compression similar to what you and Vinny have. I have to say I like it quite a bit. How is the swelling and pain coming along? Take care, Harry.
 
Today is 1week since I received my beautiful twin knees. I have decided to call the left one Laverne because she is headstrong and always has an opinion. The right one is Shirley. She is compliant and tries hard to do the right thing. Got a visitor so will have to post more stories of the girls later. Maggie x
 
Back. Got the girls under ice with the nightly drug dose dissipating as I type. Laverne is making herself heard ...she is muttering that she is not happy ... rumblings and mutterings of a poltergeist rebellion. Shirley has done her night routine like a good girl and is tucked up for sleep.
Let's see what tomorrow brings. Win for today was getting pain meds settled plus having deep tissue massage to unlock the poor old hips. Can't believe how good this is. Signing off to go to Nod...Maggie x
 
Sleep well hope you get as best sleep you can

Legin THR Sep 14
 
How does it feel Maggie to have the most difficult part behind you with all of the buildup to the big day....you are doing so well and your attitude no doubt plays a big part.....Best regards to Laverne and Shirley..

Vinny
 
Thank you Vinny. The girls say hi and have both settled in for a snooze.
To answer your question I feel fantastic that week 1 is behind me. Week 2 is next challenge then the reportedly dreaded first 2weeks will be done n dusted.
I continue to marvel at the body's ability to bounce back from what was after all a very brutal attack. Just ticked into a new day here, still the middle of the night, time to try and catch the zzzzzs. Maggie x
 
LOL - love Laverne and Shirley! I hope the three of you get a terrific nights sleep!!
 
Where is Bo-Bo Kitty, Shirley's beloved stuffed cat? Maybe that's the name for the cane? Or the walker? Glad you're doing so well and that your spirits are high Maggie. That makes a huge difference! It's a challenging road ahead, but you're doing great!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom