Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "alert" function not working - Smarties I am surprised that I don't have any comments on the above posts
Maggie, don't get disheartened if people don't respond as quickly as you'd hoped. Actually, your thread is being read by many, many people....you have over 8,000 views! People often read posts and don't feel they have anything to offer. Actually, I read your thread last night before going to bed and thought you sounded so upbeat and positive that things were just fine!

One thing we all can do more of (me included) is to use BoneSmart's "like" buttons that appear at the bottom right of each post. You can signal: like, agree, funny, informative, friendly, useful, or creative for any post. This is a great alternative when a viewer doesn't have anything to add, but they want you to know that they've read your post. I'm not much of a social media person, so using these icons isn't second nature to me....but I'm working on it!! Maybe some of your many viewers will do that in the future for you as well.
 
Hey Maggie - sorry you had a rough night but congrats on the 25% extension of your walking, go girl! I think there are just going to be weird days when it just hurts more than others and heck yea, take the meds if you need them!
 
Thanks @TexasTee. Slowly slowly catcher monkey....I have noticed that Girls tend to be sore after pt. Agree re meds....spoke to a medical friend and she said the same thing.
 
My knees and muscles were a little ouchy after PT--but it was a good kind of ouchy, as I was doing something about improving.

My PT folks made sure that I took a careful and gentle approach to my recovery, and they were also very adamant about not working too hard. They, at times, had to reign me in a little bit here and there.

I did ice both knees at the PT facility and then again when I arrived home.
 
Thanks @referee54 PT does make you work harder than home. Pain like you say after this just lets you know that you've been working


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Maggie...hang in there..sounds like you are on the right track! I am about 3 weeks behind you and am at that " are we there yet" stage, actually I have been there since day 3 :)
 
@Spencieca you make me laugh....day 3!!
Absolutely beautiful day here. Sunny and warm. Got the gardener doing his thing out front. All good.
How are you today?

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Doing well and the girls are just like teenagers being made to get up cajole them a tad divert them and away. Oh mine expected big hugs so massage your knees lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey @Legin thanks for that. Knee massages are a regular feayure of my day. Girls behaving, had dinner, now relaxing w guess what?..... a glass of Ozzie shiraz. What are you up to? Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Today could be a day of hydrotherapy, rain. So going back on the bike I have it in mind of other hip getting done and tryimg to ensure they dont have probs dislocating this one unlike last time.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Nigel I take it to mean that you are working on strengthening H2? Good idea. When do you think you will get it replaced?
 
See OS in May but x ray didnt look good. Last time saw consultant first time opp 5 days later

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Wow. They moved fast for H1. If the second needs found I hope they move just as quickly. M x
 
Hi Maggie Keep on keeping on! You are a terrific support and I check in everyday to see how you are progressing. Well an exciting Sat night for me, already in bed, machine on and it's all of 9pm. I got some support stockings --hmmmm tried getting the right one on this morning no go - can't bend knee enough. I figure I will need about an hour to get each one on :rotfl: . Where did you find your knee supports?
Sleep well - and we will eventually
Diane
 
Yup I did a silly man thing ignored pain etc and didnt go to dr so by time I did it was in a bad way.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Sudibar I agree that gettingbthe compression stockings on is a challenge. I sit on the lounge with feet on the floor. Cincerlina the sock with both hands, lean forward and put it on your foot. With your foot on the floor you have some leverage to wriggle it on. The heel is the hardest. Once over the heel gently work sock on using both hands ad your thumb between the leg and sock. I kind of move my thumbs around each side of the leg easing the sock on....hope you can follow that Maggie x
 
when I was wearing the compression stockings I could never get them on by myself and based on the time I had with them 4 months ago I am not sure I could do it today with all of the donuts I have been eating....just had a maple donut with crispy bacon on it...nirvana...

vinny
 
Picture this...on my bed, head on pillows, Shiraz at my elbow, jazz playing, tablet in hand typing and legs up the wall....what a way to spend a Sunday evening. LOL. Figured that as I didn't wear compression Sox today legs needed to be "above it all".
Will be reading after posting. Need one of those bendy straws for wine. Note all, sleep tight. Maggie x
 
Agree. A straw is not the way to drink wine. Wine is finished and just had a mug of tea...heaven
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom