Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 9 weeks to the girls!! Amazing how quickly and agonizingly slowly those went, huh?! Glad to hear the Tylenol is helping with sleep - sleep makes ALL the difference. Just one night of crappy sleep and I feel it!
 
Maggie - happy 9 week an"knee"versary! My right one is just a few days behind your twins. It's awesome that you were able to sleep last night I sure hope the trend continues for you! Excellent idea about establishing a pain control protocol. Reading posts from all over, I am astounded with all the different medications that people have at their disposal. I know I'd be confused about what was safe to take when and with what. And it's not just an international thing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 9 weeks, Maggie,
I know what you mean about the earlly morning pain. If it weren't for that, I'd be almost normal! LOL
Keep up the good work!
Karen
 
@Spencieca We could have a BS anthem...."and the pedels on the bike go round and round" refrain, followed by "the knees on the bike go up and down" and so on.....

OK game on for more verses....Maggie x
 
just to pick up on my meds regime comment - my point is not what to take but more how long. Most people are busting to get off narcs but I am finding I need them at night. I read on the forum and elsewhere that you will not get hooked on narcotics if you are in pain and the meds are taken for this reason.

I have been taking 15 mg Targin at night and dropped back to 10 last night (tylenol equivalents aside) I did notice the diff between the 15 & 10 in terms feeling pain and getting a reasonable sleep. Says to me that I still need the 15 for a while longer...any comments appreciated - Maggie x
 
Im no medic but if body is still saying ow or aches at night and stopping sleep I would take them. Sleep is v important. A groggy maggie during day wont be able to do as much in exercise also tiredness can equal accidents

Legin THR Sep 14
 
thanks @Legin makes perfect sense to me - how is your day/night whatever? Mx
 
Im ok struggling with silly nerve pain but hey could be worse.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Not easy @Legin. I know nothing about this so sending a hug cause I don't know what else to say....(((((Nigel)))))) Hope you get it under control. Maggie x
 
I read on the forum and elsewhere that you will not get hooked on narcotics if you are in pain and the meds are taken for this reason.

Maggie I don't know if it is hooked as much as dependent, semantics perhaps...although some opiates are highly addictive others are like the 5 o'clock cocktail..if you have one no problem but if you crave them and have more than one when you are no longer in pain its a problem....I think in your case during this process it is not hooked or dependent just part of the process necessary to heal and eventually your sleep patterns will go back to normal.....

Vinny
 
Thanks @vinny...agree semantics. Yes I understand its a process I just want to make sure what I'm doing is valid... cause and effect stuff. So many on BS are pushing to cut down meds,I was too until about 2 weeks ago. Even that meds check was on the light side of enough for comfort and sleep. If it worked I'd be happy w no meds and a couple of glasses of red. It doesnt so back to drawing board and getting it sorted.


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
They seemed to have gone back to normal...are you getting alerts?

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
They are there but the little red bell never shows..when I click alert they are there though.

Vinny
 
No golf today..yesterday came in second and closest to the pin to win a bottle of wine...we don't drink so it will go in the crock pot...golf tomorrow and in the office today for a few hours.....you will get there soon..
7:50 am here
Vinny
 
Yep looking forward to a hit. A friend had a TKR a month ago. She carts so I might invite myself to a visitors day n hitch a ride w her...pair up as old kneesies

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Go and chip and putt..good to hang at the golf course....Made me feel great the fist time I went..

Vinny
 
I hope you were able to sleep and the change in med levels gave you some much needed rest. My night was sort of restless. I slept in two shifts. Hope you have a good day today!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom