Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you are not sleeping well. How about just taking a half pill of the pain med? Hope you are sleeping now,so I'll be quiet.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
I have had a lot harder time sleeping soundly since I gave up the meds, too - it is what it is - either way you go it will all work out. I am trying to pack in as much exercise as I can so that I sleep well, it's helping some. Bound to be helpful to increase my stamina as well so win/win! Hope you are sleeping soundly :sleep:
 
@Blendab1 ended up sleeping OK....just stay in bed longer and then it's and pieces of sleep add up....8.30am here and I am in bed w coffee on the tablet:happydance:
@TexasTee agree...step up the physical! Will do. Funny how obvious things like that don't click in our minds derrrrr.
@Legin thanks for the bell laugh.....best medicine

Have a great day all, Maggie x
 
Hey Maggie, Thanks for checking up on me. I've been busy getting ready for work and now am back to it. You must be seeing a big difference now eh. Your seven weeks out so are you starting to sleep good? I found eight weeks was like a switch was thrown and it all started to work again. Keep updating your Thread, I'm not always posting but I like to keep up to date on what you and the rest of the gang are doing. Harry.
 
@oldrugbyprop thanks Harry. Will keep reporting in...progress every day so I'm happy. Glad you r back at work without any dramas. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Just reading about knee sleeves on @SeptemberZen thread and @Blendab1 OS recommendation re knee wraps. Seems that knee wraps / sleeves help with oedema and hence knee stiffness. @referee54 do you have any comment on this....if they help with oedema and resultant stiffness them I'm in.

Anyone else used or heard of these? Maggie x
 
I would be quite interested in what others say as I don't want to do anything that is going to hinder my progress.
 
Agree. Progress hindering is not on. Its all about progress:yes!::happydance:

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@janmont Thank you for the heads up re compression pants... I bought a couple of pairs last September thinking I would use them for long distance air travel... didn't happen. I have them on now - :wowspring:feels great!!! You are 9 days ahead of me on the recovery road and like you I have back of knee ans calf pain but only for Shirley (r knee). I'm going to be very interested on how she feels at the end of the day - 11.15am here now. BTW do you wear them to bed? Not a very sexy look but hey at our age who cares:wink: - Cheers Maggie x
 
OK...7.45 here in Sydney on a Saturday night and this little Smartie is in jarmies in bed with jazz playing and a lovely glass of Aussie red wine...book awaits. B S first. I have to say that today wearing the compression pants has been the most comfortable I have had since pre bionics
I'm amazed by the reduction in swelling in both knees, the reduction in calf pain and just the amazing feel of my legs. These will definitely be a must wear for the next couple of months or more. So happy for the heads up on these from @SeptemberZen s thread. Well worth a try for others with soreness and swelling issues. OK time for my book....Dean Martin crooning away...heaven. Nite all Maggie x
 
Everybody loves somebody sometime........Maggie I would be interested to hear if you have improvements now that you are getting off pain meds...I have had discussions with staff in my OS office regarding his lower usage of narcotics....his feeling is that it hinders recovery and if the pain is better than it was pre op then he does not prescribe them going with tylenol..he feels the side effects and dependency issues outweigh just toughing it out and his patients bounce back quicker......be interested to see how you do......for sports injuries in the US and I'm sure the mantra was always R>I>C>E for rest,ice,compression and elevation so maybe the compression pants are the way to go...enjoy Dino.....


Vinny
 
Maggie, I am going to order myself some compression socks today now that I see they are working for you. I was told to wrap my leg with an Ace Bandage but it's just to uncomfortable but I think these would be better. Hope you had a great nights rest and I am off to check out Amazon.
 
Glad the compression is working for you!! Brenda - i bought some fun tattoo ones from Amazon, they were way better than the ones from the hospital. I haven't had a lot of swelling recently but will keep the stockings for when I travel or know that I'll be on my feet a ton, good tip!
 
@Blendab1 its not compression Sox I'm using its compression pants...like tights. Sox only come to the knee. These do the whole leg (& keep your butt firm...LOL).. Maggie x
 
@TexasTee hi Teresa are your compression stockings full leg? They would be much better than the pants. How are you going? Maggie x
 
Maybe I should get me some Spanxx...do they have them in the land of Oz?

Vinny
 
Hi Maggie, I am glad you are getting relief from the compression pants. Yeah for the wine, I am sure you enjoyed it and you deserve it!
I was so sore in the calves and back of the legs only after increasing my activity, even more after the massage. I put the pants back on and it's better today. I wish I could get off the meds but since this calf hamstring glute pain, it's hard. I like Vinny's philosophy; if the pain is less or the same as preop, get off of them. I think I will get a second pain of pants, maybe Tommie copper wear. What kind do you have?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom