Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Easter to you Maggie!
Unfortunately, no public holidays for Easter here in the US, but many people take vacation time Friday and/or Monday.
Have a great day!
 
Thank you @Spencieca Sitting in bed with morning coffee and getting excited about picking up Pepper and Dash for the weekend:dogwalk:
Dreaming about being awake.....that's just too funny. But I do agree it is your subconscious playing up. I think it was leg cramps that kept me unsettled last night cause I forgot to take a magnesium pill...took one at 3.30 and got a bit more sleep.
Are you doing anything this weekend or just chillaxing at home? Whatever, take care, Maggie x
 
Catching up in here. Sorry you're still having trouble getting enough sleep, @Maggie94. I'm sympathetic, as I went for two or three weeks without enough sleep. It makes everything more challenging. It seemed to get better for me when I could finally exercise hard enough to sweat a lot, either in the pool or on the treadmill, but that might be a little way out for you, sounds like.

In a little funny aside, the magnesium I ordered finally arrived. When I no longer need it. :)

What a gorgeous photo! The most glamorous night I ever had as a writer was having dinner with my Australian editor on Sydney harbor. I just happened to be there for something else and she found out and rolled out the red carpet. It was amazing! :yahoo:
 
I'll have to take a picture of the muddy fields and beer can strewn ditches we have for walking around here! Actually, there aren't any more cans in the ditches. My boys wanted a little spending money so we collected about twenty pounds worth on Wednesday. Somehow I ended up as the pack mule. Lol, must have been a sight with several grocery bags hanging from the walking stick over my shoulder, shambling down the road.
Also, the winter wheat is greening up nicely and most of the mud holes have dried up. Spring is coming, eventually!
 
oh @Drachenschwanz Ric you painted such a fabulous and funny picture that made me laugh on this very wet Friday in Sydney. Hope the guys got some pocket money for their efforts. have a mental picture as a kinda aged Tom Sawyer - LOL. Life sounds good - Maggie x
 
Mmmm got the grandsons over this morning - 7.5 & 5... I can't get on the floor - LOL I did ask the PT about 10 days ago about getting up from the floor - she said it was relatively easy with 1TKR but not so with 2... I didn't pursue it. I think I will ask her to demonstrate on Tuesday when I go and decide then whether I will try it. How are others going with getting onto and up from the floor?? Any tips??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I googled "how to get up off ground after double knee replacement surgery" and got two video demos. Looks like they did a turn and bracing manuever
 
I had my knees done one at a time, but here is how I often get up and down. to get down, I just lean forward and put my palms on the floor. I get onto my toes and lower my entire body down at once. To get up, I put my hands and then feet on the floor and push up to a standing postion.!! I look like a gigantic two year old with a big butt!~!~
 
@skigirl - that visual made me giggle! I've asked my PT to help me with this before we finish formal pt. I am afraid of falling in public and being unable to get up. Embarassement factor - never thinking about maybe getting hurt.
 
sitting here giggling remembering the kyack paddle in September in Dubrovnick last year. I got in OK...paddled out into the sea and around this island (in a double kyack with my travel buddy - all 8 kilometers of it) then got back to the jetty, top of the kyack was about 6" below the top of the jetty ....I could not get out. My knees just did not have the leverage to get up. Problem solved 2 hunky young guys came and hauled me out - embarrassment factor was off the rictor scale - Sandra stood back doubled over with laughter... I am still to forgive her for that - LOL
 
thanks @wberry & @skigirl I will google and check out the online offerings and mmmmm try the two year old thing... I'll see. Too scared that if I get down there I won't be able to get back up
 
Sooooooo chortling at kyack episode poor you eith two hunks. Im sure you will overcome this Magwag if not there is always www.hunksrus.com

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin you are such a wag...how was your night and what do you have planned for today...6.25pm here. Just had fabbo chicken n corn soup cooked with fresh chilli and coconut milk - yum yum yum. Got da whippets curled up on the lounge with me - cheers Maggie x
 
I no longer get your alerts.....hhmmm m....I watched videos of the procedure to get off the floor...there is a you tube video of everything.. Mind you I have not gotten of the floor too often but it is tough to push up using your quads.....have a great Easter Maggie..

Vinny
 
I saw the you tube videos. Pretty much it's the same way I got up with bad knees before replacements. Hmmm, I wonder how much flex is needed to accomplish either technique and the two I saw both require kneeling. Best not to fall yet! LOL

Love the kayak story, Maggie. Reminds me of my first (and last) attempt at skiing. Fell on the bunny slope within the first 15 minutes and could not figure out how to get up! This was on a school trip & they were taping everyone having a grand time all around me, cutting to my turtle on his back antics every few minutes. That video has been played at my high school for years! Laughing about it now, but at the time .....


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm no help since I've got the one good leg but I do think it's a very good goal for you to work with your PT on doing it, at some point you WILL forget yourself and get on the floor so it would be best to know how to get up!!

How goes your Easter weekend? I was thinking I'd be out of commission due to MUA so I had planned nothing and feel fine, it's kind of weird. All fired up and nothing to do! Will have to come up with something :)
 
Hello Maggie, I love your kayak story, it reminds me of when I went white water rafting and when I fell out, I could not get back in so the guides pulled me in like a fish!! I was mortified but my family thought it was hysterical.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The visual of that event is so funny. Can't be any worse than my son getting me off the ground when I had that fall.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@vinny.....just thinking....when you try to bend your knees further Han they an go, does it sill hurt? Or does the end just stop??? My PT shows m a on stretch for want of a better name...on your back, knees bent, lit one knee leads your chest and let your lower leg flop.(its sort of the reverse of the on your belly off the end of the bed extension stretch.
Anyhow long here reading w Shirley positioned per above and the ongoing pain Q popped up....does the knee eventually stop hurting???? M x
 
Maggie the knee most certainly stops hurting....for me I push or pull it until it stops until about a month ago I would go to the point where it hurt but now it no longer hurts but it will not go further...I have more bend than I did at the final PT and that comes from putting my foot on a chair and leaning forward...you get more bend when you have weight behind it than just lying on your back and pulling the foot back...they say you need 135 to get in and out of the bath tub but I will have to take their word for it.....The Easter Bunny arrived this morning but she brought donuts with her instead of Easter Eggs......guess I will have to eat them anyway..

Vinny
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom