Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its 8 weeks for the Girls today. To mark this I took the 4 inch chocks off my bed.....these's a new sensation it feels so low LOL.

Laverne and Shirley are behaving and the IT band pain in right knee is responding to stretches and TLC.

I'm still taking oxy at night 15mg but nothing else. Rehab Dr and I will cut back to 10mg on Monday and supplement with short acting breakthru meds if needed.

Exercise is still much the same....I'm now up to 20 mins on cycle with seat moved to increase flex, walking each day about the same distance average 2.5km and stretch and quad strength exercises in bed in the morning and again before bed at night.

Bottom line is that progress is there - not really decernable on a day to day basis but now as I look back I can really see and feel the improvements.

Hope all are well in BS land - take care of yourselves - Maggie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Maggie, ah the healing qualities of shiraz

Legin THR Sep 14
 
thanks Charlotte... your RTKR is right with me your left is just a baby... as I typed that it reminded me of people having second families in mid life - go figure the the thought process :dubious:!!!!

How do you find having one "big" child and a baby??? I'm interested because we are both BTKRs - albeit done differently. Hope all is well with you - Maggie x
 
indeed @Legin - another glass will be on the go shortly:thumb: How are you going? - Maggie x
 
Me oh im ok silly foot is still giving me all the qualities needed for ministry of silly walks and t'other hip is singing out of tune. But hey its spring and its great to see then end of the cold dreek days.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Love that John Clees skit. Hopefully the warmer weather will assist the choral quality of your other hip. Maggie x
 
Tonight is more experimenting....got the TEDS on...in my opinion my these are great to sleep with. Legs are supported and I've noticed less cramping and more "spring" in the morning because swelling is reduced
Tonight's experiment is the vitamin E and Sarin wrap trick (we call this Glad warp in Oz)...stay tuned for an analysis of results. Do I sound scientific?

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Chortle ohhhhhh yes very succinct. Lab coat and big framed glasses too

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Maggie, the teenager right knee is doing well, so far. I had just gotten to the point of working on normal stair climbing, descent when left knee was due. RTKR seemed "easy" to me, with a few small issues along the way. The LTKR had a rougher start. Lot of post surgery pain by comparison, mostly due to problems with the femoral nerve block (in my non-professional opinion) and maybe the knee was in worse shape at time of surgery - after all it had six weeks of hard use between surgeries. I also have had lots of emotional issues with crying at the drop of a hat. Truthfully, that lack of control bothers me even more than pain issues! I have just started PT with the baby, so it will be interesting to see if baby & teen will play well together. Like all blended families it's probably going to take effort to make it work. I don't know if I could have tolerated a true bilateral proceedure, even if my OS had offered that choice.
(Just for giggles in your 2nd family analogy, I am the baby of a blended family - dad had a son by his 1st wife, mom had two sons & a daughter by her first husband and I am their only child together.)
 
What me errrrrr would I, im a good numpty honest............... braid missed a bit ooooooooooooooops

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Science never sleeps....12.50am here and wrap reapplied to Laverne. Technical error in the original application exposed...you need to do a continuous covering of wrap not successive bits applied one on top of the other. Just perfecting the experimental technique and of course brewing the middle of the night cuppa.
 
Seems Science and Maggie never sleep..save the wrap and you can use it for leftovers.

Vinny
 
Hey there Maggie - seems I've missed something along the way - the TEDs I understand but why are you glad wrapping Laverne? Does she talk at night ? :)
 
@TexasTee Ha ha.....very funny but no. It is for pain relief. Google "sarin wrap knee"....there is also an article in the BS library about using this.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
- googles effect of shiraz and it halucinagenic properties
 
Yes, I had heard of doing this for nerve sensitivity, I just didn't know you were having issues with it. Hope it works!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom