Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Burfday to the girls ...that movement in the pool with the squat is great for ROM and strength of quads .....what I do In the shower as we have a step that is about 10 inches high..makes shaving legs easier. Not mine as I am au natural

Vinny
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Maggie you live in a wonderful part of the world my hubby and I climbed the Sydney bridge on one of our visits best for us was chartering and sailing a yacht from Hamilton Island we hope to do that again soon as knee allows x
Happy birthday to the girls


20/01/2015
 
@Homeport I have to agree that Australia is a wonderful and very diverse country. I have also climbrd the bridge...well worth it. I'm sure your knee will be happy to take on more travel ...cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Maggie so glad to hear the puppy sitting went well, you must be sad that they are gone. Walking is so good for the knees, I found that my swelling reduced the more I walked and helped loosen up the knee. Have not walked much these past two days due to my stomach virus and pray it doesn't hurt my progress. Have a wonderful evening.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Great report, Maggie! Sounds like Laverne & Shirley are happy & heathy & right on track! When it finally warms up this summer I will use my nephew's pool for informal hydro therapy. Interesting to hear the moves you are doing.

Did you do any formal pt earlier in your recovery? I was telling my therapist about Bonesmart and the various differences in pt in other countries that I've learned about here. He told me that a lot of the rehab therapy we do in the US is based on work in Australia.

@vinny - you need to warn people when you're going to say something funny enough to make them squirt milk through their nose!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
today just got better. Vanessa my friend who owns the dog walking business suggested that if I had nothing on I meet her for a walk with the Kids... ended up being a full work with 7 dogs including my fave Buddy a 3 legged border collie, kelpie, staffie cross - just love his spunk and get up and go. Best medicine in the whole world!!!!:roseshwr::roseshwr:

The Girls were really good walking through the bush section of the park over tree roots and other bits of uneven terrain and stepping thru mud and across a creek... you little beauties - this is the biggest "normal":yes!::yes!:

Those who have commented about the "turning point" around week 10 are spot on - I have felt good for a few days - minimal pain and more sleep. Movin' on up...Maggie x
 
Yaaaaay can see the huge smile in your post well done you lass megga hugs

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thanks @Legin - feeling pretty chuffed...up for a repeat on Friday then back to 3 or so hours next week. How is life with you my friend? Winning the battle of the hip? - Mx
 
Im ok no real change well only om negative side but hey ho can still make the best mud pies with grandson.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@BananasKnees Hi Charlotte - re PT yes I did do formal PT... while I was in the acute care hospital the PT came each day...to get you up walking and make sure that you had the right support (walker or sticks), moving legs horizontally in bed, leg lifts and foot points etc them moving to sitting in a chair and other basic stuff. Then after 6 days of this I went to a dedicated rehab hospital where I had PT x2 per day - physio for one session and hydro for the other. On discharge I had a regime of Physio + hydro x3 per week for 4 weeks then the same x2 per week for the next 4 weeks...still got 2.5 weeks to go on this second lot.

I feel at the moment that I really don't need PT but I will see the rest of this lot out and then reassess.

Hope that answers you question - cheers Maggie x
 
Thanks, Maggie. I was curious after my conversation with my PT. I couldn't recall you saying anything about pt one way or the other. I'm finding it interesting to learn about how we all get from surgery to recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Maggie there is a reason why they bring doggies into nursing homes and to see children...they make you feel good and when you feel good your knees will feel better the same for @Spencieca starting back...it happened for me when I went to the golf course the first day....things just started to feel better when I realized I can do this again and better than before..........aha moments..

Vinny
 
yeah for the epic dog pack walk! I'm off for my first play day with my 3 year old grandson - these are the reasons we put in so much effort!!
 
Maggie...soo glad you got to walk with a pack! Sounds like things are progressing nicely, the way it should! Keep up the great attitude and enjoy your day!
 
Your walk sounds amazing, walking through mud and over stumps, woohoo! Plus all the pups and a good friend, sounds like a beautiful day.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Great thread Maggie, very inspirational and proof there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow..!!!
"I say this because forewarned is forearmed" best quote on your thread for me..:thumb:
 
@Spencieca "hi" back at you:SUNsmile: I've just go back form a longish walk where I focused on extending my stride - feeling very happy that I managed to do this for the whole 3600 steps (according to fit bit)

@javaev I'm glad you were able to take something from my thread.
 
the Girls are porped on the lounge recovering form PT & hydro this afternoon. Pleased to say that Laverne was at 130 and Shirley has come back to 128 (she was 120 last time)

Question - how are you in Smartie Land going with putting on knickers and pants/trousers??? Can you do this standing up or do you need to sit down? Even with ROM putting these garments on is not as easy as "before"... just curious
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom