Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use a grabber, the grabber allowed me to change the day after opp

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin its more with balance while standing and being able to lift each leg up and guide foot thru the leg opening... sometimes its easy sometimes not
 
Oh right I just held on to basin. I. Also used to sit on a bar stool so could sit but less problems getting up to pull things up.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm pretty much back to where I was before with that movement but it's different since I only had one. Also it's very similar to the mechanics to one of my yoga poses, standing wind relieving. This isn't from my studio but it's the same - you could easily do it at home, start standing near something to stabilize in case you need some balance assistance.

broken link removed: https://www.blackswanyoga.tv/channels/video/standing-wind-relieving-pose/94
 
Thanks Teresa - I'll give it a go. BTW so glad that you are right back into your yoga- Mx
 
Nice, hey how come you get hydro. My knee mind is at 111, but then I am only 4/5 weeks out, so I got a ways to go.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
the Girls are porped on the lounge recovering form PT & hydro this afternoon. Pleased to say that Laverne was at 130 and Shirley has come back to 128 (she was 120 last time)

Question - how are you in Smartie Land going with putting on knickers and pants/trousers??? Can you do this standing up or do you need to sit down? Even with ROM putting these garments on is not as easy as "before"... just curious


My left leg was so bowed that standing on one leg was impossible and always had to sit down to do anything...another aha moment the first time I could put my jockey's(can I say that) on standing one leg at a time...thanks for reminding me of that Maggie.. my ROM has steadied at about 130 too...

Vinny
 
I'm pretty much back to where I was before with that movement but it's different since I only had one. Also it's very similar to the mechanics to one of my yoga poses, standing wind relieving. This isn't from my studio but it's the same - you could easily do it at home, start standing near something to stabilize in case you need some balance assistance.

broken link removed: https://www.blackswanyoga.tv/channels/video/standing-wind-relieving-pose/94

@TexasTee ..I never realized I could do a yoga pose all these years...the standing wind relieving that one has always been natural for me....I can even do it on one leg.

Vinny
 
You didn't get one of these nifty sock and hose helpers from you OT in the hospital?
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

I got a bag full of reachers, long shoe horn, grabbers with jaws, shower scrubbers, etc.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know why I bought one of those sock helpers as I never wear socks except to play golf..

Vinny
 
the Girls are 2 days shy of 11 weeks today... so happy with ROM...Laverne is at 131 and Shirley at 130 - I can feel the swelling going down which is giving more flex. Still have pain at night - nothing meds can't fix.

Hope all in BS land are traveling well - cheers Maggie x
 
Can I have one of your girls while you wipe the "knee mind" into shape.. Your ladies seem mor cooperative than my dissident knee.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great numbers Maggie. I did end up on minicycle for a couple of minutes today, hoping weather holds in am, as I would like to try walk at least once around block, (but will use both crutches just to be on safe side.) Had meds tonight and its getting to lights out for me.
Get lots of zzzzzs
Diane
 
Walk around the block sounds like a plan @Sudibar - when you walk try to step out and not take small steps.... part of the whole thing is getting the calf and thigh muscles to build up and work properly (PT advice) - cheers Maggie x
 
Indeed! Yoga is all about mirrors everywhere - the difference between my left and right leg is remarkable...not to worry, some day they will look the same again.

Go girls!! Great ROM! The only time I ice now is right after PT and right when I go to bed - it really is such a terrific pain reliever, isn't it? I put away the polar cube and just use ice packs but I do miss it, particularly now that it's hot!
 
hi @TexasTee Teresa I'm with you re icing in the warmer weather - it has turned nippy here so the ice has not been out of the freezer for a couple of weeks...

Keep up the strengthening and muscle build - you will have matching legs in no time:roseshwr:
 
@Maggie94, I want to know what your regiment was for getting you ROM up to where the are. Are there specific exercises, hydro, special stretches??

Also has your swelling pretty much gone down, thus helping your ROM?

I am frustrated that if I don't get to your level by your recovery time frame, your at 11 weeks, I'm at 5-6 weeks, I might fall into the MUA.group


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom