ah it is your general tomorrow..i am sure she will give you a certificate too...you also deserve the PMA award(positive mental attitude) you deserve all the accolades Maggie......
Your knees look great! Can I ask if you're putting anything on the scars or doing scar massage? You're doing terrific. I'm very impressed with your recovery. Congrats!
Hi @sunshine818 I use vitamin E creme on them a few times a day... it is o my bedside table. I also have sorbelene (??SP) on the coffee table and rub this up and down the scars a couple of times a day when I am resting or watching TV - all up probably 6 moisturizer applications per day and gentle rubbing the creme in.
@Blendab1 yep I am chuffed at progress - just saw my GP and she can't believe how good I am... bad news is that legally I am not allowed to drive in Oz for 6 weeks post op... needless to say I drove home very carefully ad will put the car keys up for another week.
6 weeks?! Yikes! Shamezel, that is...lol Looking great! I still have a small scab at the bottom of my incision so I can't put anything on it but honestly it's healing fine, like yours, so probably don't really need to.
hi all QUESTION - at physio yesterday the PT suggested massage as a way to reduce edema (sp) in my legs around my knees... massage pressure is from feet to groin... has anyone else heard of or done this? Thanks Maggie x
Yes, I've heard of several others using massage to reduce swelling - well, their PT did it, I'm not sure you can do it on your own? you might ask Lyn tag name ellejay - I believe she had that done with her first knee.
got it Maggie....we are on the same page....my PT basically said to work around the knee with emphasis on some side to side gentle movement of the patella......
Hi Maggie, Great to see you doing so well. My PT suggested that style of massaging but mentioned elevating the legs at the same time to help the fluid drain. My main issue now is just the swelling. Weirdest thing mow is the weather is changing here and the moisture in the air is driving the arthritis crazy. bright side is its not the knees. Keep up all the great work and your progress and positive attitude is a shining example to everyone.
Thanks @oldrugbyprop Harry great to hear from you. Elevating while massaging makes sense, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you are doing well albeit a few seasonal aches. Take care, Maggie x
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.