Bilateral TKR Maggie94 tells the story of the Stryker twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing that is not different @oldrugbyprop Harry is that Maggie was the same pre and post op always positive always encouraging......the best...

Vinny
 
thanks @vinny ... remember that self help book circa 1980s... the Power of Positive Thinking - never read it but the title always stuck in my mind - have a great day - Maggie x
 
@Maggie94 That was the Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale another of his that I like and have always thought is "You can if you think you can" which I always turned around when speaking to my kids...."If you think you can or you think you can't your right"....I saw Norman Vincent Peale preach many times...

Vinny
 
Tries possitive thought on hair....... nope ... doing well as ever Maggssss

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Feeling mega normal:yes!::happydance:
Morning of doing tasks round the house + the daily "walk" and cycle routine and up and down the 14 stairs about 6 times. Friend arrived from interstate to stay for 10 days and we caught up over lunch. Then I was dropped at the hair dresser for a make over....boy oh boy I can't believe what the anesthetic and drugs do to hair. I had foils, a blissful shampoo & condition and a treatment followed by the best cut - love my HD, she is the best:roseshwr: Left after 3 hours feeling absolutely fabulous - hair back to its crowning glory.

Home for roast beef dinner with a good Shiraz and lots of gossip. Fantastic day. Knees are being good. In bed not (9.15pm) icing and catching up on the net. Way to go. Hope y'all had a great day too - Maggie x
 
Hi Maggie,
Great that you got you got to pamper yourself! I have a hair appt. today. Nothing fancy, but glad to be getting out of the house.
Woke up in alot of pain today from the aggessive PT yesterday. Took a pain pill, had breakfast, then did 15 minutes on bike and icing now. Feeling much better.
Have a great time with your friend!
Karen
 
Fantastic day! Isn't feeling normal awesome? Enjoy your visit with your friend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sandra and I are off to Canberra today (capital of Australia and the city I grew up in - about 220miles; 300km). My mother broke her hip last Sunday so we are driving down so I can visit her in hospital. Well stay over night - me with very old and dear friends Barry & Penny (I have a picture of Baz and i aged 4 at school together:giggle:) and Sandra will stay with her son and family who live about a mile away. Back home on Sunday afternoon/evening to be ready for rehab at 9am Monday.

That's my weekend - hope everyone has something nice planned - cheers Maggie x
 
Have a wonderful weekend Maggie and I hope your Mom feels better....

Vinny
 
I hope your weekend goes well, Maggie.

Be prepared for your knees to swell during that long drive - take gel packs, or some other means of icing.
 
@vinny, that is amazing that you heard Norman Vincent Peale preach! I'm such a believer in his work, and credit him entirely with my leap into a life that is just amazing. The original Law of Attraction man.
 
@Awriterafoot Barbara his church was in NYC and I stopped in a few times to hear him...very inspirational...no doubt many of us have been helped in our recovery by a positive attitude.

Vinny
 
Hi ya Maggie, hope your enjoying your weekend, and find your Mum feeling much better.
Diane
 
Hi Maggie, catching up on threads. It sounds like you are having a great recovery. Sorry about your mom but glad you are able to go visit with her.
 
Have a safe trip and love to your Mom for a quick and speedy recovery. Will she have to have her hip replaced? I hope you make plenty of stops to get out and stretch the girls and enjoy your time with your family and friends.

♥
 
How's your weekend passing, Maggie? Hope your mom is well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom