Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one maggs and its soooo important for the pamper and relax as that aids recovery soooo much to have that good relaxed feeling. What jazz and what wine

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin Jazz is eclectic - love it all - crooners, the soulful girls, to rhythm and blues - all good including some really old Ledbelly, Blind Lemon Jefferson and others from round 100 yrs ago - fantastic!!! Fave wine is Aussie Shiraz - big and full - beautiful pallet:cheers2:. What are your fave music and drink prefs? Hope all good in our world - Maggie x
 
Music v eclectic as is jazz I listen to a lot of dutch singers and groups as their jazz scene is soooooo good. Saw Jamie Cullum a wee while back he was amazing. I love ozzie reds and favourite winery is Capel Vale their Kinnaird Shiraz is decadence. Oh really good simg along belt it out is New Yorker Julian Vellard. But hey I have about 20gb music and use spotify loads

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin sounds like you and I could kick back comfortably and do some damage to a bottle or three of good red - cheers Maggie x:cheers:
 
Nae doubt lass tho i talk a lot surprise hey. Always last to finish meal etc. But to me chatting is on of the true gifts in life
 
My PT had me get something called tubigrip which is kind of like an ace bandage looking, but soft, compression sleeve to help with the swelling.
 
thanks @kneeper - I'll check these out.
I wore TEDS (knee hi) yesterday afternoon and kept them on for bed... good result as less cramping in my calves and behind the knee:yes:. I've ordered leg sleeves on ebay so will see how they go as well
 
Maggie, I'll be your insomniac friend, although we're on opposite side of the clock. :) I have a lot of trouble sleeping and I'm not sure what it is exactly--sometimes achy, sometimes restless. Long walks are helping a little, but then I spent hours and hours in the garden today which usually knocks me out and nope. Here I am awake. I've been trying to just be at peace with it, sleep as much as I can at night, nap as needed during the day, and just be zen about it.

As for stamina, I don't have mine back yet completely. I have a few strong days and then I'll do something simple and be so tired all I want to do is collapse in my chair for the rest of the day. Time, time, time, right? I get impatient and yet the knees are still in charge. :)
 
@Awriterafoot Hi Barbara - yep stamina is a killer - out for 2 hours of hydro & physio this morning then out for 2.5hours this afternoon (in the car then sitting down) - now home and absolutely exhausted.

I did sleep better last night albeit with a cup of tea at 1.30am. I sleep for 2-3 hours then wake and can usually settle into another position with in say 10 mins. Having said that there have been nights when I have been awake for hours....ho hum yep time and patience - all will be OK in the end - Cheers Maggie x
 
Sleep and lack of it at night is sooooooo frustrating. I viewed it as my body clock had shut down over a period of megga snoozes when needed. Then suddenly we try to return to normal sleep patterns. A tad like someone finishing a long run of night shifts then having to change sleep pattern. It does get better I now sleep 4hrs and really only wake because silly foot is shouting. Anyway enough serious from me hope you manage to return to normal, but define normal..........

Legin THR Sep 14
 
thank you @Legin that is quite a serious speech - I think it is the longest I have read from you...and I love the sting in the tail....normal.... how long is your piece of string? We could get quite philosophical or just have another wine...speaking of which cheers:martini: - not a martini another Ozzie Shiraz
 
Chortle, welllllllllllllllll every now and again Harold steps forth with his serious bit. I wouldnt expect anything other than the old shiraz tho on a v hot day I enjoy white port drizzled over a ice in a tall glass. My string errrrrrr hmmmmm its got lots of knots in it. Cheers - coffee 8am

Legin THR Sep 14
 
knotty nutty - love it all - enjoy your coffee - M x
 
Grand lass heres to sleep for you nae munsta dreaming.
N

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I hate that so many of us are dealing with insomnia....but I LOVE that I can pop in here any time of the day or night and find someone roaming the halls - LOL! It's like we're all in the same rehab and we're sneaking out for a smoke after lights out. :-) :-)

Didnt take pain meds before bed because I didn't need them....but my knee woke me up with a roar at around 2:30 am. Drifted back to sleep for a short time but here I am up again. No pain, though.

Reading with interest what you guys wrote about stamina. The stamina issue worries me a little. I know it's normal at only 2 months post-op, but I have to go back to work in a couple of weeks. Wondering how I'll do....
 
@SeptemberZen Two weeks is a long time at our stage of recovery. Who knows how our stamina will be then. I had a stress out discussion with a friend about a dinner we are both going to next Saturday night.....when I was chatting to her all I wanted to do was go to sleep ( its me not her stimulating conversation LOL) and the conversation was around me embarrasing myself by asking to be excused at 8 pm. But now at 8.30 pm I am OK...for the moment. Such a merry go round and lucky dip of pain, emotions and stamina. Just as well I have a nice glass of wine beside me.

On going back to work.... If it was me I'd see if I could ease back....say start at 9.30 /10 and finish early between 3 &4 for that first week...do some hours from home if you can or some other arrangement. Whatever you do remember to take gel PACs and pain meds with you. Maggie x
 
@SeptemberZen

On going back to work.... If it was me I'd see if I could ease back....say start at 9.30 /10 and finish early between 3 &4 for that first week...do some hours from home if you can or some other arrangement. Whatever you do remember to take gel PACs and pain meds with you. Maggie x

I work on payroll and can't do any of it from home since we use a proprietary system. When you go back to work, managers always say, "Take it easy. Don't push yourself," and then a half hour later, they're asking for the Johnson report or wondering why you haven't finished up a week's work in your In Box. :-) :-)

But I ain't killing myself! I'll do the best I can and if I have to leave early, then so be it.
 
Sheeeeeeeesh Maggie it mustbe the middle of the night there. Insomnia attack?

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom