Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @noc he he just passing the time. How are you Chris? How are the knees? Did you take the extra time off work? Sorry barrage of questions....just care about you my friend. Maggie x
 
@TexasTee Teresa I tried it because of tightness in the scar and immediate surrounding area in the mornings. Have to say knee feel good even with a bad night sleep wise.
 
Hi Maggie~! ; )

I am going back to work on April 6th ( to the office ) and will starting checking email and starting April 1st, I must have 5000+ emails....

My right knee is still not up to par with the left knee, and the right knee was the power player in the beginning, he was my golden gun - leading me up, and down the stairs, lol - I am starting to get in a funk, maybe even depressed with life , so I need a change and , believe or not -I think work is what I need -to many variables to worry about ....

Just walked to pick up the kids from school, felt pretty good - so maybe there is hope.........; )
 
@noc....I hear frustration behind your words. Patience my friend. Walking to get kids is great, back at work wading thru emails is great (sort of)...big thing about back at work is reconnecting with colleagues and having a braorder range of mental stimulation. I have my funny little dog walking gig...met them at the park on Tuesday and had a tab time with the puppies in the outdoors. Totally understand wanting to get back to work. It is a HUGE normal.
Your right will gradually work itself out...I am exactly the same, left is better than right (at the moment). Keep strong, Maggie x
 
Maggie, I just love reading your posts and thank you for responding to thread...I just wanted to stop by and say hello and say Thank you for being a ray of sunshine on some cloudy days...Insomnia is very annoying! How did the saran wrap work out?
 
Ok all the science report. When i took the wrap off there was still a covering of creme. I have to say that there was no skin pulling at all and knee moved freely. Would I do this again? Probably not cause i get the same outcome albeit with a bit of skin pulling with my morning knee massage. This is a pic of the Girls in their wrap...note mega sexy TEDS
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Good for you trying things to help and all despite comical comments - teetumtee

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Grrrrrr time for a whinge. Not happy tonight Girls are cranky...I think Shirley is having a hissy fit. Why??? Who knows. Bad night's sleep last night so tired to start with. Walked about 4km in total today which is 25% more than usual but that's about it. I actually resorted to taking 5mg of endone just to quiet them. This was about an hour after my nightly 15mg Targin. Thought about the pain and ache and tried to equate it to a headache....what would I do if it was...answer drugs. So after about 10 days with nothing except Targin I caved and took the other short acting pain pill.
Its just starting to kick in. YEY. Means I should be able to read.
End of gripe. Tomorrow is another day .... and one more closer to full recovery.
Thanks for listening......Maggie x
 
@vinny Yep they do look good. Compression sox are fantastic for minimising swelling. Didn't wear them today...perhaps also contributed to my night time grumpies.
How was your day....are you anywhere near that Ozzie podiatrist that was murdered?

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Have only worn them twice when I flew after having DVT. Didnt like them but I dislike tight clothing and tend to wear as little as is needed.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
My OS was putting them on me when I woke up in the operating room and had to wear them for 10 days along with blood thinner injections for clotting issues..no mention made of swelling though.. have to say they the struggle to put them on and off after surgery made me anxious to ditch them.....

Vinny
 
@Maggie94 , sorry you've had a rough night. I'm sure it's a temporary situation, even though it feels like it's been forever. We will make it through, I just know it!
 
OK "pitty party" is over - its another gloriously sunny day here in Sydney. Had a good night's sleep and feel soooo much better this morning. I was such a misery guts last night.

Will be heading our for a walk shortly and have physio and hydro therapies this afternoon. Taking up the getting the PT to show me how to get off the floor tip others on this site have mentioned. Then I will be able to do the legs up the wall thing also mentioned - swelling just above the knee is a pain,

have a top day everyone - Maggige X
 
Is the "alert" function not working - Smarties I am surprised that I don't have any comments on the above posts - Maggie:bawl::flabber:
 
well the Girls redeemed themselves after yesterday and last night at physio today - Laverne and Shirley are little stars with ROMs of 127 & 128 respectively. Mind you they are letting me know they are around at the moment - heading off to elevate and ice after my BS check-ins. How is everyone else traveling - Maggie x
 
Been reading about the saran wrap thing with interest! Did some research on this around the web; some say it worked and others reported no change whatsoever.
What HAS helped is the knee compression sleeve, though. My knee looks less swollen, although still dealing with stiffness.

Sounds like you're doing pretty well, though. Fantastic! :-)
 
Yep love the compression sox and pants. Some how my lehs feel refreshed with these on compared to without

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Remember---what seems like enough time---especially for BTKR's---is just the "warm-up" period. At eight weeks or so, we begin to wonder why things are moving so slowly---and we get a bit antsy.

Even for a TKR, it can take a year or so to recovery completely, and a BTKR may take the same amount of time---or it may be a little slower. What seems like "Hey it has been long enough---where is the progress?"

The answer is here:
Where are you in recovery?? (tkr)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom