Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the love and encouragement and I hope your Mom is healing well! Can't wait to see you on the other side with my new friend Gru!!
 
Hope you had a wonderful weekend Maggie....

Vinny
 
Laverne and Shirley at 6 weeks post op. Looking fabulous girls
[Bonesmart.org] Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins


Maggie via Tapatalk
 
The Girls are 6 weeks old today and I couldn't be happier with their progress (pic above). ROM on Monday was 118 for Laverne and 125 for Shirley (after massage - 115 & 120 before). Yesterday I noticed the Shirley felt close to normal - no or very little tightness other than immediately across the knee. It seems as though the swelling has reduced on both knees in that 4-6 inch band above and below the knees to concentrate more across and immediately around the knees. This morning walking around (6.30am) this "looseness" or "freedom" feeling was still there most definitely with Shirley (right knee) - I think this is good - @Josephine have others commented along these lines - I have not read anything like this?

Off to brunch up the coast this morning then physio and hydro therapies this afternoon.

Thanks all for your wishes about my mother - all is good - she had her hip plated and pinned and is comfortable. The weekend was big in terms of travel and emotion and I hit the wall on Monday - the OIDC membership got another usage - day of rest and doing nothing sorted that out.

Hope everyone has a great day - cheers Maggie x
 
Yeah - sounds like you are doing fantastic!! I do envy your ROM but will keep after it until I catch up!

I have noticed since starting yoga that my knee feels awesome/loose/normal for several hours after...it does stiffen up again if I've been on it for several hours but that feeling of zero pain and loose movement is such a gift for only 6 weeks, super happy. We were both blessed with a very easy (in comparison to many) recovery.
 
Great Maggie you are leaving me in your wake......go girl....cannot say that LaVerne and Shirley have scars...tiny little slices maybe..they look great..

Vinny
 
Vinney you were / are my inspiration. You are still way ahead of me cause you are back at golf...not that it os a competition but we both have strengths in our recoveries but each is unique. Thank you for walking this path with me, Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Slow day today. 2.5 hour car trip plus physio and hydro therapy yesterday took the get up and go out of me today. OIDC admission does not only come from too much physical activity...just being out and about at 6weeks can do it. I'm learning...slowly.
On the plus side sitting in bed with my knees up....have not been able to do this since pre k-day. Makes reading in bed more comfortable so this gal is happy. Nite all, Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie,
So happy that you're doing so well and getting on with life!
I know what you mean about the fatigue, but it will pass...just like the pain, swelling, sleep deprivation.
All will soon just be a memory.
Today at PT, I did stepping exercises for the first time and was amazed that the pre surgery pain was gone. Just a memory now!
Onward and upward we go!
Cheers, :cheers:
Karen
 
Thanks Karen @kaw205...you read about the fatigue but like everything else you need to experience it for yourself for the lesson to be learnt. I read I think on @skigirls thread, that her PT said 2hrs rest for each hour up. I can now relate to this and will try to adopt this strategy. Been following you...you are doing so well. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Nice slow day today - have walked and cycled...waiting for a friend to visit - she is bringing cakes:happydance:. This afternoon I am going to visit one of my golfing buddies who had a TKR last Monday - she now has Betty to help her relax:chillpill:

Sandra goes home to Brisbane tomorrow so I will be back on my own... great having someone around to help with the day to day chores and natter to.

Hope everyone has a top day - Maggie x
 
Cake ..,..,,,, and no invite tut and double tut. Doing well lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Cake....a moment on the lips forever on the hips @Legin BUT the selection of individual gourmet cakes was yummy... just means I will have to peddle longer and walk further. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Aye but was it worth it, im actually savoury

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom