Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am at 105 and able to get in and out of my tub. I use a wall handle for balance.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@wberry does that mean sitting down in the tub or getting in and out to shower?

Vinny
 
I'm able to get in and out of the bath at 120. Not very graceful, but I can do it. LOL
 
Getting in and out, standing, no sitting down in it. I can if I use a chair, but I usually shower standing.
 
Yes it is 135 to get in and sit down in the tub and to get up and out.....tricky

Vinny
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I had my bath taken out 3years ago....got a great walk in shower. So I won't have the pleasure of this exercise till the next time I stay somewhere with a bath....
 
I guess it is not a boy thing:heehee:

Another beautiful sunny day here in Sydney. Making a cuppa then off to walk the doggies - just loving having them. The last 3 days I have walked about 4 or so miles - all down to dog walking and going to parks:egypdance:

Knees are pretty good - I think I have turned that proverbial corner - sleeping better, and just feeling better. Knees are still tight and stiff in the mornings but not like they were. Have dropped back on the Targin from 15 to 10 mg + tylenol as needed at night times. I've decided to use Advil during the day if necessary.

All good in my world - hope the same for yours - Maggie x
 
I was a boy in 1959 when we moved to a house that had a shower and never got in the tub again that is when I became a man 1960:wink:.. I have found walking to be the best medicine for the knees and it helps ROM....still a little stiff in the morning too but goes quickly...you have turned the corner Maggie and you are happy walking the pooches:doggie::dogwalk:

Vinny
 
I have found baths a great way of aiding healing better than a heat pad BUT it makes us stop rest and relax. Also get lost in a good book.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Just visited a friend today who has built a new house on the harbour here in Sydney - he has a proper bath room - yep just a BIG bath:) - the room next door has the shower loo handbasin thing happening - mentioned the flex to get into one of these... he travels a lot - will have to get him to leave me the keys so that when the cat's away the mouse can play:)
 
Gettin up off the floor is getting to be less and less of a challenge. When I fell in the driveway on the ice a few weeks ago I about dislocated my shoulders pulling my self up. Last week, however, fixing the lower wheels on the gate, I got up and down like @skigirl suggested. Basically stiff legged walking my arms back into sort of a bear crawl. I did gather a few odd looks from passers by as I rolled from one area to the next transporting tools and supplies! It's not often one sees a fat man rolling around on a concrete driveway! In hindsight, it would have made sense to put all the stuff in the wagon...:egypdance:
 
@Drachenschwanz Ric I love the picture you paint rolling around on your drive way:heehee: and I agree hindsight is a wonderful thing

cheers
Maggie x
 
I'm glad to hear you are sleeping better and having such a good time walking those doggies!

Feels like it's been forever since we had the surgery, doesn't it? Reality is that we've still got tons of healing left to do but it's sure a lot more fun now that we're not stuck in our recliners all day :) I think I might be over doing it a bit but I can't seem to help it, it feels so great to get out and DO things!
 
It is true, I sometimes look like a hugely overgrown one year old getting up!!!!
 
The Girls re 10 weeks today and we are all feeling great. I'm a little stiff after hydro yesterday...I did a bunch of deep squats in the shallow end (3' deep I'm 5'9") then stood up pushing thru heels plus some single leg squats on the therapy step going down so far that the knee of the non sqat leg touched the floor...step is about 8-10" high....reallyl pleased with flex....paid for it later though☺ Laverne measured 130 yesterday...Shirley is swollen n sore w tight IT band...only 120 (was 128 last week)
Doggies went home yesterday but I'm back to my dog walking gig on Friday☺☺
@TexasTee I agree time has flown by....
Have a great day everyone - Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom