Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it was worth it....girlirs love cakes

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
I just had a donut with my coffee that would be right up @legins alley(sounds like a street in Glasgow) it was a maple glazed topped with crisp bacon bits......sorry I only had one so I had a strawberry filled too....walking the golf course in two hours..probably not enough to wear them off...the curse of a sugar addict..

Viny
 
Rather have a scotch pie water pastry and ooooooozles of pepper

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Maggie, just came by to see how you were doing and it looks all good. I am in great spirits and very upbeat about this whole process and I hope this continues. Enjoy your weekend.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
OS review today - (7 weeks tomorrow post op) - he is very pleased with progress:yes: Re stamina he said there is no observable time difference in the recovery of bilateral or single TKRs... in both cases he said stamina takes about 3 months to get stamina back and nanna naps are the norm:chillpill:. Next check & Xray in September. I is happy:wink: - cheers Maggie x
 
Hi @Blendab1 thanks for stopping by - all good with me - just recovering and exercising both physically and my patience - ho hum:chillpill::chillpill: I've been following you on your thread and am thrilled as how you are going - keep it up - Maggie X
 
Great report for the doc, glad all is well!! I have no idea if it was the starting yoga, stopping narcotics or just my time but I finally stopped napping every afternoon - I think mid last week? My energy is still nothing like it was but it feels like a good start and just in time, we don't have a nap room at work :)
 
I came home exhausted after my first day of work. I'm hoping it will get better as I readjust to life in the real world!
 
Building blocks....then every so often you notice doing things you could not do before.....we have all been through a battle .....and stamina slowly and surely returns

Vinny
 
Hi @TexasTee That's impressive re energy levels....I still have a nap most days. Last night was my first without the long acting narcotic Targin (down to only 10mg of this at night)....no sleep... I wax on the phone at 1am chatting to other insomniac buddies...grrrrr. I am going to stay in bed this morning and try to sleep a bit.
The yoga sounds like it is kicking you right along...great stuff. Take care, Maggie x
 
@kaw205 Poor Karen. Did you crash and sleep like a baby? Early days yet on the stamina stakes. It can take up to 6months to get this back to "normal". Maggie x
 
Thanks @vinny Yes I still notice improvements every day...it is a long road to walk. Maggie x
 
But as they say at a Liverpool game dear Maggie....you'll never walk alone....


Vinny
 
Hi Maggie,
I did sleep like a baby. Today was better and the knee didn't complain as much.
Actuallly, being more active seems to have helped with ROM.
I won't know for sure until I go back to PT. (I'm taking this week off).
Well, g'night. Up early tomorrow!
 
@kaw205 Karen I think you will find that walking will be great for your ROM and you may not need to do much more than that and some lite things like heel slides, leg lifts and toe pointing......

Vinny
 
Hi Teresa....sleep would be great. 2am here....Girls aching. I've stopped the narcotics for the 2nd nite... Just Tylenol equivalent taken just now. This is me being stubborn. I could take an Endone and feel nothing or try to go without....I'm on the latter course. Hope you are having a top day. Maggie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom